Movie/Single: "Kimi ni shika kikoenai", theme song

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Movie/Single: "Kimi ni shika kikoenai", theme song

Post by Kohaku » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:26 pm

On June 16th, the movie "Kimi ni shika kikoenai" will have DCT doing the theme song and Masa with supervision of the music!

Edit: He's actually going to be the music director of the film, not "supervision".
Last edited by Kohaku on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:39 pm

This is music to my ears! :lol:

監修 kanshou means in fact supervision, although I have no idea what it implies that was Masa's role on the music production of this movie.

Now it is slowly starting to make sense. Masa was saying on the blog that this song they were working on was for people in long distance relationships or that have experienced this kind of relationship in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with the title, which I will refrain from translating afraid I will just make a fool of myself. "I can't hear without you" just cannot be right! :lol: That shika is making no sense to me at all.

Any words on what the movie is all about?

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:56 pm

I think Kimi ni shika kikoenai was actually a novel and now it is turned into a movie.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:52 am

My wife says 'Only you can hear it' or 'What only you can hear'.

She doesn't recognize the title- probably contemporary. Too bad they don't mention the author!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Actually the composer of the songs is Ohtani Kou! It was said on the blog, although it seems like DCT is recording two songs for the movie (sung ones?)
and still, I have no idea what a musical director does but I'm happy anyway. :)

By the way, his soundtrack for Amoretto was terrific!

I'm getting an idea from the blog that this is a sad movie. Masa was saying DCT's songs are garantee to help you shed tears while watching it. Heh! But that's all he said about it so far, other than mentioning he can't say much about it just yet.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:51 pm

DCT's track(s) will be released on June 16th- I wonder if it will be their next single? That would be a long time to wait...

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:24 am

nogizaka wrote:DCT's track(s) will be released on June 16th- I wonder if it will be their next single? That would be a long time to wait...
I wonder since I just read on the blog that Masa went to New York to mix the new song(s). Now that's fast! :shock:

I still think they are working in a separate release, besides the songs from the movie. Besides those tips, there is that English song they recorded last year. I wonder if it was dropped or something?

... I wish Masa would ease up on the slang! :x It's killing me!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:08 am

They are working on an original song for a new ride at Universal Studios Japan- I wonder if that will be their next release?

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Their new single for the movie has been announced! June 13th release date. It will be a CD and CD+DVD.

"Kimi ni shika kikoenai" is the song title. The other song is called "Sayonara 59ers". Samples of both songs can be heard here. Kimi ni shika kikoenai sounds really nice. Sayonara 59ers was sounding good to me until the music suddenly changed, I wasn't expecting that at all.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:11 pm

*grin* Dig 'em both...also like that abrupt change. Make for some good dancing. :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon May 07, 2007 3:12 am

Jei wrote:*grin* Dig 'em both...also like that abrupt change. Make for some good dancing. :)
Now that I have heard another 4 samples, I'm not sure. What's up with all the echo on Miwa's voice? Am I the only one thinking it is sounding too much like a vocoder effect?!

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue May 15, 2007 7:10 am

The music video is out! :)
http://www.dctgarden.com/dct-tv/dct/20.html

(Looks and sounds great!)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue May 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Jei wrote:The music video is out! :)
http://www.dctgarden.com/dct-tv/dct/20.html

(Looks and sounds great!)
Wow! HELLO! I loved it on the first listen. Is this the new Love Love Love/Yasashii Kisu o Shite ballad? That chorus in the end reminded me of these songs... I absolutely loved it. Gotta listen to it again. :)

By the way, they are releasing a score book with ALL DCT + B&H songs. That's great news but I'm not sure the store linked sells overseas:

http://www.dwl2007.com/masayume/yumekana/doribon/

I want it! I just hope CD Japan or YesAsia will sell it 'cause I'm going to order Osaka Lover & Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai soon.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun May 20, 2007 4:26 am

amazon.co.jp might also sell it.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:15 am

Ouch! I just missed a little detail, its price. Shocked I'll pass it for now and stick to buying both singles and Diamond 15 DVD overseas (limited edition) from eBay for now.

Edit: Ouch again. I'm starting to regret having bout Diamond 15's DVD now because certainly by September I won't be able to afford to buy the blog book. Darn! :x

I just heard Sayonara 59ers on the radio special Masa did on the 1st. Of course, it had to be on the ~25 mins of the recording that had static noise but from what I have heard, it really rocks. Really a great song!

What impressed me the most were two songs Masa sang (that will be on the CD that comes with the blog). They are both folk songs, one of them reminded me of Simon And Garfunkle's The Sounds Of Silence (one of my all time favorite songs).