DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:31 am

Let me make good use of my insomnia tonight...

Masa made a long entry explaining what composing arrangements is all about. I must say that both the Jazz mix of Love Love Love which was re-arranged by Ohtani Kou (read it on the blog itself) and the new version of Sweet Sweet Sweet finally made me understand how important arrangements really are. I mean I liked both, specially Sweet x3 was a huge surprise such arrangement worked fine with the song but it if finally clear to me.

... now if only I could fall asleep... moshimo 'nemuri' nara? ^_~

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 pm

So they have been working on the new song. While Masa was working on the guitar pattern, Miwa was working on the lyrics. There is a picture of the computer she uses to make the lyrics:

In the very end of the entry, Masa says there is a hint in this picture about what the new song is all about. :D I didn't read the backtracks yet but I must be blind or something. I didn't quite get it yet.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:13 am

nakoruru wrote: In the very end of the entry, Masa says there is a hint in this picture about what the new song is all about. :D I didn't read the backtracks yet but I must be blind or something. I didn't quite get it yet.
Hmm...two ideas:

1) Something involving the magazine in the bottom right corner.

2) The 'War is Over' sticker...something related to that (War itself or maybe John Lennon)

Just a thought...^^

Thanks for the blog updates, nakoruru :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:19 am

If it's Lennon, perhaps it's a new version of 'Beautiful Boy' like Masa once mentioned in a POWER PLANT interview awhile back.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:09 am

nogizaka wrote:If it's Lennon, perhaps it's a new version of 'Beautiful Boy' like Masa once mentioned in a POWER PLANT interview awhile back.
Oh... sounds neat to me, I really liked their previous cover.

Could it be a coupling song for that English song they were working on back when the blog started on Yorimo? I wonder... no wait, could it be the other way around?! :lol:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:30 pm

I was hoping that Masa would give away what the hint was but he didn't. All he said today is that it is possible to find out the title of the new song from that picture. :shock: Now I'm more confused than before! :lol:

Second day of recording of the new song was the guitar line from the initial recording without vocals. Today (saturday) they'll be working on the vocals.
Hmmm.

Other than that he was just talking about not being able to attend Miwa's New Year Party and sort of apologizing/hoping she wouldn't mind. ^_^; Aparently she invited everyone, including him when they finished the Kouhaku performance.

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:23 am

nakoruru wrote:All he said today is that it is possible to find out the title of the new song from that picture. :shock:
Hmm.. I'm going to go with the "War is Over" sticker as well.

Or it could be that flower sticker thing.

I'm confused~! :lol:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:42 pm

My wife notes that the document below the computer is "mapple"- a map, probably some kind of atlas. Apples on the map and computer- another reference to Lennon (or The Beatles)?

I hope that DCT follows their own advice (per the 'Love Overflows' Special disc) and remains apolitical, except that...

"It's all about love."

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:20 pm

I've been trying to make some sense out of the past blog entries but it's been a mess. Sometimes, he does some short upset entries which leave a lot to the imagination... these used to get me paranoid until I read the backtracks to see japanese fans just as confused as I was. After a couple of these...

If I got anything right (one hopes) Miwa is working on a B&H song. I'm fairly sure that indeed the one Masa was making the arrangements is in fact a different song - I think she goes the arrangements for B&H, doesn't she?
He did mention being working in two things - but now I wonder, which of these things in the theme song for the upcoming movie???

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:23 pm

Okay, I've been a bit busy so let me try to catch up the old entries.

They are working in two songs. Now that's for sure. And there was a hint about a new song on an entry that mostly was talking about the time they were working Love Overflows. I'm positive he meant there is a new song in English. It could be the new version of Beautiful Boy though...

... he didn't say much about the Universal ride thing, yet. Good heavens! It's not fair that we are all stuck overseas! :x

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:47 pm

The new single is finished. ^^ I'm really surprised they started working on it on the last few days of 2006 and it is already finished! Masa was explaining than they've been working round the clock, even on weekends to get this done with. Gotta admire them for that. *thumbs up*

It will be announced soon on DCT Garden. :) I really can't wait to hear what's all about! I think it's going to be a very exciting year. A new single and a new Wonderland concert! Quite awesome!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 pm

'Osaka LOVER'- maybe the map in the picture is of Osaka, although I can't tell from looking at it, but I guess it would still qualify as a clue...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:13 am

The Mapple is indeed Osaka, cuz that's what the big-ass characters on the cover are.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:52 pm

My wife thinks that this track is the one that will be used for the ride, since Universal Studios Japan is in Osaka (that big-a** town).

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 pm

...and the Dorispo confirms it.