Is Miwa pregnant?

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Is Miwa pregnant?

Post by nogizaka » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:21 pm

I finally had an opportunity to look at some of the more recent downloads from jpopsuki, and I noticed that Miwa looks like she has gained weight. She appears wider from the waist down, and her face, neck, and shoulders look rounder. I thought she looked different when I watched the Music Station performance of 'Osaka Lover' for the first time, but when I watched it again with my wife along with the performance of 'The first day without you' and the "Bokura" broadcast, she made the same comment without any suggestion from me. Then I asked, "Do you think Miwa's pregnant?" My wife said "Maybe..."

I know from experience that keeping weight under control can become a real problem after 40, but Miwa's active lifestyle and her often athletic performance on stage (I imagine she has a personal trainer) make me think that she doesn't have that kind of weight problem.

Are we just seeing things, or has anybody else noticed?

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:06 am

I noticed her 2003 B & H 2 photos were a bit filled out compared to the 1996 BH1 jidai, and that her Osaka Lover outfit was a bit . . . unflattering, shall we say.

I would think after jumping around on stage you end up eating more calories from the post-concert food table than you burned onstage (there was a funny bit on this from HEY HEY with the hosts (ca. 1998) teasing Kaori Mochida about her modest weight gains over the past year or so, but the vids have been purged, alas).

I would certainly hope Miwa has taken time out of her career to start a family by now.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:07 pm

My wife feels that Miwa's costume designer has got to go, but I'm afraid that the designs have a lot to do with Miwa's fashion sense, which does not always match her musical sense.

Keeping one's weight under control does require a combination of diet and exercise- one or the other just won't work, and the blogs (and everything else) show that Miwa and Masa certainly do love to eat...

Agewise, this would be a critical time for Miwa to consider starting a family, if that's what she has in mind. Schedulewise, hmm... But when it comes to babies, "planning" is not always effective...

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:26 am

nogizaka wrote:My wife feels that Miwa's costume designer has got to go, but I'm afraid that the designs have a lot to do with Miwa's fashion sense, which does not always match her musical sense.
I'm afraid I must agree on this. Masa was mentioning on the blog that Miwa has been busy with the outfits for this year's Wonderland concert. They are Miwa's concepts along with Keita Maruyama. One outfit Miwa wore lately I actually liked was the one from the latest Kouhaku:

http://blog.dctgarden.com/2007/01/03/post_167.html

I really would wear it if I could. ^^ Though I didn't like Masa's outfit at all. The color is bleh... I think his jacket is too short as well.

I'm not sure about the outfits they wear on TV shows though. They seem to me like "street wear" but then again, I'm far from being a fashion expert. :P

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:05 pm

The Kohaku costumes are usually pretty cool (DCT's anyway)- I think someone else designs them, though. They're not as hit-or-miss as what we see Miwa and Masa wearing on other occaisions.

My wife says Maruyama designed many of the costumes displayed at DCT Garden Ikeda- the Wonderland costumes seem to be one of his specialities.