DCT Blog ~ Yorimo

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:46 pm

There will be a big announcement on the 14th. Of course no details were given just yet but does anyone feel like guessing?

This is too cool! Miwa's mother just started using a computer! ^^ She read Masa's blog without clicking on the links to see the entire entries. Just the top page. Everyone cracked up on the studio about it. This is awesome, computers are fun. IMHO everyone should try them out!

Oh my, what does プリプロ mean? I just gave up looking and/or trying to figure out its meaning. :shock:

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:55 am

nakoruru wrote:There will be a big announcement on the 14th. Of course no details were given just yet but does anyone feel like guessing?
Anything in any pictures to give us a secret hint? ;)
OK...DWL 2007 West Coast Tour? ^o^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Jei wrote:OK...DWL 2007 West Coast Tour? ^o^
I don't want much either. Just a tour that includes Brazil, North America and Europe. That's not too much to ask! ^^;;;

Okay, this is too much info to digest. I gonna need some help: new single coming out in June 13th. I can't understand the name 「ロックトウサン(ロックなお父さんていう意味)」シングル。(Rokku as in father?! what???)

Also, the soundtrack of Kimi ni shika kikoenai is coming out on the same day.

Geez! I was doing fine, I understood the whole LONG explanation why they changed their plans about making auditions to get fans to do back vocals to them. But just when I needed to understand the important part... my brain decided to stop working. :x

One thing not so important but still funny is that Masa was saying he is the kind of person that goes to a concert and likes to sing along out loud. So loud it bothers the persons next to him. :lol: I also get too carried away in concerts! :lol: I even got a guy to give me dirty looks in a concert 'cause I was shouting too much.

<edit>

Phew! There is details on Dorira I didn't listen to yet. There is samples of the new single I didn't listen to just yet. Err, the links are on the blog.

I'm just so exhausted these days this is the best I can do. :x
Last edited by nakoruru on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:43 pm

My wife says that the translation is 'Rock Daddy'- perhaps a reference to 'Sayonara 59ers', the second track on the CD (the Rock and Roll generation)?

The Kanji section talks about the dream of fans to sing backing vocals in a DCT concert. This may be answered by a new limited edition DVD of 'Nando demo' and 'Love Love Love' which includes instructions on performing the backing vocals and handclaps. The DVD will be released at the same time as the new single.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:38 am

Many thanks to your wife, Nogizaka. It was much appreciated. Somehow I did understand it right in my head but I just couldn't translate it to English. :shock:

I knew it! I knew it!!! :lol: Sayonara 59ers' title came from that little joke Masa did that Miwa was turning 59 on that concert. I just heard it on Dorira. ^^ When I first saw the title I thought it could be it. Ha!

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:09 am

So what's the big announcement?

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:37 am

sdankoehler wrote:So what's the big announcement?
http://www.dctjoy.com/dreamscometrue/cu ... pr152007-1
:)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:23 pm

This is SO funny! On the news paper there was an article about "Rocky The Final" movie which its title was Kessen wa Kinyoubi (which means The Decisive Battle is Friday) because the movie was going to premiere on the theaters on friday. :lol: Masa was left wondering if it was just a coincidence.

I rather not hot link images so here is the link:

http://blog.dctgarden.com/2007/04/20/post_247.html

Meanwhile they are working on the PV of Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai! Check you the pictures:

http://blog.dctgarden.com/2007/04/21/post_248.html

The costume not only looks stunning IMO but Masa explained the whole thing. Both their costumes are connected to each other by strings! Really, at least the pictures look amazing. It might turn out to be quite a nice video.

The theme for the song and naturally the PV is 「人は誰でも、出会う力をもっている。そして繋がっていく。」 I understand its meaning but I can't come up with anything in English that would mean the same. Hmmm.

Also, I think I forgot to mention that one of the requests from the fans was for the blog to be published as a book. And so they are having meetings and trying to figure this out but I agree with Masa on this. It's not possible to turn a blog into a book! But it probably will... :shock:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:41 pm

"Everyone has the power to meet someone else. That is how people become connected."

Costumes connected by strings...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:11 am

Google says "puripuro" is short for "pre-production".

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks Tachikaze and Nogizaka. All help is quite welcome.

Sunday is (was?) the National Elections in Japan. Masa just went to the polls before going to the studio. Yep, they work on sunday as well. :shock: I've seen Political stuff going on NHK World since last week but I couldn't careless about politics so I just skipped it. He didn't say much about politics though.

I have a funny story to tell because I was a poll worker in 5 nationwide elections here. In Brazil you are obligated to vote AND be a poll worker. I'd go to jail if I didn't go to work. Nice, huh? :? So a VERY famous Brazilian singer called Roberto Carlos votes in the same place where I worked! It was so funny when he arrived every time because everyone left the rooms, both the poll workers and the voters. Everyone would start to cheer... my co-workers even started to sing one of his hit songs. :lol: I cracked up just imagining if the same ever happened to Masa! ^^

Back to the topic, Masa was talking about an album from Hosono Haruomi called "Tropical Dandy". He mentioned having listened to it a lot on his college days. If I ever find the time, I'd like listen to the albums he has mentioned on the blog so far. :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:38 am

It's the Golden Week in Japan. As we could have imagined by now, Masa is recording a song on the studio. And interacting by the phone with Miwa about this new project. Another single maybe?

Also today was announced that the blog will be in fact be published as a book this Spring. Today is the 333rd day since the blog first started on Yorimo. :shock: And think that Masa didn't skip a SINGLE day out of these 333 days that have gone by... I never thought studying kanji could be soooo fun! ^^ I highly appreciate his effort.

It suddenly hit me though. The blog should be published as an audio book! Now that would be something different and useful for the kanji challenged like me. :lol:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu May 03, 2007 8:58 pm

I regret not having enough time to translate the blog for you guys because it is always interesting! Masa is doing a profile for the book that is coming out so his writing style is a lot more understandable in these parts. ^^;;; I will translate it for you guys 'cause it is great!
Author: Masato Nakamura. Born in 1958 along with Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson. Eldest son of the Nakamura family, born and raised in Tokyo. Born in the year of the dog. Probably because of this fact, the first book I ever held in my hands was a "dog photobook". (犬の絵本) As the following picture shows:

(Please check for yourselves so we don't hot link the pictures)
http://blog.dctgarden.com/2007/05/03/post_258.html

Next to the dog on this photobook is the monkey. Maybe right then my meeting with Miwa Yoshida was already predicted. Probably it was a sign about our future like the ken'ei no "Naka" "Yoshi". Continues on the next entry.
犬猿の仲 【ken'ei no naka】 loggerheads; like cats & dogs; (lit. dog & monkey).

I think you guys must remember that they got the idea for the Nakayoshi (best friends) thing from their surnames. So he used the cats & dogs idiom with the Naka/Yoshi thing again. This is the best explanation I could come up with for the idiom he used. By all means, if anyone has a better explanation be my guest.

I had forgotten how FUN translating can be when I'm not tired! ^^ I will translate the next entry later tonight (hopefully) but how awesome are these pictures he has been posting? :D

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Fri May 04, 2007 12:35 pm

"It's the Golden Week in Japan."

fyi, just "Golden Week", no 'the'.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri May 04, 2007 10:03 pm

tachikaze wrote:"It's the Golden Week in Japan."

fyi, just "Golden Week", no 'the'.
Thanks for the correction. It is a bad habit I still didn't get rid of. Once again I had my brothers sit down and give me examples in Portuguese to see if I could understand the correct use of "the". Hmmm. It's still not very clear to me.

... I have plenty of interesting things to translate so I hope to stop watching NHK World a bit tonight and get cracking on translating. ^^