New song?

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

New song?

Post by Kohaku » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:40 am

I'm not sure how I didn't notice this before, but it looks like DCT's got a new song coming up and it's for a new Asahi Beer ("Olympic Version"?) CM. The CM can be seen here. I don't think I saw a title of the song at DCTgarden. Hm.. It sounds interesting, different, so far. I wonder when it'll be released.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:23 pm

The site reads 'Ashitae tsuzuku chousen (The challenge that leads to tomorrow),' but doesn't say if that's the title of the song or the CM. I didn't see this announced on DCTgarden like they usually do.

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:05 pm

The song's title has been revealed now. It is called "GODSPEED!"

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:05 pm

At this stage, they are unsure if 'GODSPEED!' will be recorded as a single or for an album, but it will be the theme of the Japanese Olympic Team.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:35 am

The CM will be broadcast starting January 29th. You can hear a soundbite of 'GODSPEED' at:

http://www.dctgarden.com/GODSPEED/

It has a soaring, inspiring sound you might expect of an Olympic theme.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:41 am

My mistake- the CM is already running. The announcement is for the availability of the "chaku uta" (I should have recognized the picture of the cell phone).

Next time, I'll ask my wife to translate first!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:50 pm

nogizaka wrote:It has a soaring, inspiring sound you might expect of an Olympic theme.
You comment reminded me of Zard's Get U're Dream (sic). I loved to hate that song and the single came with 4 different remixes... it was painful to me to listen to it! :P

Since I heard it on the commercial, this arrangement got me the first time I heard it. It is so good I literally can't stop listening to it. It is great! I want a single already!!! I can totally see them getting the crowd to sing the chorus on a concert... :)

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I think that I will need to hear the entire song before I can pass judgement on it...

Did the Zard song have a "soaring, inspiring sound," but you still didn't like it? Based on what you've said, I'm not sure I would even want to try to find and listen to it!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Zard had a problem many pop acts have even in America: not having a set fix set of composers. Zard's record company dumped the guy who came up with Makenaide and all those hits from the 90s. From there it went down hill fast (for me).

GODSPEED! will be available in full on iTunes Store starting in February 17th.
It might as well be their first digital single because I didn't hear a word about a single release. I would like to buy it since I liked this song so much but I have no idea how to do it.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

If they are really releasing this as a digital single only, then it's possible they could release it on iTunes America (they have 'Eternity' there, so a DCT category exists already). A non-English language single might be an impediment, although this is one route into the U.S. market DCT hasn't tried, and being an Olympic theme might give it some recognition value. It would be ironic if DCT would break in America this way (I'm just imagining out loud here).

Otherwise, we may have to wait for it on jps!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 pm

The iTunes page that opens on the 'GODSPEED!' site at DCTGarden is in English, and shows prices for purchasing songs from 'Sing Or Die' in dollars, so it looks like the single can be purchased there on the 17th. I guess we'll know for sure in a few days. Still nothing about a CD release, though...

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 am

Godspeed! is the #1 single on iTunes Japan right now :)
(Wish there was an easy way to buy off of iTunes Japan...aside from getting a iTunes Japan gift card...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:13 am

'GODSPEED!' is now available for download on jps!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I suppose it must be the first time DCT has used a vocoder on one of their songs? On my first hearing I got a bit shocked to actually hear Miwa's voice thru a vocoder, it is just a waste for someone who sings like she does. But this is one FINE dance pop song!

It is such a shame it wasn't released as a single. I think they could get a #1 on Oricon with this song. It is just too good. Even my friend who likes DCT but didn't really become a fan (yet!) liked it! ^^

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 pm

I couldn't believe how full and deep John Wetton's voice sounded after listening for years to his filtered vocals on King Crimson albums- I suppose they want to get a certain sound, that "sweet pop techno." I think you'll find some vocoder (or maybe just filtering) on 'The Monster' and 'MGO.'

The music and vocoder on 'GODSPEED!' remind me of the Ricochet block-breaking games; I wonder if Miwa plays them?