Sueda Ken, Miwa's husband has passed away

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Sueda Ken, Miwa's husband has passed away

Post by nakoruru » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:52 pm

On September 26th, Sueda Ken has passed away due to a brain tumor. He was only 33 years old. I will gather more information on this from Masa's latest entry in his blog, I'm just so shocked right now.

He has been ill since early this year, though Miwa believed so much in his recovery she hung in there and did her very best at all Wonderland concerts. It was Sueda's wish that Miwa kept with her normal activities though her family and herself were worried all day and night about his condition.

I will edit later as I translate more.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Truly shocking :(
I'd like to wish Miwa and the her family my sincerest condolences.
Our thoughts, prayers, and positive energies are with you...
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm

According to my mother-in-law, it was a "lung cell tumor" (I assume cancer- she was talking about his smoking).

This was the first I had heard that he had any kind of problem.

Strangely, the article mentioned that they were not officially married (I remember Miwa saying she did not believe in the institution of marriage), and that the funeral was "family only".

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:39 pm

I see tachikaze mentions in 2004 that the marriage was not registered- no wonder she never talked about it!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:31 pm

nogizaka wrote:I see tachikaze mentions in 2004 that the marriage was not registered- no wonder she never talked about it!
Hmmm. I remember some TV interview she just said she had recently got married but that was it. I can't remember which interview though.

吉田美和の最愛のパートナーである末田健監督が、2007年9月26日16時15分、胚細胞腫瘍で亡くなりました。

It is VERY likely I translated it wrong since my according to my dictionary this 胚細胞腫 means germinoma which I had to look up on Google 'cause I never heard of such thing. Besides, Japanese celebrities are known for smoking like crazy.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:52 pm

My wife agrees with you on "germinoma"- she doesn't know what it means! As a doctor, to me this would mean "a tumor of the reproductive cells". I don't know what my mother-in-law was reading (I assume the Sankei Shimbun), but she read it as "lung cell tumor". In the U.S., we don't talk about tumors unless they are malignant (cancerous), so I assume this one was.

In the quote you give, it says "most beloved", but not husband.

Hmmm...

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Did Masa add more to the blog announcement?
(I don't remember it being that long...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:53 am

Oh man...was this why she was crying so much at Wonderland? She showed a true dedication to her profession by continuing to sing, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that none of us would have expected her to perform under these circumstances or would in any way have blamed her if she hadn't!

This gives DWL 2007 a whole new meaning now. She really was singing from the heart!

Your fans are with you Miwa! We love you!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:57 pm

^ I agree SO much with you! I did notice that after every concert on the BBS everyone would say how much she cried on the concert but I had no idea. Oh man... I hope they gonna take a break!

Masa is taking a short break from blogging. So I decided to check the news articles in the mean time.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20071 ... 00100.html

I don't know how much of a tabloid like news is this but it says that Sueda knew Miwa for 13 years and soon after they met they became lovers. Sueda divorced his wife and apparently they had kids back in 2004 and then made his relationship with Miwa official among his family and friends declaring "I want to be together with Miwa forever".

It also says his condition got worse in August and Miwa was always by his side together with his parents. He died 3 days after the DWL final concert. :cry:

It bothered me a lot that wrote "husband" with quotes in this article. Alas, the title of article is something like "A tragic future map plan (mirai yosouzu) ... Yoshida Miwa's Husband Sueda Ken has passed away". :roll: It also quoted parts of Masa's blog entry where he said Sueda and Miwa promised each other she would give her best at the concerts for him.

While I'm here I can't make much sense out of this part here if anyone could please help me out:

ドリカムの20周年に向けて、末田監督にしか撮ることのできない吉田美和の長編ドキュメンタリーを作ろうと、あんなに張り切っていたのに、昨年末から着々と撮り進めていたのに、完成を見ることなく逝ってしまいました。

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm

It makes me wonder if there is an address where fans can send their condolences. Miwa REALLY gave us her all in those concerts. I find it utterly amazing that in the midst of such horrible tragedy she could deliver what I believe to be by far to be the BEST DCT concert ever! She gave so much to the fans at DWL 2007.

She made us all so happy on those nights. I think we all owe her all the love and support we can possibly give! Especially those of us who attended DWL and were so totally unaware of what she was going through.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:27 pm

I found Power Plant's address at the credits of Wonderland 99 Natsu concert, in romaji. I meant to try to send a fan letter but I haven't got around to do it yet. I wonder if letters addressed to there would reach them.

The official message board is a place I would suggest you try to contact them. If you guys feel like I can come up with a condolence message in Japanese for all of us here from DCT Joy. If you prefer write a message there in English, I'm sure she will appreciate to know about loving fans all over the world.

bbs.dctgarden.com

Here is where you can make an account:

https://ssl.dctgarden.com/BBS/get_guestpass.jsp

These are your steps:

mail address
mail address (confirmation)
nickname
gender (female / male)

I never quite understood the last one with options like from bottom to top "rain is awesome" and "stars are pretty". ^^;

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:17 am

nako, using pop-jisho on that complicated headline-style abbreviated grammar I get this...

"Coming up on Dorikamu's 20th anniversary, concerning the intention to create the long-format documentary of Miwa Yoshida that only Sueda-director can film, even though it was stretched to the breaking point that much, [and] even though from the end of last year the filming advanced bit-by-bit, [he] was not able to see the [project to] completion."

~~

the selection on that questionaire is telling people what kind of place you live, in a playful/poetic way . . . "ame-ga sugoi" means "it rains A LOT"

~~

Not that it matters much, but I haven't heard of anyone dying of lung cancer in their 30s; however, I had an uncle die from mestastized testicular cancer in his 30s.

Anyhoo, maybe the couple of years DCT kinda took off earlier this decade was time for Miwa to have a kid. . .

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:53 am

Good call, tachikaze- "germinoma", according to Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, is testicular cancer. Not anywhere nearly as common as lung cancer, but can afflict adult males of any age. When you do hear about someone who has developed it, usually they are younger men.

Some of the media may have been misinformed (as they often are), or simply did not want to mention the "T" word- some media outlets are more discreet than others, even today.

Of course, they could have just said "germinoma".

On the other hand, tachikaze mentioned metastasis, the ability of some cancers to move through the bloodstream from the original site and attack tissues in a different part of the body. Not all cancers are metastatic.

Lung cancer is highly metastatic- often, by the time spots are identified on the lungs, the cancer has already made its' presence known in another body region.

Kudou
DCTJoy Member

Post by Kudou » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:34 am

Wow, I truely had no idea anything like this was going on until just looking here and at Masas blog. I really hope Miwa is doing OK. This depresses me to think that she was going through such misery during all that touring. I really wish her the best and hope that she can again find the same happiness in her life as that which she has given us through her music, even in her time of grief.

TisSweet
DCTJoy Member

Post by TisSweet » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:38 am

just cancel the appearance on music station. masa updated the blog . I was wondering about MS show . I don't blame her for going on.

so sad . :(