DCT skips Kouhaku again...

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:11 pm

I haven't had time to download anything yet, but my mother-in-law says DCT was 'Ootori'- the very last performance! Quite an honor, my wife says.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:46 pm

It is available already on the popular website. I will be ripping it off that 19 GB torrent as soon as my download finishes. :shock:

DCT performed a Middle of Nowhere/Sono Saki e medley. Miwa was awesome as usual, Masa was even genkier than usual. ^^ I still think he could sing Sono Saki e along with Miwa... maybe on the next tour? Hopefully?

Happy 2010 folks!!! :)

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:05 pm

A really spirited performance, with Miwa looking and sounding great, and very excited to be back on Kouhaku! Let's hope that this is the beginning of a return to TV...

My wife says that DCT's Kouhaku performances are THEIR stage, and not NHK's, because NHK is on their side. Couldn't hurt...

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm

I was watching this performance and just now I realized no one mentioned it here. Miwa says "minna, ai suru hito ni todoku you ni utae" (and yes, she did say that on Proud of You on The Love Rocks DVD) which I would translate as "sing to reach the person that you love".

And then she goes "mou aenai hito ni todoku you ni utae" "sing to reach the person you won't see again". Wow. Enough said.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 am

A tragedy like the one Miwa experienced can never be totally forgotten, but perhaps this appearance is a kind of closure for her.

Has anyone else seen the performance?

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm

I have. I noticed a bit, the words Miwa said, but didn't really think about until nakoruru mentioned it.. The only thing I can think of, is that I agree with nogizaka.

"A tragedy like the one Miwa experienced can never be totally forgotten, but perhaps this appearance is a kind of closure for her." <-- About this, I mean..

It did seem like she was having a good time in the performance. I, too, hope that this means a return to TV.

lovedct
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by lovedct » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:06 am

nogizaka wrote:A tragedy like the one Miwa experienced can never be totally forgotten, but perhaps this appearance is a kind of closure for her.

Has anyone else seen the performance?
Yes, we have.
Many of Taiwanese fans are crazy about DCT!!
I found that many of Chinese have seen, too.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 pm

We finally got to watch the entire Kouhaku presentation, and it turns out that DCT was not the final performance, as I posted earlier; they were the last of the Red Team performers, but that only makes them 'Tori,' or next to last. Ootori was, as usual, Enka singer Saburo Kitajima, who, like Miwa, is from Hokkaido, and greatly admired by her.

In any event, DCT could not have been Ootori this year, as the Red Team had the first performance, which automatically gives the White Team the last performance (this order alternates each year).

Watching DCT's performance in the context of the entire Kouhaku made it even more clear that the competition becomes Miwa's stage- one might as well be seeing a DCT concert. Now, if they could just figure out a way to channel that power into the U.S....

lovedct
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by lovedct » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:41 am

DREAMS COME TRUE will be at the 61st Kouhaku Uta Gassen!! They join it again and again!!!!

YEAH~ YEAH~YEAH~

I guess they will sing Sono saki e + Lies, Lies. ^^

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Will they be Ootori this year? I wonder...

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:25 pm

DCT will perform 'Ikite yuku no desu' at the 61st Kouhaku and will feature the "Kouhaku Special Brass Band." Hmmm....

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

nogizaka wrote:DCT will perform 'Ikite yuku no desu' at the 61st Kouhaku and will feature the "Kouhaku Special Brass Band." Hmmm....
Brass from one of the B&H tours, one can dream? :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Unfortunately, my wife thinks "Brass Band" means a marching band made up of 'Johnnys'-style kids (I hope not).

From the dream standpoint though, how about Tom Scott and his buddies from 'The Love Rocks'......?

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:14 am

Okies. Pardon me for asking, but... What exactly is Kouhaku? n.n; *is a bit confuzzed*

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:52 am

Kouhaku Uta Gassen is NHK broadcasting's "Red and White Song Competition." This will be the 61st Kouhaku, which means this event has been broadcast since 1949. It was originally a showcase of each years' best songs and performers, divided into Red (female) and White (male) teams (DCT is always on the Red team because they have a female lead singer) with the overall performances voted on by the studio audience to determine a 'winner.' Over time, it has changed into a sort of history of Japanese popular music, with some early performers being asked to return each year and sing their hits, but still including a certain number of new and more recent acts to try and keep a younger audience interested. Perfomers are invited by NHK to appear, so there is always controversy as to why many are excluded. I could go on, but I'll try to stop. It will be broadcast in Japan on 12/31/10, and will be available for download on JPS.