DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

Post by Kohaku » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:24 pm

DCT blog

DCT has a blog up over at Yorimo for this month. Masa and Miwa have their own category in which they put up an entry about.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:06 pm

Very nice! I will sit down patiently and see if I can understand anything - if so I might make a rough translation. If not... ganbarimasu! I gotta learn japanese alreaaaaaaaady! :? I mean, it will help me learn. Hopefully. :?

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:22 pm

nako -- popjisho is an awesome tool that can really help:

http://www.popjisyo.com

and paste in the url you are studying.

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi- ... dic.cgi?9T

is another J -> online resource.

http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/index.html? ... kwassist=0

is a good J -> E dictionary.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:36 am

this was funny from the blog ... Masa mentioned 'private jet' in a previous post, and explained it with...

"FIRST PUBLIC DISCLOSURE! PRIVATE JET and CAPTAIN "MY" PHOTO UP[LOAD]!

[picture from inside car]

(when the photo was taken, the altitude was extremely low. Please give us your forebearance)."

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:57 am

First of all, thanks Tachikaze for the links. They really helped.

Indeed, it is a very amusing blog. Did I read something about a new song being composed while they were touring? Or did I get everything wrong?

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:22 am

I thought I read something like that too. Hm.. A new song.. Could be..!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:30 pm

I'm REALLY digging this blog. I'm usually very lazy to *read* japanese which is really bad for me, I should practice. I'm doing some extreme brain exercicing now. :P

I'm fascinated by the fact that in Miwa's lastest entry, she mentioned she gone to Sweden (!) to work (!!!). :shock: She was talking about the cold, that it gets so cold like -30C so your face hurts and such things. Then mentioned the fact of going to Sweden in a 200 kilometer long city, aparently. It was very cold there, obviously. She didn't mention the name of the city.

What is "池田町"? Is is a city? Couldn't find it on edict or anything.

http://yorimo.yomiuri.co.jp/person/blog ... .html#more

I just couldn't get any more confused than I got with Masa's lastest entry. I couldn't get a vague idea of what he was talking about... :blush:

http://yorimo.yomiuri.co.jp/person/blog ... .html#more

Oh well, this blog is great! Even just to check the pictures, when I'm too lazy to actually read.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:02 pm

The kanji you showed reads "Ikeda-cho"- Ikeda ward (my wife tells me that Ikeda is really not so much a city as a part of Nakagawa-gun [county]- it's more like a town).

We'll have to take a look at the blog- my wife leaves for Japan on Monday!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:38 pm

She was talking about the cold, that it gets so cold like -30C so your face hurts and such things.
Miwa was told that it would be very cold in Sweden, and to bring warm clothes, which she did. When she was there, the temperature was -15C. However, she learned that Ikeda it was -20C at the same time! She also mentioned that it often gets down to -30C, etc. in Ikeda, so it was actually colder than in Sweden!
Then mentioned the fact of going to Sweden in a 200 kilometer city, apparently.
The city, which was not named, is 200 kilometers from the Arctic Circle. This is substantially farther North than Ikeda, but a lot of other things come into consideration for climatic conditions. Anything that close to the Arctic Circle has got to be cold- maybe it was just a nice day in Sweden!

Did I mention it is wonderful having a Japanese wife?

The blog has given us a lot of good sightseeing ideas for our trip to Hokkaido- between Miwa's description of Ikeda and her descriptions of the same in an old Switch magazine article, we have a pretty good idea of about where her parents' house is. We'll go have a look, for sure.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:07 am

nogizaka wrote: Miwa was told that it would be very cold in Sweden, and to bring warm clothes, which she did. When she was there, the temperature was -15C. However, she learned that Ikeda it was -20C at the same time! She also mentioned that it often gets down to -30C, etc. in Ikeda, so it was actually colder than in Sweden!
I just can't stop wondering... what would be a business trip to Sweden all about? This is so frustating. I understood most of it but when I tried what I understood to english the mess in my brain got out of hand. It is all my fault for being so lazy about reading japanese. :roll:

I watch dorama and anime all the time, besides music shows like Music Station in a weekly basis. I understand spoken japanese quite fine now.
nogizaka wrote:Did I mention it is wonderful having a Japanese wife?
Well, it must be great to have a wonderful Japanese wife. ;)
nogizaka wrote: The blog has given us a lot of good sightseeing ideas for our trip to Hokkaido- between Miwa's description of Ikeda and her descriptions of the same in an old Switch magazine article, we have a pretty good idea of about where her parents' house is. We'll go have a look, for sure.
Wow! Ain't that cool? What do you know maybe you two might bump into Miwa at some point on your trip to Hokkaido. Anything can happen. :)

On the latest entry, Masa mentions they have started recording. :shock:
I liked it that he was explaining about the bad mood he (they?) get when recording and start to give some examples to illustrate the kind of pressure he feels... which I barely understood and can't come up with a decent translation. :x

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:29 am

Well, it must be great to have a wonderful Japanese wife.
Did I mention that my wife is simply THE BEST? I took her to the airport this morning, and I'm missing her already (I gave her my MP3 player loaded with the DCT albums [courtesy of you]- she was thrilled)!
What do you know maybe you two might bump into Miwa at some point on your trip to Hokkaido.
We will miss 'The Love Rocks' concert tour, but what will Miwa and Masa be doing during that two week hiatus? Miwa might just be in town...

There was a minor controversy involving Miwa and Masa during the recording of 'The Love Rocks'- rumors of "a split"- which we encountered briefly on the 'making of' disc ("I'm always right."), later laughed off by both of them. We know about the difficulties they are experiencing at this stage in their career- making and recording great music is not an easy thing.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:32 am

nogizaka wrote: Did I mention that my wife is simply THE BEST? I took her to the airport this morning, and I'm missing her already (I gave her my MP3 player loaded with the DCT albums [courtesy of you]- she was thrilled)!
How nice. :) I'm happy for you. I hope it was some confort to your wife to hear some DCT on a long flight like that.
nogizaka wrote: We will miss 'The Love Rocks' concert tour, but what will Miwa and Masa be doing during that two week hiatus? Miwa might just be in town...
My thoughts exactly. Good luck! Worse case scenario, you will see some beautiful places in Hokkaido. Not bad, huh?
nogizaka wrote: There was a minor controversy involving Miwa and Masa during the recording of 'The Love Rocks'- rumors of "a split"- which we encountered briefly on the 'making of' disc ("I'm always right."), later laughed off by both of them. We know about the difficulties they are experiencing at this stage in their career- making and recording great music is not an easy thing.
Actually I need to watch the whole part in english again. What happened was that I watched the DVD after watching Amoretto so I was listening to japanese for hours. I just couldn't understand a word of english they were saying! Worse, they keep going back and forth with japanese and english.

This is a real funny thing. Whenever I'm watching a movie or reading something in english and someone comes to speak to me, in portuguese obviously... I don't understand a word they say! :lol:

Finally, back on the topic... Masa's lastest entry was about the World Cup. He was watching the match on the studio, secretly if I got that right. :lol: I got the impression he could be a soccer enthusiast because of "Ola Vitoria". I'm slow tonight, but the whole entry was about the match. I couldn't figure much more than that.

I'm not sure if it is common knowledge, but every time the brazilian team on the World Cup has a match it is sort of a national holiday. Commerce closes, people get off work and school one hour before the match. I'm not so much of a soccer fan, I'm an Formula 1 fan myself.

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:30 am

Thanks guys for all the information!
Nakoruru , it's great that you can read some Japanese!
I can understand a little when they are talking, but I can't read at all.
ANd Nogizaka, thanks for the Children of the Sun DVD. It's a shame you are gonna miss the tour...
There was a minor controversy involving Miwa and Masa during the recording of 'The Love Rocks'- rumors of "a split"-
:cry: Why there always have to be rumors like that??!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:43 pm

I wish my japanese reading skills were better. I just realized how rusty I am... :cry:

First of all, Masa mentioned that a 2 piece demo tape is done. Are they working in a new single?!

He kept on talking about his bad mood and apologyzing about it. He said that sometimes it is bad when you wear the same jersey for 5 days, don't leave the studio not even for meals and sleeps 3 hours a night. But when he was an amateur musician, he hoped for that kind of thing everyday.

My favorite line was and I quote "God is really fair". :)

I'm digging the pictures he has been posting on the blog. Thanks goodness for digital cameras! :lol:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:33 pm

June 15th entry is a mystery to me. :cry: I couldn't understand much... but surely those were a couple of interesting pictures.

June 16th entry, unless I missed something in the previous entries (most likely) Masa was into some kind of race. (?) Or something, I didn't really understand it. :cry: He did mention Lord of the Rings which was funny enough to me. :lol: By that picture of him in the bike, I wonder if he is preparing to race on the Tour de France? :wink: :wink:

I will try later to see if I can understand anything from Miwa's entry. I got a little frustated right now. :x