78%
I didn't like it.
22%

Total votes: 9

Bozu
DCTJoy Newbie

Did You Like Sing or Die?

Post by Bozu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Is this a good album in your opinion, or not? Speaking about the international one...did you think it was right for the U.S.? :?:

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:29 am

If you read through the forums, you'll see that a lot has been said about this album (and it's role in the U.S. tour). 'Sing or Die (International)' is the first DCT album I bought, so it will always have a special place within me. It's a good album, not a great one, nonetheless. Right for the U.S.? You'll find a lot written on that topic as well. I think that the album would have been a good starting point for U.S. audiences if it had been marketed better, but that apparently was not Virgin Records' intent. Given better marketing, and a real tour to back it up, the album would have been a great lead-in to 'The Monster (Worldwide)', which is a much better album, but of course, was not released here. Ah, what if...

newrynyuk
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by newrynyuk » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

nogizaka wrote:If you read through the forums, you'll see that a lot has been said about this album (and it's role in the U.S. tour). 'Sing or Die (International)' is the first DCT album I bought, so it will always have a special place within me. It's a good album, not a great one, nonetheless. Right for the U.S.? You'll find a lot written on that topic as well. I think that the album would have been a good starting point for U.S. audiences if it had been marketed better, but that apparently was not Virgin Records' intent. Given better marketing, and a real tour to back it up, the album would have been a great lead-in to 'The Monster (Worldwide)', which is a much better album, but of course, was not released here. Ah, what if...
Not one of my favorites I must say. Just three tracks from it are on my iPod; Aha Ha, Kelo Kelo and Song Of Joy. Lovely pics of Miwa in the CD booklet though.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 am

I think as an album it's weak, ie if I wanted to put a CD on I wouldn't reach for Sing or Die.

But it does have two incredibly strong singles, PEACE! and ai-suru kokoro, which is my favorite DCT song.

They chose to close their 2002 show in SF with ai-suru kokoro so I guess they like it too.

Awesome concert video.

DCT no.1 fan
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by DCT no.1 fan » Thu May 14, 2009 1:13 pm

I enjoyed this album. I think it has a nice feel to it and I like it.
Dreams Come True are so cool.

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Thu May 14, 2009 1:32 pm

The first time I heard Sing or Die was the English version, so that kind of skewed my view of it (it still sounds weird listening to the Japanese versions of the songs) but I like the album a lot. It's not an easy album to get into, and it's kind of dark sounding compared to a lot of DCT's stuff.

Still there are some very strong songs and it really has it's own distinct flavor. I put it on when I'm feeling down because of the overall 'Alegría' like concept to the album.