From dctgarden...

"LOVE OVERFLOWS - ASIAN EDITION"
On Sale: March 3rd, 2004
[A special DVD comes with it the limited edition...]
3,200 yen...limited edition
2,800 yen...regular edition

Some of the songs included are...

- LOVE LOVE LOVE -ENGLISH VERSION-

- THIS IS IT! YOU'RE THE ONE! I KNEW IT!
"Ureshii! Tanoshii! Daisuki!" ENGLISH VERSION-

- 24/7 -ENGLISH VERSION-

- BEFORE NOW
"Itsu no ma ni" ENGLISH VERSION-

- LOVE OVERFLOWS
"Shiawase na karada" ENGLISH VERSION DCT MIX-

(And I think "It's All About Love" as well....)

And playing on the album...a lot of the folks from Wonderland 2003...

David T. Walker (Guitar), Adam Rogers (Guitar), Nir.Z (Drums), Mark Hudson (Producer of "It's All About Love")
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by zberry » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:15 am

Jei,
My mind is racing with the possible implications of this announcement. Specifically, could there possibly be North American tour dates in support of this album?
I recall that Miwa told some audiences during the 2002 West Coast tour that she would "see them soon" or words to that effect. I'd give anything to see them at a venue like the Fillmore again.
On a related note, could this NY Sumile restaurant be a possible North American base where DCT is the house band, so to speak?
It was interesting to see the translation of ureshii, tanoshii, daisuki. I always just translated it as "happy, fun, love" in my head.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:44 pm

DCT planned to open a live house in NY a few years ago, but the state liquor board effectively x-d the project (DCT was just referred to as "popular Japanese rock band" in the press). Search on "Tambourine Entertainment", eg:

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0IC ... icle.jhtml
My J->E lyrics translations that Jay has kindly posted on his site are also kind of wonky compared to what real re-working of the songs would produce/require. I erred on the side of overly literal, and for this reason didn't translate any songs that Miwa has already produced in English (ie. the Sing or Die stuff -- they're already pretty literal translations).

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:18 pm

zberry wrote:Specifically, could there possibly be North American tour dates in support of this album?
I think that'd be more likely if the album was being released here in the states....
I recall that Miwa told some audiences during the 2002 West Coast tour that she would "see them soon" or words to that effect. I'd give anything to see them at a venue like the Fillmore again.
Next they come around, I'm certainly coming going to NYC, San Fran or Seattle to see 'em....F'k Last Vegas ;)
On a related note, could this NY Sumile restaurant be a possible North American base where DCT is the house band, so to speak?
Like tachikaze said, I think the original plans were for a band to play. From what I've heard, there isn't space in Sumile for a band...
It was interesting to see the translation of ureshii, tanoshii, daisuki. I always just translated it as "happy, fun, love" in my head.
Accurate translations don't always fit the English song...:)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

New album

Post by sdankoehler » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:26 am

I'm guessing if they are calling this one "Asian Edition" there must be a "worldwide edition" or something like that in the works...otherwise, I think they would just call it "Love Overflows." You wouldn't need an "Asian Edition." Are there any other songs on the album? New ones perhaps? Is it all in english or does it just have some english translations in it with the rest Japanese?

By the way Jei, come to SF if they come back. The Fillmore has got to be the best concert venue ever.

ricekid
DCTJoy Member

Post by ricekid » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:54 pm

if they do tour, either they better choose a different nyc venue or I better be 16 because if I miss them again.....
Hara hara...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Re: New album

Post by tachikaze » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:08 am

sdankoehler wrote:The Fillmore has got to be the best concert venue ever.
:) Like I said before, dan's icon is basically what us standing in front got to see; if anything, Dan was closer than that ... for me, $25 will-call tickets purchased via Ticket Bastard 2 days before the date, too :)

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Yeah, it's worth it!

Post by sdankoehler » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:52 am

Yup...I was basically close enough to feel the wind behind her singing! :) If they come back, I'll arrive even earlier than last time.