The Power of Miwa & Masa's Smiles :)

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

The Power of Miwa & Masa's Smiles :)

Post by Jei » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:25 pm

Hey folks,

Here's a great blog post about Dreams Come True and the power of a smile.
http://presentationzen.blogs.com/presen ... of_th.html
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:44 pm

Awesome review! Wow, I can only imagine what it would be like to see DCT live and from what I've seen in their DVDs... it would blow my mind away! From personal experience I know recordings capture just a bit of the magic and there is plenty of it on their concerts.

What is most amazing to me is how Miwa is a great entertainer. She sings like no one else business, but she also dances a lot and does lots of entartaining stunts. Rare qualities for a singer these days. Masa is great too, he is super funny - like when asked the crowd to call once they got home on the WL 2003 concert. :) Heh. How about the singing contest on Diamond 15? :lol:

Finally... what I admire the most in our favorite duo is how they can make simple, heart warming music in this world. While most songs these days are about drugs or degrating women... they make positive music. And their music get people from all over the world together here to celebrate their work. How great is that? :)

Now if only they'd tour Europe, US and... BRAZIL! Then... oh well...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:19 pm

maybe it was the shock of seeing them live at the Fillmore, but I was equally moved when (earlier) watching their SoD concert video, at least the last 20 minutes or so.

It helped that it was on my housemate's big-ass projection TV I guess. I was standing not 10 feet from Miwa the whole Fillmore concert, but there's something to be said for the drama of editing and the general stagecrafting of film.

But having Mas give you a high-5 at the start of the concert ... that you can't get on DVD :)