DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Very interesting entry tonight. They are shooting the PV for Osaka Lover which is pretty much a moving version of the cover. There is even a picture of the set of asphalt they are going to use with the manhole and everything on the blog.

This time they aren't going to be the main characters on the PV but they will make an appearance. Something like Hajimari no La, I suppose.

I have a very faint knowledge of the Osaka dialect because of Card Captor Sakura. I did watch the anime in the past and I realized one character spoke differently from what I was used to hear. I can't wait to take a look at the lyrics of Osaka Lover, that's for sure! :D

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:26 pm

The Kansai dialect is supposed to be an "earthier" form of Japanese (if that makes any sense). My wife was born in Osaka but raised in Tokyo, so she doesn't have an accent (that I can tell). We have friends from Osaka, but my ear isn't skilled enough yet to notice a difference.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:07 am

as a general rule, whenever they put up the words on the screen during a Hey Hey Hey talk segment, that's kansai-ben.

One guy put up a HHH segment with ELT in which Matsumoto just slayed me. It was kinda rude, talking about Mochida gaining weight and how it would make her "modest" ~ ~ bigger . . . Igarashi was wearing a rather 'hade' leather coat, and Matsumoto said something like "coming on wearing a jacket that looks like it was made from a car seat . . ."

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:32 pm

^ Now that explains a LOT. I got used to it but at first it used to drive me crazy, I didn't know why there were subtitles on the show. :oops:

Most I could pick by ear was "desu" becoming something like "dechu" (でちゅ ?) mostly the way phrases would finish with strange phonemes. Also some different phonemes in words in general. I reckon it took me 5 years to start actually hearing the New York accent - I have many Cyndi Lauper albums but somehow I didn't hear her heavy NY accent...

So they finished shooting the PV of Osaka Lover! :D There is a nice picture of the actors who will play the couple on the video, only that they will be appearing only neck down on the video. This idea from the director is that if you don't see their faces, you will sympatize more with the story on the PV. Let's see how it will work out! ^^

Only that... Masa too will be appearing only neck down. No complains will be heard from the ladies, I'm positive! ;) :lol: Though it seems like we will see Miwa's face on this PV.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:50 pm

My wife finds Miwa's Kansai-ben annoying (she doesn't like the sound bite of the single- I didn't like it the first time I heard it, but I like it more with each listening). She's not sure if Osakans will like this or just think Miwa is making fun of how they speak (I don't think Miwa is making fun, and I believe that the single is supposed to promote Osaka, but people might still take it the wrong way). I don't have enough of an ear to tell the difference.

Interesting that nakoruru commented about Cyndi Lauper- she used that very affected accent in her most popular work, but if you want to hear what she really sounds like, listen to the backing vocals (also her usually, and much better, in my opinion).

'She Bop' is a really cool song (with a hilarious video).

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:26 pm

Hmmm. Miwa has an amazing ability to mime phonemes, she got a heavy Rio de Janeiro accent while singing the Portuguese bits on Ola Vitoria. I can clearly see someone from there thinking she is making fun of the way they talk. Maybe because she is making a huge effort to sound like that? I find their accent extremely annoying (me and everyone else from Sao Paulo) so it really stands out.

This could be a problem. I'm sure they meant to promote Osaka so I hope most Osakans won't find it annoying. Or think she is making fun of them.

Nowadays I realize that Cyndi Lauper really forces an accent in her old songs but gosh, it just took so long for me to hear any difference! I just like the way she sings... she can sing "better" but I like her over the top style.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:47 pm

Suge! Masa attented the award ceremony "Digimono of the Year 2006" from Digimono Station. He was a special judge and prize-winner announcer. Cool, isn't it?

As we can imagine, having to talk in front of a bunch of people is not really a pleasant thing to do. But still, I think it was quite cool. :P From what I understood this award is about digital gadgets so... hmm...

... I'm getting a headache here from translating. :( I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a while. I'm sorry about that.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:47 am

As a matter of fact, DCT is recording a new song! That probably means a new single. Wow... how fast! I reckon it might be a good idea to release at least another single before the Wonderland concert to get publicity. It couldn't
an album coming out this year, could it?

Anyhow, Masa mentioned something really interesting today that Love Love Love was actually a song about the White Day. It was supposed to have this title even. He did lyrics for it as well as for "Sayonara" as we saw on The Love Rocks extra DVD. ^^

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:12 am

Right now, Miwa and Masa are in New York to mix/master new songs. Not many details were given so far, only that they were recording the brass for a song arranged by Ohtani Kou - I'm guessing it is for either of the upcoming movies? - and that's it. Not even sure if in fact they are mixing new DCT songs.

Anyhow, Masa was saying he always liked brass since he was a kid. Funny because I started to like brass because of DCT! No kidding! ^^ Anyway, he was talking about Earth Wind and Fire being a great inspiration and I quote "when I first heard their music, I was stuck in bed with fever from a cold. It wouldn't be exaggeration to say that it changed my life." Music is a powerful thing, it really is.

I'm totally late as usual to translate but this is about the news about DCT. I haven't heard Dorira yet and certainly, I didn't manage to translate a lot of interesting (to me at least) things that popped up on the blog lately. Sorry! :x

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:34 am

Always interesting! Thanks for continuing to give us these blog updates :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:33 pm

Thanks Jei! ^^

March 29th

The mixing of two new songs were finished but a problem appeared. A noise on the master tape that no one could figure out where it came from. They had to spend 6 hours on the studio trying to figure out - apparently it was a hardware problem since changing parts of the equipment solved it.

It was a problem to waste a day's work like this because they can't postpone getting back to Japan - heck, we know they be on Music Station next friday! :shock: Nonetheless thankfully the problem was solved.

Two songs so I'm guessing a new single? Already?! :

March 30th

10 hours delay on the schedule and budget loss due to yesterday's problems. Talk about some stress going on, eh?

March 31st

So the sakura bloomed in Japan which means Spring has arrived. :) But the sakura in New York aren't showing signs of blooming just yet.

Thanks to Edo-san (sorry but I'm too lazy to look up the engineers names but I know who is talking about) they managed to get 3 hours back on the schedule. Masa mentioned being really confident about these 3 new songs. Also that Miwa's singing is absurdly good this time. ^^

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:01 pm

"Edo-san"- perhaps Ed Tuton, from Sony?

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:55 pm

nogizaka wrote:"Edo-san"- perhaps Ed Tuton, from Sony?
You are right. Silly me! I mixed up エドさん with 江戸川さん. That's what I get from stress and not being able to sleep at all.

I totally fell on the April Fools joke! :lol: Masa wrote this one line "... and suddenly I've got married!" You had to click to read the rest. He should have said he went to Vegas and woke up married to someone he doesn't know. ^_~ Movie cliches just don't get old!

I have a fascination with sound recording and acoustics. For instance, having an open mic in a concert - be it the singer's or the one used to capture the sound of a brass instrument - it does pick up feedback from the monitors on stage and over all noise. I love stuff like this and I quote:

"All instruments have all sorts of noises. Besides the noise from the musician's clothes, the noise from the in-ear monitors, the noise from changing instruments, noise of clearning your throat, the noise from the singer's lips in intervals on the song, the sound you make while trying to keep the tempo just before singing (that'd be my case), the noise of the whole drum-set... and so on"

Yes, they were still having problems with weird noises April 2nd.

And finally for April 3rd:

They finished the mixing! And it is their last day in New York as well. "We are done, it's like a miracle" is what Miwa has to say. ^^

... I will get back to translating this tomorrow.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:05 am

Incidental noises during recording make the recording sound more "real"- 'Pinball Wizard' just wouldn't be the same song without hearing Pete Townshend's guitar strings squeak as his fingers slide up and down on them. At the same time though, it's good to hunt down and correct that pesky noise that you think will detract from the sound quality.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:52 pm

nogizaka wrote:Incidental noises during recording make the recording sound more "real"- 'Pinball Wizard' just wouldn't be the same song without hearing Pete Townshend's guitar strings squeak as his fingers slide up and down on them. At the same time though, it's good to hunt down and correct that pesky noise that you think will detract from the sound quality.
I couldn't agree more. I prefer live music anytime! Studio recordings sound too "plastic" err... maybe too "perfect" for me. I don't mind the noises like the singer breathing sometimes you can hear in live recordings and other noises like that. Plus, bands with *real* musicians like DCT always sound better live. :)