Mirai Yosouzu The Movie

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Mirai Yosouzu The Movie

Post by nakoruru » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:31 pm

I just saw the news on DCT Garden! A movie is going to be made from DCT's song Mirai Yosouzu. Just like the song, it is going to be about the love of both protagonists that doesn't change with time or anything else. Sounds nice to me.

For a moment I mistaken it with "Kimi ni shika kikoenai" because Masa is going to be 音楽監修 (musical director) for this movie as well.

... am I the only one thinking that Miwa and Masa should be the protagonists in this movie?! ^^;

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:53 pm

Looks like it's coming out in the fall ^^
(Good timing...especially with the Wonderlands)

Very interesting...two killer songs...should make for an (obvious) killer soundtrack. ;)

Movie Site:
http://www.miraiyosouzu.jp/
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

JOHAN
DCTJoy Salad

Post by JOHAN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Sounds like a pretty interesting movie. Wonder if the Aishiteru No Sign PV is related to the movie? If it is, then it's definitely a movie I'll keep an eye out for.

Kudou
DCTJoy Member

Post by Kudou » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:33 am

I might just go to the movie theater to see it while Im still in Japan. Might as well I suppose. Too bad DCT themselves dont appear in it though, else Im mostly only there to hear DCT in a theater. :p
Ill be sure to let you guys know how it was :)

Kudou
DCTJoy Member

Post by Kudou » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:23 am

Well I saw the movie last night. I`m not good at reviews so this will be short.

Of course being the only foreigner at the movie theater I felt a bit out of place, especially as most everyone else were couples. The only ones not with someone were two older men. Just me and two middle aged business men at a love story movie by ourselves, how pathetic. :p

But anyways, onto the movie itself. In terms of how much DCT music was incorporated into the movie, it`s pretty much just one time for each song. While waiting for the movie to start Aishiteru no Sain loops over and over. In the actual movie you hear Mirai Yosouzu a little in, then Mirai Yosouzu 2 plays at the end credits.

The actual content of the movie itself is based off the lyrics to the Mirai Yosouzu songs alot, from the couple riding on a bike(no bumping helmets 5 times though :p) to there even being a few lines that quote the lyrics. Of course the message in all of these lines brought tears to some of the audience. All in all I think they did a pretty good job of trying to bring the lyrics to life.

In the end it was a pretty enjoyable movie. If you`ve seen Japanese drama or anything similar you`ve seen this story before, so I can`t say it was anything revolutionary, but as a DCT fan it was pretty fun to see on the big screen. If anyone else has the chance I`d recommend they try it out. I envy you if you actually have someone to go with. :oops:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 am

Don't worry, Kudou- they're out there looking for you!

Thanks for the review- my wife and I hope to see the film when we go to Tokyo in December.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:54 pm

I finally received my copy of the DVD and got to watch it. It is a two-disc set and comes packaged with a picture frame which has scenes from the movie and a music box mechanism which plays the chorus from 'Aishiteru no sign' when wound up (which would account for the rather high price, I suppose).

The movie is pretty good- well casted and acted although as Kudou mentioned, the plot is a standard jdorama love story with the special touch of bringing the DCT songs to life. The movie disc also includes the trailers.

The second disc has the 'making of' video, and we learn the secret of filming tapping helmets together on a moving scooter, as well as how hard it is to film braking a car five times in a relatively short distance. Next are interviews with the cast and DCT. No big secrets revealed here except that 'Aishiteru no sign' is not 'Mirai Yosouzu III', but a combination of I and II written especially for the film (at least according to Miwa and Masa). Also, as sweet as Nao Matsushita (Sayaka) appears to be on video, she doesn't seem to be such a nice person in real life (or she was having a VERY bad day when interviewed). Then, we get karaoke versions of MY I and II to sing along with, the 'Aishiteru no sign' PV (which includes two particularly engaging scenes which were not included in the film), and the TVCMs.

Altogether, I'm glad that I got it, but enjoyed 'Kimi ni shika kikoenai' and 'Amoretto' more.