Singles

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Singles

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:15 pm

I just returned from a trip to the japanese neighborhood and I'm the proud owner of a copy of Asa ga Mata Kuru single. :D I bought it at the rental shop, used for USD $7. The CD itself is brand new but the cover is a little wasted.

Finally I had a seizure when I found Kessen wa Kinyoubi's single. It was being sold as new but I find it hard to believe... I rather think it was a MINT CONDITION used single - it was minty alright - but its price was USD $20. :(
Is it expensive? It is worth it?

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:47 pm

I think you should keep on looking around- would you believe I got used (but undamaged) copies of 'Delicious' and the 'Seventh of July Sunny Day' soundtrack (with slipcover) at Newport News, VA's Japanese community booksale for $.50 U.S. each? Keep looking!

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:00 pm

Jei looks at his 'Kessen wa Kinyoubi' single...
Hmm...yeah, it's worth it ;)

Seriously, it depends upon how much you want it...singles like that (pre-1995) are getting harder and harder to find, even in Japan.
(I'm still looking for their 1st & 3rd singles...)

Still, the songs on the single aren't any different than what you'll get on 'Swinging Star', IIRC. (No album versions). Still, it is part of DCT history ^^

DCT albums are one thing...DCT singles...that's another story ^^
Might want to snap it up ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:05 am

If you absolutely, positively have to have it... I'm leaving for Japan on the 30th. I believe I have held every one of the singles in my hands at some point in the last couple of years- all for 100-500 Yen (some of them new, or at least shrinkwrapped). My usual criteria are tracks that are not on albums, or singles with quicktimes, but at those prices, it wouldn't kill me to pick some up.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 am

nogizaka wrote:If you absolutely, positively have to have it... I'm leaving for Japan on the 30th. I believe I have held every one of the singles in my hands at some point in the last couple of years- all for 100-500 Yen (some of them new, or at least shrinkwrapped). My usual criteria are tracks that are not on albums, or singles with quicktimes, but at those prices, it wouldn't kill me to pick some up.
Thank you, Nogizaka. That's very kind of you and I will appreciate if you can do it for me.

Yep, I absolutely have to have it. I made unholly sounds on the store as I held that single... :oops: But now I'm glad I was able to control myself and buy only the cheaper single I've found. I don't know, I think Jei is right. A single is part of DCT's history.