Wonderland 2003!!!!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Wonderland 2003!!!!

Post by Jei » Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:42 pm

The info for the Wonderland 2003 concerts has begun to come in:
http://www.dctgarden.com/dorispo/1225/index.html
(More of a translation would be appreciated ^_^)

It does list 7 areas of Japan that'll have concerts:

July 2003
-----------
Kinki Area
Kyuushuu Area

August 2003
---------------
Hokkaidou Area
Touhoku Area
Kantou Area
Toukai Area
Chuugoku/Shikoku Area

Japan Map: http://www.jinjapan.org/kidsweb/japan/map/j_regi.html

Just the beginning of a flood of info, methinks...:)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Cool

Post by sdankoehler » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:52 am

I sure hope they do videos for the new wonderland too. Speaking of their concerts, and not to sound impatient, they did say they'd be back "soon" in San Francisco. I hope they weren't just trying to make us stop screaming. :wink: I doubt there's any news on future American plans yet. I just hope it doesn't take them another 4 years. Anyone ever hear what happened to their original plans for "The Monster?" I don't recall the universal version ever being released here the way Sing or Die was. I'd be curious to see if they did some kind of album around "It's All About Love" too. Well, on I go talking until my mouth falls off...so I'll stop here.

Dan

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Wonderland Shows

Post by zberry » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:00 pm

Can anyone provide any background on the Wonderland Shows? Are they only once every four years? This time, there seem to be several Wonderland shows scheduled. In '99, where there just two?
Are these shows a "thank you" to the fans? If so, what a great idea!
After seeing DCT at the Fillmore, I bought the Wonderland '99 Fuyu no Yume DVD and was absolutely blown away. Confirmed everything I suspected. This is a band that really tries hard to put on the best show possible. If it's possible to give more than 100%, they give it. Only comparison that I can make in terms of show length, intensity, audience participation, quality of material and total band effort is Springsteen and the E Street Band. Someday I promise to post my dissertation on the similarities between these two amazing performers :D .
BTW, the Wonderland '99 Natsu no Yume DVD is on the way, and I look forward to buying the 2003 versions, too (I hope)

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: Cool

Post by Jei » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:53 am

sdankoehler wrote:I sure hope they do videos for the new wonderland too.
There hasn't been a Wonderland year without at least one, so consider it a given :)
Anyone ever hear what happened to their original plans for "The Monster?" I don't recall the universal version ever being released here the way Sing or Die was.
Well, they're no longer with Virgin, so there's pretty much a zero chance of the universal version being released in the states. :?
I'd be curious to see if they did some kind of album around "It's All About Love" too.
I'm sure it'll be on their next album. ^^
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: Wonderland Shows

Post by Jei » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:29 am

zberry wrote:Can anyone provide any background on the Wonderland Shows? Are they only once every four years? This time, there seem to be several Wonderland shows scheduled. In '99, where there just two?
They are once every four years: 91, 95, 99, 03

* Wonderland 91 was a six concert tour between their tours to promote 'Wonder 3' and 'Million Kisses'

* Wonderland 95 was a 10 concert tour on a MASSIVE scale...and set the 'Wonderland' standard..but more on that below

* Wonderland 99 was a three part concert tour:
- Spring (4 concerts - warm-upish small venues)
- Summer (31 concerts - larger venues - Just the 3 members)
- Winter (10 concerts - the largest venues - Full cast - massive stages - Wonderland 95ish)

Wonderland 95 was during the height of their popularity. They actually found pieces of land and built massive stage/audience set ups the likes of which I've never seen. (Picture the Winter 99 set...and multiply it by 5 @_@) It was a majestic event in every sense of the word. The entire cast showed up in special DCT royal garb and rode in stage on top of special giant make-shift platforms. (The DCT 3 rode in on the royal steeds ^^) They even had special 18 wheeler DCT Wonderland trucks drive into the concert. (Yes, there was a 'circular' track large enough inside of the concert area in order for them to make a circuit). And with the way the stage was designed, with arms brancing out towards all parts of the audience, everyone had a good seat. :)

I have to post some screen caps of it sometime....
To put it in perspective...the distance shots in '95 (the ones showing all/most of the concert area) had to be taken by helicopter. @_@.
I *highly* recommend you get the Wonderland 95 DVD so you can see what I mean...I still to this day haven't see anything like it. I can hear their majestic opening theme music now....
Oh wait...that's coming from the DVD :)

-Jei
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:06 pm

-Jay

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by zberry » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:51 pm

Jei, Thanks for the history of Wonderland, especially the info on the '95 venue, and for the photos. I was scratching my head trying to figure out where in Japan that could have been. What impresses me most is how they seem to design the concerts so that fans get a good view of their heroes. What a great tradition they've got going. Hope it continues far into the future.