DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:20 am

Not "two-piece single", but *2nd* single.

Miwa's entry about the bridge from her hometown was somewhat interesting; back in college I had to study booooring text books, but these days it's much easier learning from the web.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:33 pm

tachikaze wrote:Not "two-piece single", but *2nd* single.
Wow! :shock: They should get a break at some point...!!!

I've been too lazy/frustated/cranky to comment anything about the blog the last few days. Lemme see, it was pretty awesome to me to read Masa's entry he did from the hotel at 3 AM, after the last concert of the Arena Tour. I'm assuming this tour will be like the Monkey Odyssey one... too lazy/upset to look up on info about it.

The next day he was back at the studio to finish recording the "2nd single". Actually kind of complaining Miwa had strained her throat after two concerts in a row and wasn't in shape to record that day.

He then did a very strange... kinda silly entry. I didn't understand most of it, didn't seem to have anything interesting on it.

And now I HAVE GOT to hot link - I don't really know if it would be better to upload the pic to somewhere?! - because I almost passed out from laughing so hard!

Does it get any better than this? :lol:

Very interesting entry. Masa was saying his dream was to be a singer (!!!) but his dream was kinda crushed by Miwa. He said that's why he started to do the backvocals. Hmmm. I think it is a crying shame, I adore Miwa (she rocks our world!) but I do think Masa is a terrific singer. From the little I have heard him sing...

By the way, I have a partially downloaded TV show I got from WinMX that has a little bit of footage from 1986 (!!!) showing Masa playing the bass in a backband. He obviously commented it but I didn't quite understand it.

Finally, I'm totally crushed by the soccer match. I was internally cheering and praying for Japan... when they scored the first goal, I thought there would be hope. Then I had to see Brazil score 4 times! :cry: (I am brazilian). Oh well...

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:53 pm

I have been looking at the entries as well. That picture of Masa in the latest entry, wow, I can't believe that was him!
nakoruru wrote:Very interesting entry. Masa was saying his dream was to be a singer (!!!) but his dream was kinda crushed by Miwa. He said that's why he started to do the backvocals. Hmmm. I think it is a crying shame, I adore Miwa (she rocks our world!) but I do think Masa is a terrific singer. From the little I have heard him sing...
Aw, his dream to be a singer was crushed by Miwa? From what I have heard from him, I like hearing him sing. I like hearing Miwa too, of course.
nakoruru wrote:By the way, I have a partially downloaded TV show I got from WinMX that has a little bit of footage from 1986 (!!!) showing Masa playing the bass in a backband. He obviously commented it but I didn't quite understand it.
A show from 1986 with Masa playing in a backband?? Cool!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:37 am

Kohaku wrote:I have been looking at the entries as well. That picture of Masa in the latest entry, wow, I can't believe that was him!
At first I couldn't believe it either but then I noticed his eyes. :D It is him alright!
Kohaku wrote:A show from 1986 with Masa playing in a backband?? Cool!

"Nakamura and Yoshida were participating in backbands and choruses at the same time. After this enconter dorikamu was formed". Yay! I was able to read it!!! :D :D :D

I saw the incomplete video a month ago or so. I watched it again tonight and I was actually able to read the comments this time. It is paying off to spend time reading their blog!!! :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:57 am

I can relate to Masa's latest entry, he was saying that he has problems to sleep. Heck, it is 4 AM and I'm here on the computer... I do have insomnia too. :x

It was really funny he tried everything even counting sheeps, which aparently was the worse thing... he tried sleeping in a bathtub (?!) and eventually turned into a kappa. :lol: Hahah! I'm going to turn into a kappa myself soon.

I find it funny how the web sometimes makes me feel like sharing my thoughts. Maybe that's why blogs are so popular these days? Masa was saying that maybe if someday he got married, having his wife next to him would help his insomnia. If he wants help, I can help!!! :oops: (I promised myself I wouldn't say that...) :P

I've came across some interesting things in the past 2-3 entries, I need to translate them for you guys. Too bad tomorrow will be the last day they are going to write on the blog. :x My japanese reading studies are going down the drain again... I'm just too lazy!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Good news! The blog is moving to DCTGarden starting tomorrow! :D For one, I'm really excited about it. I have been having fun reading it and doing some extreme mental training... it is all good, my japanese skill have got to improve!

I will edit later to do my almost-near-translation-thingy. :P

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:17 pm

I'm happy about the blog moving over. :) I was having fun reading it too.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:33 am

nakoruru wrote:Good news! The blog is moving to DCTGarden starting tomorrow! :D
Heh...talk about proof that DCT themselves were having fun doing it... :)
Good news! (Especially for the future Mrs. Nakamura two posts above ^_-)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:42 pm

The blog is now here.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:35 am

I'm late with my translation thingy so here goes an ultra-compact version:

July 5th

Masa is saying that it is regrettable and sad the fact that the player Hidetoshi Nakata is going to retire at age 29. Then he mentioned that at the same age, DCT haven't even had a debut CD and that pretty much he didn't have a carrier yet.

Also that on his retirement, it would be on all newspapers. Which then he quotes Miwa "Until the day I die I'll sing on Dorikamu" (I will need a check here as "shinu made dorikamu to shite utau" kinda got me a little confused) "so it means I won't have a retirement?!"

July 4th

VERY intersting entry about his work mixing the sound of their concert for Wowow. Such details as the fact the drums alone have 8 tracks, as they place 8 microphones on the drumset and such things. Aparently 3 hours worth of music requires about 60 hours of work. It is massive stuff to work as a sound engineer, happens my best friend is a sound engineer so I knew most of these things. But who cares about that? ;)

By the way, I don't think the concert is coming out in DVD because Masa mentioned Wowow's airing one too many times. I guess at some point he'd have said it is coming out in DVD. Sad!

July 3rd

Masa is continuing the "Boko mo Dorikamu Campaign" (I'm also Dorikamu Campaign) <LOL> and pretty much continuing the entry he was saying he wanted to be a singer. He said that you can hear his voice on Sora o Yomu from The Love Rocks. Oh well, I have noticed that fact when I first heard Nando Demo's single and it is the reason why I like this song. These two sing killer ballads together. Mirai Yosouzu II anyone? :)

There is a picture of Miwa wearing clothes with the brazilian flag colors (green and yellow) and the caption says she was devasted by Brazil's defeat against France. I feel very flattered they were cheering for Brazil - I was cheering for Japan too - who knows? Maybe there is hope that someday dorikamu might come down here. *sigh*

July 2nd

"As usual Miwa puts so much efford in singing that in the ending of the day, she is exhausted..." or something like that. So Masa says by the time he opened the door from the vocal booth, she was already gone to watch the Brazil x France match. :) He also was cheering the fact DCT songs were on the Music Station summer special and then he mentions a few songs but I simply did not understand what he was talking about.

... not to mention my brain has melt down by now...

Jei: You are all invited for the engagement party. I just need to find a way to let Masa know about it... :lol: :wink:

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:56 am

Aparently 3 hours worth of music requires about 60 hours of work.
Arghh that's a lot!
and pretty much continuing the entry he was saying he wanted to be a singer. He said that you can hear his voice on Sora o Yomu from The Love Rocks.
SO he wanted to be a singer. It would be great to hear them singing a song together, I mean, not a song where he only does the background voice.
So Masa says by the time he opened the door from the vocal booth, she was already gone to watch the Brazil x France match
:lol: It's a shame Brazil lost...
... not to mention my brain has melt down by now...
Best line.

Thank you so much, Nakoruru!! this was so interesting.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:52 pm

Celes wrote: SO he wanted to be a singer. It would be great to hear them singing a song together, I mean, not a song where he only does the background voice.
Alright, I will start a campaign of my own: "singer Masa campaign" (kaishu no Masa campaign"! :D He wants to sing... we want to hear him sing! Okay, that's a start. Another thing I have wished for infinite years is that DCT would release Sonic 1 & 2 soundtrack with lyrics. *heavy sigh* Can you imagine Green Hill Zone sang by Miwa?

Things are looking good for you guys in the US. In today's entry, a gaijin guy called Brian is at the studio mixing DCT's new ENGLISH song (single?!)!!! Aparently he worked with them on Beauty & Harmony's first album, which was mixed in New York. If I got that right the new song is going to be mixed in Japan. Wow! A new english song! :)

So how about the US tour? Brazil and Europe........

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:53 am

http://blog.dctgarden.com/2006/07/15/post_13.html

I hope someone will be able to give us a accurate translation for the reason why Masa will stop writing on his blog. Clearly, he mentions something going on in Japan I'm not aware of.

I must say that much as I loved the blog from the very start, I was concerned about over exposure. At some point I started to believe that as their culture is different, maybe it would be okay to do such thing. It doesn't seem to be the case.

This is a real shame. I'm concerned as I'm not sure what's going on. Hmmm.

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:14 am

for the reason why Masa will stop writing on his blog.
That's a shame!! :cry:
Things are looking good for you guys in the US. In today's entry, a gaijin guy called Brian is at the studio mixing DCT's new ENGLISH song (single?!)!!!
This would be amazing!!!!! :shock: :D

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:03 am

While they were preparing for their first concert in Yokosuka, someone tried to break into their Setagaya office/studio:

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20060 ... 28-sph-ent

(their first-floor office has one of those gate thingies, and somebody took a crowbar to it, but couldn't get in).

Masa is just commenting on that. Not sure what his "partial information incident" title is referring to, perhaps the report to the police was supposed to be confidential but it leaked to the press or something.