Sonic the Hedgehog

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:29 pm

Hey, I'd like to show a tribute to Masa, but where can I post it?
You could just upload it to some free hosting space like geocities.com... how big is it? If its not too big, email it me and I'll upload it for you. I ask how big, because I'm still on rotten 56k!!
I was able to do the code to get the sound test. It plays some songs missing some instruments and some with different samples so I believe it might be a real beta.
I noticed that on my emulator, and it's the one thing that makes me wonder if its genuine. I noticed a completly odd section coming in (just computer bleep noises) on the second time round the green hill music plays. Spring Yard's (Or "Sparking Zone") melody vanishes when it starts to repeat aswell. Are these the same sounds your getting?

- James

KogeJoe
DCTJoy Salad

Post by KogeJoe » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:16 am

Just on the side here, I have the Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube, and I'm happy to say that the games are almost verbatim! All the codes work, just like on the Sega!!! ^v><AB (start)! woo hoo!!!

Anyway, back to the tribute I want to do... Well, it's a MIDI, and it's 47.9 KB big. (I made the MIDI myself! :P ) What? 56k? You've got to be kidding me! You're part of dctjoy.com and you made that site about King Masa right?

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:05 am

KogeJoe wrote: Anyway, back to the tribute I want to do... Well, it's a MIDI, and it's 47.9 KB big. (I made the MIDI myself! :P )
Oh a Midi, no problem, just email it to me and I'll upload it and link to it on here. and I did that MP3 myself aswell :P
KogeJoe wrote:What? 56k? You've got to be kidding me! You're part of dctjoy.com and you made that site about King Masa right?
lol :lol: Yup, I made kingmasa.com - although, apart from being on the forums, I didn't do anything on dctjoy.com.
Last edited by James on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:33 pm

Here's KogeJoe's tribute....
http://www.kingmasa.com/scrapbrain.mid

- James

KogeJoe
DCTJoy Salad

Post by KogeJoe » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:36 pm

Thanks James!

Enjoy everyone!

Jinn
DCTJoy Member

Post by Jinn » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:31 am

I also love Sonic and Sonic 2 music. Never noticed the chord thing with Marry Me? and Green Hill Zone before, though...

Sonic 3 has some great tunes, but their style is just so different...

Sonic Pinball for GBA also has some songs from the original Sonic games (boss theme from Sonic 1 is the only I remember now), but Masa wasn't in the credits...

DCT no.1 fan
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by DCT no.1 fan » Wed May 16, 2007 9:44 am

I love the Sonic games and Masato's music was fantastic.
Dreams Come True are so cool.

FinalBeyond
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by FinalBeyond » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:12 pm

I think it was Masa's amazing use of music that made the game so vibrant, and so amazing to play even 16 years later. I don't believe Green Hill Zone would be Green Hill Zone without the fantastic music that it got.

A while ago, me and a friend were discussing this subject, and we theorised how awesome it would be to have Miwa singing a theme for Amy, while Jun Senoue and the other artists did Sonic/Shadow's stuff, and Masa doing the level music.

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Honestly, the music for the first two Sonic games is rather iconic and even though I'm a fan of ALL of the Sonic music (I have a massive collection on my computer), I do think that the music for the first two set the standard for the series.

Now, Drossin's music from 3 and S&K is simply fantastic and a favorite of mine as far as the series goes and I do particularily like some of Sunoue and Crush 40's work on the recent stuff, it would be wonderful if all these great artists could get together and produce some amazing music.

The recent Sonic games have been... iffy, though I have to say that Sonic '06's music (along with the DCT remixes and the score itself) was amazing (even if the game wasn't). Also, Hideki Naganuma's (the guy from Jet Set Radio, if you aren't familiar) work on Rush was supurb, so an all star cast would be wonderful.

Perhaps DCT and the current Sonic composers (Crush 40 and Naganuma) could get together for a live thing one day? That would be fantastic, I think.