Utaban

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Utaban

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:14 am

I just watched DCT's performance on Utaban from 2004, they performed Love Letter on the show.

But first there was a kind of treasure contest. They bought along a demo tape of "Cha-Cha & Audrey's Project" which aparently is how DCT was named at first! :shock: On this cassette tape there was Mirai Yosouzu II (they even played a bit of it!) and some other DCT songs we know. Demo versions of course. VERY interesting. They showed some old photos too!

I didn't figure out from which year this tape was from. They said "jyuu nana nen" which is the 17th year of some era? :?

Also there was a small replica of WL 95 stage, pretty nice. Finally the hosts made a very funny remark, that the only thing higher than Miwa's voice is Masa's bass! :lol: :shock:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:27 pm

I believe 2006 would be Heisei 17, so it's possible the tape might have been made this year.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Ooops! Sorry, it's Heisei 18 this year, so maybe the tape is from 2005.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:00 am

Hmmm. Maybe but I'm not sure at all.

I forgot to mention, of course I uploaded the video to JPOP Suki. I got it from WinMX:

http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... s&id=15891

(Jei, let me know if it not alright to post links to videos ok?)

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:41 am

I saw the Utaban talk. Pretty funny even though I didn't know much of what was going on. The remark about Masa's bass being higher than Miwa's voice cracked me up. XD I laughed when the guy who was looking at the demo tape had tried to sing out: "Yasashii Kiss wo Shite". Heh~ The demo tape itself was interesting (with Mirai Yosouzu II being played for a little bit). So was the old pictures.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Thanks nakoruru for making Utaban available for download. My wife and I watched it and figured out that they are saying that the 'Cha-cha and Audrey's Project' tape was made 17 years ago. That part of the show was meant to spoof a Japanese version of 'Antiques Roadshow', where people bring in old items and have them evaluated for collectable value. The commentary was quite humorous, but Miwa's Gucci cape/raincoat and Masa's tin toy, both forty years old, were also rather valuable. The stage mock-up, being a one-of-a-kind item, has a lot of collectable value. The value of the tape depended on how many copies were made.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:54 pm

Oh, now it makes more sense now. :) Did they mention anything if this was a demo tape or if it got actually released? I got a little lost on the part they were actually talking about it. :oops:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:39 am

It sounds like this was never released- they mention that all the tracks were released but one, and if you look at the track listing when they show it you can see some tracks with English titles like 'Don't You Say...' and 'Lat 43 N', which we know from their appearance on DCT albums.

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Re: Utaban

Post by Celes » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:14 pm

nakoruru wrote:
But first there was a kind of treasure contest. They bought along a demo tape of "Cha-Cha & Audrey's Project" which aparently is how DCT was named at first! :shock: :
Yeah I watched it. WHat's with that name?? Cha-cha?? :lol:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:09 pm

'Cha-cha and Audrey's Project' was one of the names they used before they decided on 'Dreams Come True'.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:30 pm

This morning I watched an interview from a TV show called "Fun" or something like that.

At some point, Masa said he liked Star Trek. :) And then the host said Niha looks like Mr. Spock and actually, I had never realized it. They kinda look alike! :lol: Masa mentioned liking Ultraman too - I suppose, as a kid. :)

I got lost in this one because Miwa talks fast and there were three hosts on the show besides the DCT members so they all talk at the same time... :oops:

Anyway, I didn't manage to download the whole thing from WinMX yet. I watched the partially downloaded file, they performed Kessen wa Kinyoubi, Asa ga Mata Kuru and Mikazuki on the show. It is from 1999.

M'Turk
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by M'Turk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:25 pm

CCAPJoy.com? Doesn't quite sound right to me :lol:

Thanks for the ep. It was interesting.