Masa on 'Tetsuko's Room'

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Masa on 'Tetsuko's Room'

Post by nogizaka » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 am

On April 29th, Masa will appear on the long-running TV Asahi program 'Tetsuko's Room'. He will give a "secret interview" telling about how he met Miwa, and how DCT was formed, including early photographs and recordings.

TisSweet
DCTJoy Member

Post by TisSweet » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:13 pm

:P oohhh I hope someone record this ! :shock: :o :o :lol:

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm

I second what TisSweet said and before they were dreams come true weren't they called The Audrey Project Also I would laugh if Takahiro didn't play keyboard on there first album bet he didn't.

The old photos sound cool and recordings do they mean music recordings also if they had some old video footage even if it was short that would be icing on an already sweet cake.

Do you think somebody on JPS would record this?
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 pm

It is available on the popular video site. So far I could only manage to grab it in MP4 format. Not sure if it is available in higher quality so please someone who knows how to download in 720p HD quality drop me a private message.

I will put it up on JPS sometime tonight or tomorrow.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 am

Sweet -- I got it from the popular video site.

Just search for hanaekurata and set the filter for "this week".

The mp4s I grabbed are 480x320, which I think is "HD".

Actually the broadcast is analog TV so maybe it wasn't HD source.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue May 05, 2009 3:39 am

They talk about DCT starting a year after "The Best 10" ended which was a TBS music show that Kuroyanagi co-hosted. The TBS show started in 1978 and Masa says he always watched it every week.

Kuroyanagi did the voice for the Thunderbird series character Penelope when it aired on NHK in the mid-60s, and Masa says she was his first love.

5:10 in part I he says that before their debut Miwa used to make all their costumes by hand.

Part I ends with Masa talking about how he met Miwa, he was semi-pro and she was starting out . . . he was terribly impressed with all the songs she had written already and how completed they were.

Part II shows a later demo tape -- Miwa hand-decorated the cover.

When Masa was approaching 30 he decided to start a jimusho -- music office. He intended to stop being a musician and produce other artists.

There were a lot of female singer-songerwriters so Masa was told that the labels didn't need Miwa, even after the demo tape. Since the UK band scene was good it was decided to try it as a band form with 3 people.

Part III

They've sold 55 million albums

Then talking about his 20 yo bride. He met her at an eating place.

5:00 Talking about meeting her parents after the announcement. And he still feels the newlywed experience.

6:10 He consulted with Miwa about the marriage she said please make a nest. (chanto sunde kinasai)

8:10 Masa says the first CD his wife bought was Love Love Love.

I didn't understand too much of the dialogue, alas.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Sat May 23, 2009 8:28 am

Hmm I wish they released songs off that Cha-Cha & Audrey's Project demo tape lol also when did takahiro come into the picture and because he's not a member of the band that's why they didn't show any pics of him but didn't he join later and did he even play keyboard back then lol.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)