DCTstore.net

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
James
DCTJoy 24/7

DCTstore.net

Post by James » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:20 am

Hi:

Has anyone had any luck ordering from DCTstore.net?

I decided to get a few DCT Singles and picked up "It's all about love" from CD Japan and now I really want the Snow Dance single because of the acoustic and acapella versions.... can only find it on DCT store which is all in Japanese :?

Has anyone had any luck ordering there, they happy to ship outside Japan?

Thanks
James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:41 pm

Hi James,

I don't know for sure, but when I tried to register on the site, I was only given a list of Japan's prefectures to choose from...not that surprising that they'd only ship in Japan....
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:21 pm

You can order from amazon.co.jp

Hit the "Display In English" button if the Japanese is confusing (it's probably not if you have used the english site enough).

Slow shipping is 3-4 weeks @ Y900.
Fast shipping is 1-2 days @ Y2900.

I just ordered B&H2 for Y3800 incl. shipping.
The credit card people boof you over the yen conversion, though (I'll probably get hit for $36 or more from VISA).

We'll see if the amazon.co.jp order goes thru (it should, when I was living in Japan I ordered enough crap from Amazon.com...).

The last time I tried tower.co.jp, they didn't ship overseas.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:16 pm

Thanks guys,

I tried Amazon.co.jp and as soon as I searched 'Dreams Come True' everything went back to Japanese again!

Another problem... I dont actually have a credit card, so everything I order has to go through a friend of mine who does it for me. I'm concerned about this huge fee that will be charged for the conversion! May just have to stick to CD Japan and my source in Taiwan!

James

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:31 am

The conversion isn't that large, if the Yen rate is 110, they'll make the conversion from yen to $ at Y100 or so (10%).

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Just a little warning

Post by sdankoehler » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:46 pm

Some credit card companies charge a fee for foreign currency conversion. Mastercard adds a 1% surcharge to all foreign transactions...and if you have citibank, they add 2% more...It may not sound like much, but if what you are getting is expensive, it can cause some sticker shock. I ended up paying almost $50 for the Wonderland '99 summer DVD when it said the conversion would only be about $37.50, but believe me it was worth it when I finally got it 2 weeks later.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:18 pm

Thanks guys. As I'm a student, I decided to play it safe and order from my trusted Taiwan company, who are in most cases cheaper than CD Japan, but lack the vast selection.

Snow dance wasn't listed on site but he was able to get hold of it.

James