DCT Band Score

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 pm

whee, it came today! This was the 'slow' mail, so I guess paying the ¥¥¥ for airmail from amazon.co.jp isn't worth it.

The Piano Solo score book has a CD with the arranger attempting to play his work. He's no Koh, but oh well. This is my first piano score so I don't know the 'score', so to speak, as to how well these things are supposed to match up to the CD master.

My Evil Plan is to transcribe this score into guitar tab eventually, and it's better than nothing. I might also look at online MIDI transcriptions, these might help too.

The Guitar songbook has the following songs:

APPROACH
Anata-ni aitakute
ureshii . . .
hazukashi asa-kaeri
LAT 43"
Yousouzo 1 & 2
sayonara-wo matteru
Ring! Ring! Ring!
Egao-no-yukikata
Wasurenaide
Eyes to me
Kessen. . .
Haretara. . .
go for it!
a little waltz
suki
sankyu
ROMANCE
LLL
ahaha
PEACE!
soudayo
nante koishitandarou
go on, baby!
asa-ga mata kuru
24/7
SNOW DANCE
Suki-dake. . .
Itsu-no-mani

Missing from the guitar book but present in the the piano score is:
meganekoshi sora
winter song
7-7
mascara matsuge
hajimari no la
yasashii kisu

The latter one has the same notes but I'm surprised how dead the playing is compared to the DCT kohaku performance. I guess singing is easier than playing keyboard. . .

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:50 pm

Aw! I have seen just a piano book for just about every DCT album ever made on Yahoo Japan. I have been overbid every single time I tried to buy one. :x I could use some chords to play along with the melodies...
nogizaka wrote:I just ordered an acoustic/electric bass guitar- I'm feeling it too!
I have been kicking myself lately 'cause I didn't pick up my brother's electric bass to learn to play it. I mean I played around with it but I haven't tried seriously to learn it yet. It's by far my favorite string instrument, it just sounds so good!
tachikaze wrote:The latter one has the same notes but I'm surprised how dead the playing is compared to the DCT kohaku performance. I guess singing is easier than playing keyboard. . .
Definitely singing is MUCH easier than playing the keyboard. After an year practicing now I can play Shigatsu no Ame melody properly along with the MIDI. Properly, but not really good. But I can sing most of their songs and sound much better.