New single, "Osaka LOVER"!!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

New single, "Osaka LOVER"!!

Post by Kohaku » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:59 pm

The new single is now revealed!! "Osaka LOVER"!!

Release date is March 7th. Tracklist is..

1. Osaka LOVER
2. The First Day Without You -Japanese Version-.

Hmm.. A Japanese version of The First Day Without You, I wonder what that will sound like.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:58 pm

I wanna hear samples!!! ^^

Osaka Lover from what I've read on DCT Garden is about long distance relationships, a painful love song. :) I didn't try to read the Dorisupo just yet.
No limited editions this time but there is the ticket lottery for the Wonderland concerts, picked by the serial number of the singles. Very clever! ^^

"The First Day Without You" in Japanese. That's great! I can't wait to hear it! It is my second favorite original English song, my first is "Chrysalis or Butterfly". I'm sure it will be another great single!

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:33 pm

-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:51 pm

The samples of the new songs are now up at the site. They sound interesting, but I think I like Osaka Lover more than The First Day Without You -Japanese Version- for now.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:24 pm

Dorira was updated with a long sample of Osaka Lover. I really dig its arrangement, it has heavy use of synthesizers just the way I love it. ^^ It's going to be another great single.

An interesting piece of info from Dorira: fans are going to be able to audition for doing back vocals for the Wonderland concerts. It is one of the many dreams fans submitted to the Wonderland site.

FinalBeyond
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by FinalBeyond » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 am

Great to hear that First Day Without You is getting another version. It's one of my favourite DCT songs in English, so it should be great in Japanese too.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:22 pm

So DCT is going to perform in the three most watched TV shows: Music Station, Utaban and Hey Hey Hey before this single comes out. Plus, on the 20th, Osaka Lover was the #1 most requested song on FM802 (an Osaka radio station).

I'm positive this single will get a higher position on Oricon than Moshimo Yuki Nara did. But could it be the #1 we all badly want?

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:38 pm

If Osakans are requesting it, maybe they like it! A good sign.

I won't make any predictions- doesn't seem to help.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:38 am

funny thing is I almost don't see how making singles makes a lot of money for the band.

If the Japan singles charts are to be believed, the average top-100 single sells at most 30,000.

That's Y30,000,000 retail, or ~$200,000. Assuming the label gets half, that's $100,000 gross to the label before expenses. . . $20,000 for a video would be cheap I would think, 100 hrs of studio engineer time @ $100/hr is another $10,000, production, promotion, graft, studio profit would be $50K, leaving at most $20,000 to the band, and that's before musician fees etc.

Guess the album is pure gravy for everyone tho. Guess that's why Masa gets so stressed in the studio . . . the clock is running.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:43 am

tachikaze said:
Guess the album is pure gravy for everyone tho.
If the single gets someone to buy an album... that's what the music biz believes, anyway.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:44 am

-Jay

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:55 pm

Ooooooh! This PV is too cute! ^^ I loved it!!! It made me like the song more, definitely.

Too bad we can see it properly on the PV but Masa plays one heck of an awesome vintage synthesizer!

From what I read on the blog he will be playing a synthesizer on their lives performances! Now, I can't wait to see that! :D

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:54 pm

According to DCT garden, a lucky fan in Osaka or the Kinki area will win the umbrellas used in the video, autographed by Miwa and Masa. Fans may enter by purchasing the single at selected record stores in Osaka, which will place their names in a lottery. In the Kinki area, fans purchasing the single at selected stores will receive one of a limited number of stamp rally cards which requires they visit three locations to be announced to get stamped. Returning the cards places them in the lottery. Everyone who enters will receive t-shirts, tumblers, stickers, and cell phone cleaner(?). The umbrellas are the grand prize. There are also ten pairs of tickets to the Universal Japan Hollywood Dream preopening ride with Miwa and Masa, and 100 'Osaka lover' bags.

Sounds like fun- makes me want to fly to Osaka next week and participate, but I guess I'll have to wait for my mother-in-law to pick up the single and mail it to me (she's very nice about these kind of things, fortunately).

jlick
DCTJoy Member

Post by jlick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:31 am

CD Japan hasn't even shipped my CD yet ('in shipping progress') but I've already heard the single three times today. Hito Radio seems to have put it in heavy rotation here in Taiwan. It's a nice upbeat tune.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:51 am

"Osaka LOVER" has come in at #5 on the oricon dailies ^^
(Pre-release day ranking)
-Jay