If DCT tried to go international...

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
dugthebug
DCTJoy Salad

If DCT tried to go international...

Post by dugthebug » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:03 pm

If DCT tried to push themselves internationaly in the US or Europe what do you think their success would be. I know they've been to the US and released "Sing Or Die" which I also hear was scheduled for UK release. I think they would have more success trying in Europe or UK.

What do you think ?

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:39 pm

I've always thought they'd have a better chance in Europe...seem to be a bit more accepting of things different (musically at least) than the US. They always wanted to do Europe...if Sing or Die has done well in the states, they would gotten that chance...

As for the US, better to wait and see how Utada does. If she does well, they'll be looking to Japan for more talent....
(BTW, Utada has a single at #9 on the Billboard Dance Chart right now...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:29 pm

I dont quite understand why the release of Sing or Die in Europe hinged on the success of it in the USA. I know the music is the same... but still... why not give it a try!? I'm amazed they havn't attempted Europe still.... I wish they bloody would!

- James

KogeJoe
DCTJoy Salad

Personally...

Post by KogeJoe » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:39 pm

I don't know why they even started with the US.

Realistically speaking, the US is very conformist. Despite all the individuality talk, no one would be caught dead listening to something different. Everyone is listening to what is "cool" with the crouds, leaving no chance for artists of a different genre.

My 2 cents are that the US is the worst place to start internationally. I think Utada might make it, but only because she mimics the pop style of the states so closely.

I could be talking out my a$$, but didn't Sing or Die NOT do as well as expected in the US?

I was born and raised in the US, but I would agree that DCT should have gone UK to begin with. Personally I don't see what's all the hullaballoo. The US is one of the most conformist monuments of consumerism... it's so frustrating.

ZombiePosessor
DCTJoy Salad

Post by ZombiePosessor » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:48 pm

Thats why I dont like living in the US, because everything's so damned conformist. But I go around blasting DCT out of my car everywhere I go. So good...

dugthebug
DCTJoy Salad

Post by dugthebug » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:17 pm

i think they would have done something in europe, especially as this year we had two foreign language tracks enter the UK top 5. So the market isn't closed.

I agree Kogejoe, why bother with the US as conditional to enter Europe, the US market does not reflect the europe charts at all !

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 pm

More than likely it was the choice of Virgin and not that of DCT's.