New single "Ai-shi-te-ru no Sain" 10/3 out

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:04 pm

JOHAN wrote:I'm really happy that they got the number one spot. Don't think I can remember any of DCT's singles getting a number one spot this year, although I could be wrong. (Haven't followed the Oricon charts for awhile.)
Their highest selling single was Osaka Lover at 111k. Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai so far sold 72k. Only that Aishiteru no Sign sold 20k yesterday! It is really selling like hot cakes. I reckon people might be buying this single for the --wonderful-- new version of Mirai Yosouzu II. It seems to be their most popular song of all times.

You know, I can't quite understand why Osaka Lover and Aishiteru no Sign were the best selling singles this year. They were my least favorite songs...
they ain't BAD, of course not, but they ain't Moshimo Yuki Nara/Kyou Dake wa kind of good IMHO either.

JOHAN
DCTJoy Salad

Post by JOHAN » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:02 pm

Yeah. The new Mirai Yosouzu II is just breath-taking. I love it a lot. I know a few of my Japanese friends love the song a lot and it ranks high on my list of greatest DCT songs of all time.
You know, I can't quite understand why Osaka Lover and Aishiteru no Sign were the best selling singles this year. They were my least favorite songs...
they ain't BAD, of course not, but they ain't Moshimo Yuki Nara/Kyou Dake wa kind of good IMHO either.
I like Osaka Lover and I adore Aishiteru No Sign. While I love Moshimo Yuki Nara, despite being a wonderful track, it seems more of a seasonal single and maybe it's just me, I'm not so sure about everyone else, but I don't think it would make sense, for instance, to buy that single during the spring or summer seasons since it doesn't incite the feeling (although everytime I hear that song and practically every other winter/Christmas themed song, I always feel like it's already December).

Regardless, I'm happy with their successes so far. I think they're on the right track at the moment with the way the singles have been selling thus far.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:37 pm

nakoruru wrote:Only that Aishiteru no Sign sold 20k yesterday! It is really selling like hot cakes.
It is selling well, but not that much. ^^
You don't multiply those Oricon daily numbers by 10 anymore. They sold 2,103 copies yesterday. Still, it looks like the song has some staying power. There's good chance it'll stay #2 next week (while B'z drops to #3 ^^)
You know, I can't quite understand why Osaka Lover and Aishiteru no Sign were the best selling singles this year.
Marketing wise, 'Aishiteru no Sign' is 'Mirai Yosouzu III', and Mirai Yosouzu II is still one of the most popular karaoke songs of all time. The connection is bound to make even casual fans curious. Plus it's connected to the new movie.

Heard that 'Osaka Lover' was extra popular in the Kansai (Osaka) area too...^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Sometimes I wonder if the new version of 'Ureshii Tanoshii Dai Suki' boosted the sales of 'Yasashii Kisu o Shite' or not. Despite the fact it was one of the best songs they have ever made... I know very well what it's like to be a fan stuck on the nostalgia of old hits. ^^

I absolutely adore DCT's ballads and let's face it, the best ones are usually the seasonal ones. Though 'Pride Nante Shiranai' is also another ballad I'm very fond of. One funny fact is that December is one of the hottest months of the year here in Brazil, usually the temperature is on the low 90s and quite humid. I wouldn't change the tradition of eating ice cream on Christmas day for nothing in this world! ^^

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:03 am

It's success shows just how fickle the pop music buying audience is
Similar to Kome Kome Club's 1990 #1 mega-hit, Roman no Hikou.

This was actually a track on their 1987 album that didn't go anywhere until JAL featured it & KKC in their Okinawa ad campaign for 1990.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:34 pm

They stayed at #2 for the week! :)
31826 (this week) + 81243 (last week) = 113069 copies sold :)
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:53 am

The single dropped only to #5 this week!

18477 (this week) + 31826 (second week) + 81243 (first week) =

131546 total copies sold in three weeks :)

I like it's staying power...the single always heads back up the daily charts after later in the week....
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:27 am

The single is still in the top 10! (#9 for the week)

12589 (this week) + 131546 previously = 144135 (in four weeks)

It's still heading back up the daily charts after later in the week.... :)
-Jay

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:47 am

GO DCT GO! :D

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 am

The single is still in the top 20 :) (#18 for the week)

8792 (this week) + 144135 previously = 152,927 (in five weeks)

It's *still* heading back up the daily charts after later in the week.... :)
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:06 pm

Still in the top 30 ^^ (#29 for the week)

5148 (this week) + 152,927 previously = 158,075 (in six weeks)
-Jay

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:27 pm

DCT got the "chaku uta" award from music.jp for best selling song on MP3 downloading for Ai Shiteru no Sign!!! Yeah! They were #1! ^^ I'm so happy for them!

Masa mentioned on late October they had reached like 100,000 downloads (I don't trust myself when it comes to math: 100万) so really, this is so awesome! On his blog you guys can check a picture of the award and everything. ^^

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:33 am

The 'Ai shi teru no sign' DVD will be released on April 4th. Looking forward to it, as I enjoyed the video more than the single...