Takahiro...

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
James
DCTJoy 24/7

Takahiro...

Post by James » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:00 pm

I decided to do a google search on him... see if I could find what hes up to now.... was quite shocked to find....

"Takahiro Nishikawa, a former member of the enormously successful group Dreams Come True, was Monday arrested for bashing his sister-in-law following a spat over credits for a CD jacket, police said."

This is old news now - was anyone else aware?

Article is at: http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/archive/ ... 7000c.html

Infact, as i scroll down the page.... theres more articles like this
:cry: :cry:

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: Takahiro...

Post by Jei » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:49 pm

James wrote:This is old news now - was anyone else aware?
We've talked about it before (it gets worse too...@_@)
http://forums.dctjoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=62
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:04 pm

Thanks, Jei.... I thought it may have been mentioned before. I first read about that last weekend, the first i'd heard of it. I thought it may have been mentioned on a few sites... although, not the nicest things to have to mention.

lol - I'm so out of date, but amazed.

Personally, musically I dont realise he's gone. I'd have thought as a keyboardist/pianist he'd have more musical imput than he did have. I'd have thought more than a bass player - which makes me realise how talented Masa is at writing and arranging music with bass being his primary instrument.

Having Ohtani Koh on keyboards aswell as him on the concerts I've seen, makes you think he wasn't good enough. Especially as Ohtani Koh plays all the complicated bits!

I'm sure Takahiro is a great musician, but I think he never showed his potential when he was with DCT, the later years more so.

Just my view anyway...
- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:07 pm

James wrote: Personally, musically I dont realise he's gone. I'd have thought as a keyboardist/pianist he'd have more musical imput than he did have. I'd have thought more than a bass player - which makes me realise how talented Masa is at writing and arranging music with bass being his primary instrument.
The old question/joke: "What does Niha actually do? If he's the keyboardist, why is Koh there?"

If you take at the liner notes as time goes along, Niha's not even listed as playing keyboards anymore...just something referred to as 'manipulation'. Masa creates the music the great majority of the time (sometimes with Miwa) and Miwa writes the lyrics....

You don't realise he's gone, because he was really never there.... :? *cough* (at least musically)

However, he did run one (or more) of their radio shows at times...and I heard he was the 'cute one' back in DCT's earlier days....
-Jay

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:40 pm

Strange.... I'm gonna be a bit picky here, but on the video for "Sayonara o Matteru" I noticed that on the little bridge section before Miwa says "Sax" it appears to me that Niha is playing in the wrong key (or should I say miming in the wrong key).

Off topic, that song is really growing on me.

- James

tomo_shinsetsu
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by tomo_shinsetsu » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:49 am

oh my!!! its been a long time before..... what a sad story.............. and why is he out then?
"im propagating a unicameral form of idisyncrasy occuring malevolently in a meritorious piece of clasterubial brain"

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:33 pm

tomo_shinsetsu wrote:and why is he out then?
Officially, he left the band to pursue his own musical interests (with his DJ brother...)....officially ^^
-Jay

KogeJoe
DCTJoy Salad

Geez...

Post by KogeJoe » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:55 pm

:oops:

From the looks of it, no one likes Takahiro...

Was he really just an extra person there?

Take it I didn't know him personally, but I would just like to say that I was kind of bummed when I heard he was no longer part of the group.

He's like on every jacket up until Monkey Girl... They looked so happy together.

I'm wondering what the actual members feel. If Miwa and Masato miss him, or if they have a "good riddance" attitude like some people in here...

If anything, I hope they at least talk... If not, if what happened to the group is actually a reflection of what happened in their real friendship behind the scenes, well then, that's just too bad indeed...

:-/

Whatever the case, best wishes to Takahiro...

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:07 pm

I dont think anyone has a "good riddance" attitude. But, musically, he seemed to have very little effect on the group. And, as Jei said earlier in the topic... he's not even credited for playing keys on the later albums. It's a shame... I can't really see what he did during the last few years. I'd have liked to have seen him take charge more.

I wish him luck aswell, and I search his name on google from time to time hoping to find something new about him. I need to hear what his true musical style is.

I read an interesting theory on a review of MGO as to what happened to Takahiro... someone was saying how it's the worst DCT album they've ever heard and how it doesn't suit them... and they wondered if Nishikawa had bailed out knowing what "trash" they were releasing! I'll have to see if I can find it.... interesting view... I guess we'll never know the real reason.

I personally liked MGO

- James

KogeJoe
DCTJoy Salad

Post by KogeJoe » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:34 pm

Me too. I LOVED MGO. In contrast to those comments, I think it's actually some of the best I've heard from them. It shows how they evolve with the times.

My favorite songs in that album are...

Snow Dance
Omoide no Kamisama
Suki Suki Suu (L)
Suki Dake Ja Dame Nan Da
Kanon
and
Crystal Vine.

Actually I didn't know that Crystal Vine was used in the Japanese Atlantis until just recently...

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:50 am

James wrote:I read an interesting theory on a review of MGO as to what happened to Takahiro... someone was saying how it's the worst DCT album they've ever heard and how it doesn't suit them... and they wondered if Nishikawa had bailed out knowing what "trash" they were releasing!
Heh...guess they never took into account that Niha left four months after the release of that album...also his little drug run in with the cops later that year...^^
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:52 am

KogeJoe wrote:Actually I didn't know that Crystal Vine was used in the Japanese Atlantis until just recently...
Not only that, but Miwa did the voice for the one of the characters :)
-Jay

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:30 pm

(and married the director of the Crystal Vine PV)

me, I think DCT was fine as a trio, even if what's-his-face really didn't do anything a sequencer couldn't do. It gives the group a better dynamic than being just a duo, even if it is just for show.

Though it is also better to be true to the integrity of the music, so it's a difficult question. Either way is fine, basically. Not my business.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:33 pm

(I don't like MGO all that much but I wouldn't take 5 random singles from 1990-1993 in exchange for SNOWDANCE -- one of their top 5 songs I believe, partially because I had gotten "into" DCT by then, and also the topical nature of being in Japan for the last summer and fall of the 90's, which is part of the song).