New Album - 'Love Central'

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

New Album - 'Love Central'

Post by nogizaka » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:33 pm

DCT will release a new album on November 30th, entitled 'Love Central'. The new album's songs will be performed at Winter Fantasia 2010.

More information to come...

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:58 pm

The Love Central site is up now. The Limited Edition contents were mentioned. (also, it looks like Sono Saki e, GODSPEED, Nee, Ikite yuku no desu, and LIES LIES will be on it. I'm happy GODSPEED is on it, I didn't like that it was only available on iTunes Japan.)

3D Changing Package
トールサイズ・デジパック (something-size digipack. don't know that first word)
LOVE CENTRAL PHOTO BOOK
Poster size folding jacket
歌詩 booklet

While the Regular Edition just has the poster and booklet.

I find the contents for the Limited Edition interesting, I think I might actually want it. Different than the usual CD+DVD thing.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 pm

"Tall-size"

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:42 am

Tall-size digipack. Wow, I wonder what the packaging is going to be like for this CD, including the covers. I'm hoping the cover that gets on the poster is nice.

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:00 am

Alrighty, the Love Central site has updated with covers and the tracklist. (there's also a link which brings up notes about each song)

1. LOVE CENTRAL
2. Sono Saki e
3. LIES, LIES -ALBUM VERSION-
4. ANOTHER JUNK IN MY TRUNK
5. POISON CENTRAL
6. FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
7. Nee
8. Setsunaku nai?
9. Ikite yuku no desu
10. GODSPEED!
11. Kaze kitte ikou!
12. MY DARLIN' DOGGYS
13. THE ONE

I just have to go "Aww~" at the title of track 12. Hehe,

The Limited Edition looks big~ I'm surprised. Both covers look alright, a bit too jam packed with things on it. :? (the Limited Edition cover, anyway) Miwa's hair there reminds me of the Love Unlimited cover. Hmm.

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:24 pm

I heard the album today, I like the new songs. (especially the music in POISON CENTRAL. Really good!) One bit of English in ANOTHER JUNK IN MY TRUNK surprised me. (quite a few English lines surprised me in POISON CENTRAL). But I wanted to say something about MY DARLIN' DOGGYS.

I'm having a hard time listening to it. It's not bad, not at all. I like it, it's really sweet. I can tell Miwa put a lot of love into that song, showing how much she cares for Chi-chi and Bongo (with her singing). The music is great with it too.

It's just.. It gets tears in my eyes when I listen to it. (I think because it makes me think about needing to treat my two dogs better. I just yell at them a lot for barking too much and stuff like that. I'm not the one that takes care of them, basically.) I can get really emotional when it comes to some things, especially with animals. I don't know why. I need to learn how to control my emotions better, I know.. I mean, the first time I heard the song, I was just fine. Second time however, nope.

I'm sorry if this (how I feel about the song) doesn't make much sense. I just wanted to let this out.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 am

Album debuts on the Oricon dailies at #1 :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 pm

At #2 on the dailies now (Mr Children released their album at the same time ^^)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

tokyophoto
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by tokyophoto » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 pm

I just received my copy of LOVE CENTRAL today.
I posted some photos on Flickr so you can check it out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crookback/ ... 398096235/

When I read on CDJapan that the package was "a 3D changing package", at first I thought it was going to be something similar to the Special Edition of the 20th Anniversary tour DVD, but it's a totally different style.

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 1 by crookback, on Flickr

When you tilt the package, you get a close-up shot of Miwa & Masa!
Funny side-effect: if you leave this on the table, the image will change suddenly in your point of view when you walk by! It's nice to get a surprise smile from DCT!

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 2 by crookback, on Flickr

The digi-pack is quite thick, and the CD package slides out of the outer case.

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 3 by crookback, on Flickr

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 4 by crookback, on Flickr

The inside pocket holds a lot of extras: Folding poster, lyrics booklet, Wonderland 2010 info sheet, and photo booklet.

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 5 by crookback, on Flickr

The photo booklet and collage-style poster show off Miwa & Masa's love for their studio friends in America. (This will be familiar ground for fans who have seen the "Making of" DVD of The Love Rocks.)

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 6 by crookback, on Flickr

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 7 by crookback, on Flickr

DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE CENTRAL - 8 by crookback, on Flickr

It's so evident that DCT puts a lot of thought & care into their special editions -- I'm really happy I ordered this version. For just 400 yen more than the regular CD, I think it's no contest.

Overall, I am enjoying the album a lot. It feels more playful and experimental than Do You Dreams Come True? (which is still one of my favorite CDs to listen to from beginning to end).

But these are musicians who LOVE working with other musicians, so experimentation isn't suprising. The collage-style of the album artwork seems to be perfectly suited to the musical tone of the album. Some of my friends feel that "My Darlin Doggys" is too silly, but I think silliness has always balanced DCT's emotional songs. (And of course I use "Anata ni Salada" as an example-!)

"Nee" and "Sono Saki e" are my favorite tracks on this release, with "GODSPEED" and "THE ONE" right behind them. "Ikite yuku no desu" sounds SO COMPLETELY like a (really good) commercial song, that I can't seem to enjoy it just as a CD song. I also like the callback samples to DYDCT in the opening track.

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:24 am

Gah! My roomie said he'd get this for me for Yule, even if it takes him a while (due to shortage of funds). I want to wait, but I can torrent it now... but I want to wait for it... but I wanna hear it... ;o;

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:19 am

just torrent it. I don't think they're doing it for the money at this point.

And if they are, then they should stop IMO.

tokyophoto
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by tokyophoto » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:34 am

tachikaze wrote:just torrent it. I don't think they're doing it for the money at this point.
But they DO need the money for the staff that they rely on for their live shows, fan club, label support, etc.
I really believe that if you have the money, or can save up for it, supporting the artist by purchasing their product is essential.