New Album, "THE LOVE ROCKS"!!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:44 pm

I got my copy today. ^^ I watched the DVD and really enjoyed it. I liked watching how the music was made in a lot of the songs. Miwa and Masa were pretty funny at times, and they had spoken in English at times during the L.A and New York recording sessions. There was also "making of"s to the Jet and Sunshine PVs. It was great, even if I didn't know what they were saying most of the time..

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:20 pm

I truly enjoyed the DVD too. I loved watching the musical creation process...the pieces-parts coming together. Even the mixing/mastering/etc. I couldn't help but smile when that one producer (Tuton?) said that he had to be very careful when working with their music because it's very complex. ^^

I think I ended up liking some of the songs on the album more strictly from watching them being made...

Other things of note:

* Good to see some of the beauty&harmony crew back in action...(even if Masa had to correct one of the horn players...^^)

* The Full of Harmony brothers have sounded better....^^

* I didn't realise that their manager in the JET video was their manager from the Amoretto movie (worth checking out, BTW).

* Miwa's two dogs (anyone know what's the type?) were adoreable...think she even referred to one of them as her son ^^

* Did anyone notice on the song list that Miwa was marking off on, there were some faded/pixeled out areas next to some of the song titles? Anyone want to wager a guess? (English titles? Masa referred to the 'Uso ni' song as "Millions" when in LA)

* "I'm always right!" ^o^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:49 pm

BTW, the lyrics for the album are now up:
http://www.dctjoy.com/dreamscometrue/ly ... loverocks/

(Thanks Cori!)
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:53 am

Oricon Update
=========

In it's second week, "The Love Rocks" sold 93, 187 copies, placing it #3 for the week (that's only 20,000 away from what the #1 sold). That puts them at 305,319 copies sold so far.

Interestingly enough, the album was actually #1 on the Daily Charts for 4 of the 7 days of that week.

And on the first day of brand new releases for this week (and there's like 10+ from popular groups), DCT comes in at #5, while the new releases from last week drop like flies. I think we've got one with some staying power :)
-Jay

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:57 pm

The DVD also makes watching the videos more enjoyable. As Jei mentions, the manager in 'JET!' is the same actor as in 'amoretto'. It's funny to see him telling Masa how to move while playing bass, having Miwa sing and then telling her to work on it, falling in love with the 'Dotchwardess', and then stopping the performance and saying "something is missing- I know what it is! More SOUL! Understand?"

Watching them film the blue/green screens always blows me away.

The horn section is some of the best session men around- shows what kind of clout DCT must have.

The dogs are Yorkshire terriers- "Puppy Chiba" is now an adult, and Miwa has purchased a female for an "arranged marriage". "Chi-chi" is not interested as of yet...

Neat to see the working titles for the songs- 'Aishu no GI Joe' was 'Bossa Nova' (I figured this out all by myself). Also that they think tapes give a better sound than digital- people who really can tell the difference (like recording engineers) say so.

Very funny at the end to see a ranking of female talent- DCT tops the list- with Miwa ranked high on performance, but only a 4.6 out of 10 for femininity! "Mannish Miwa..."

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:38 am

Still haven't received my copy!!!!! I'm really worried.
:cry:
Very funny at the end to see a ranking of female talent- DCT tops the list- with Miwa ranked high on performance, but only a 4.6 out of 10 for femininity!
Really?? that's funny.
To me, she is the best performer out there. I haven't seen anyone who is nearly as good as her.
BTW, do you guys know if there are any JET midis available somewhere?

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:04 pm

[quote]Very funny at the end to see a ranking of female talent- DCT tops the list- with Miwa ranked high on performance, but only a 4.6 out of 10 for femininity! "Mannish Miwa..."[/quote]

I always thought that Miwa wasn't too feminine compared to the average japanese woman - but still, I think she bets the average western woman by far. :)

I'm a tomboy myself so I'm not saying it is a bad thing. Quite the opposite, really. Miwa is my role model. I want to be a singer too so it figures, right? Ha!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40 pm

Personally, I find her very attractive- especially when she loses the baggy clothes (my wife and I wonder who designs some of those stage outfits- Miwa is too petite for all that coverage)!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:33 pm

My wife feels that Miwa's "boyishness" is part of her appeal.
She also says Miwa is a male-oriented person, which I agree with. I think I'll look at the DVD again to check that rating of female talent chart- I want to see if I can recognize any other names and find out who has the highest 'femininity' rating- at least as far as Japanese audiences are concerned.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:43 am

Oricon Update
=========

In it's third week, "The Love Rocks" sold 57,347 copies, placing it #4 for the week (they were less than a thousand away from what the #3 sold). That puts them at 360,666 copies sold so far.

One again, the album went up in the daily charts after the Wednesday release day blitz...^^
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:33 am

Oricon Update
=========

In it's fourth week, "The Love Rocks" sold 27,553 copies, placing it at #7 for the week. That puts them at 388,219 copies sold so far.

That makes it a full month in the top ten :)
(And after today's dailies, I think it'll easily be five weeks ^^)
-Jay

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:23 am

The List- as much of it as I can read:

ARTIST OVERALL FAME TALENT FEMININITY

DCT 51.8 88.6 67.4 4.6

Nakama Yukie 46.8 90.9 20.2 36.0

Kuroki Hitomi 46.2 94.4 39.1 62.8

Matsushima Nanako 44.5 96.3 21.4 60.7

Kanno Miho 44.1 94.0 28.3 27.4

Takeuchi Yuuko 43.2 90.4 18.7 39.7

Fukatsu Eri 42.8 85.4 32.4 31.8

I'm not sure what the ranking method is, but I assume higher numbers are better- which is why Masa is laughing about the 'femininity' rating. All listed are actresses except DCT and Nakama Yukie, although some the actresses have recording credits. My wife believes that Kuroki Hitomi was the primary hostess on the recent Kohaku. Anybody familiar with these other ladies? (Sorry about the chart- my cut and paste didn't turn out the way I thought it would!)

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:44 am

Oricon Update
=========

In it's fifth week, "The Love Rocks" sold 18,891 copies, placing it at #9 for the week. That puts them at 407,110 copies sold so far.

That makes it five weeks in the top ten ^_^
(after the dailies for this week, looks like the ride is over :( )
-Jay

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:05 pm

The dailes have been updated and now it's back up in the Top 20 at #19.