Concerts

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Concerts

Post by nakoruru » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:23 am

So many of us, stuck in far away countries around the world didn't have the chance (yet!) to see a DCT concert. What concerts did you attend so far?

My reply is going to be kinda *long* :lol: so I'll write about it tomorrow morning. It's late, I just watched WL 95 for the first time - Santa dropped this early birthday/xmas gift for me. :D

Later!
Priscila.
Last edited by nakoruru on Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:06 am

Well, I got to see Masami Okui and Masaaki Endo performing in an anime convention in July 2004. I paid roughly USD$ 4 for each ticket and I need to say I got my money's worth: the sound was so distorced I couldn't recognize most songs and I was right behind the PA, many meters away from the stage. The songs were played from MDs - there were no musicians on stage - but I think they were really singing. It was clear that Endo was, at least.
Best part of the concert was Endo singing "Pegagus Fantasy" which got the whole crowd and me included singing along in japanese. A beautiful thing! :)

Last year also, I got to see my all time favorite band live: Kraftwerk. (DCT is the only band I dare to compare to them!) This is the german techno band that started to use synthetizers in the early 70s... and influenced everyone ever since. The guys are in their 60s now and I must say, they still ROCK. 2 hours of a breath taking performance, it was the kind of live performance that leave you wanting to see other bands do it like them.

Talented musicians just get better with age. I'm sure that Miwa & Masa are going to entertain us for many many years to come, hopelly come someday to Brazil. WL 95 blew me away on the DVD - I can imagine being there! :shock:

Cheers!
Priscila.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:08 pm

I actually saw the fireworks from the '95 concert from my window. I wasn't into DCT then and didn't know they were playing, but remember the fireworks since fireworks in July in the Odaiba area were sorta odd for Tokyo at the time.

One of my favorite Japanese TV shows, Countdown TV, was using ~10sec clips from WL95 for the videos of their songs when the hit the charts in 1995, and I was vaguely impressed with the energy of the group but didn't get enough to get into the group really.

I bought the concert VHS tape on a lark ca. 1998 and was blown away and *so* mad at myself that I had missed the concert in 1995.

Going to their 2002 concert in SF made up for that, and then some :)

I haven't seen the post-2000 concert videos, but I think they'll have a hard time topping '95.