DVD re-issues

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

DVD re-issues

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:25 am

Hello all,

So I was lucky enough to be able to flash my DVD-ROM to become region free. It was limited to 4 times changing the region, having only 1 time left I was freaking out. I worked it out but now I have a dilemma...

I have dough for ONE dvd but I don't know which I should start on. I was going to buy Wonderland '99 Winter because it has Sweet Sweet Sweet live, it would be worth this song alone but will the Wonderland '91 and '95 get out of print anytime soon?!?!?

What I have seem so far is Wonderland '03 (I'll buy it later to complete my DCT collection) and Kessen wa Kinyoubi from Wonderland '95. I was amazed by this video, the outfits and coreography it's quite different from the '03 concert. But they played almost all my favorites on the latest concert so it might end up being my favorite after all. :D

Well, I'm open to suggestions. Where should I start then?

Thanks in advance,
Priscila.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:34 am

Wonderland 99 Winter is their best concert DVD, bar none....
In terms of production quality, musician selection, vocal strength, etc...none of the others can compare. 99 Winter is DVD that I've heard non DCT fans say "That was a pretty damn good concert" :)

Wonderland 95 is DCT at their height..so majestic...such a giantic crowd...broke the mold...great selection of their pre 95 songs...unbelievable energy :)
Still got the pics of them:
http://forums.dctjoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=94
http://forums.dctjoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=95

Wonderland 91...well...should be the last one you buy :)
Great songs from pre 91, but it was their first time in a really big venue (and it shows) and it's quite campy (Miwa's costume selection is...interesting *cough*)...The comedic interludes are VERY FUNNY...obviously worth the purchase, but it terms of WOW...go for 95 or 99...

Suggestion: Get 95...only because it probably will be harder to get in the long run if you wait...but get 99 Winter right afterwards ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:43 am

Thank you Jei for your suggestions. I'm glad I decided to ask for help, I was a little lost trying to figure out by myself.

A friend of mine has a VHS copy of Wonderland 95 he bought on the japanese neighborhood. I'm going to the store as soon as possible to see what they still have left. I'm hoping to grab a VHS copy of Wonderland 95 but I'll definately buy Wonderland '99 Winter in DVD as soon as the re-release gets out. ^^

Thanks again for the help!

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Which DVD to buy

Post by zberry » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:30 am

I will second jei's opinion. Winter '99 is the best overall, but if you are planning to buy several DVDs over time, you might want to get '95 first. But that's a tough call. I'm sure if you watch winter '99, it will immediately convince you that DCT is one of the best live acts of all time. You will then feel compelled to buy ALL the other DVDs right away. My second choice for best ever is 2003. It doesn't have the production numbers that 1999 Winter does, but the music is awesome. Miwa's confidence and skill on stage has just continued to grow each year.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:24 pm

> I will second jei's opinion. Winter '99 is the best overall, but if you are
> planning to buy several DVDs over time, you might want to get '95 first.
> But that's a tough call.

I didn't have time yet to go to the japanese neighborhood yet but hopefully I'll go next week. I'm really hoping there will be a VHS version of Wonderland '95 waiting for me. :lol:

> I'm sure if you watch winter '99, it will immediately convince you that
> DCT is one of the best live acts of all time. You will then feel compelled
> to buy ALL the other DVDs right away.

It happened to me at the moment I saw Wonderland 2003, to me that was the best concert I have ever seem - I'm a music freak, I saw lots of concerts but nothing NEAR DCT's Wonderland. But everyone says Winter '99 is even better than the '03 concert, I'm SO curious to watch it.

> My second choice for best ever is 2003. It doesn't have the production
> numbers that 1999 Winter does, but the music is awesome. Miwa's
> confidence and skill on stage has just continued to grow each year.

I wish I could express my feelings for music into words, but I can't. Wonderland 2003 was just too much, it was amazing to see Miwa. She was full of confidence singing to THAT much people. They played so many of my all time favorites on 2003 I wonder if I'll like another Wonderland concert as much as this one.

I just saw Mirai Yosouzu II from Wonderland 99 summer. Wow, a whole new side from DCT. The performance of this song was amazing - it's a great tune but live was just AMAZING. I have got to see this one too.
Much more cozy than the other Wonderland concerts but still a trully amazing concert.