The Fillmore

Read up on the latest Dreams Come True Tour news!
zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

The Fillmore

Post by zberry » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:47 am

Wow. Awesome. Incredible. Beyond Description. One of the best shows I have ever seen.
Set list was basically the same as the other nights. Highlights for me were basically every song. The MGO songs really sounded great live.
OK. Let’s cut to the chase.
You want to know how Miwa looked, right? She looked hot. Damn hot. Drop-dead gorgeous in her inimitable Miwa way. She was flirting with the crowd the whole night, blowing lots of kisses, and we were left begging for more. How is it possible that this much talent and beauty has been captured in one body? Her moves were smooth, sexy and totally confident. She was prowling the stage and giving it her all from start to finish. Just an incredible performance. Very much like seeing a great athlete at the top of his/her game. Total command of the stage and total control of the crowd from the moment she walked on to when she walked off.
Her singing was just incredible, very powerful. Not a missed note all night as far as I could tell. Add to that the energy and passion that she puts into it, and … well, you get the picture.
Masa was just as funny as other people have been saying. Great sense of humor, telling people to be sure to purchase the Japanese version of Atlantis (which has Miwa’s voice) if they go to Japan (so Miwa can get royalties, presumably). As others have said, incredible bass playing. (Mix was a little too bass heavy early on, though). A real showman, too!
Hats off to the Petty twins and Lindsay the drummer. They really seemed to be enjoying the music they were playing, especially the drummer. He was really working well off Miwa’s lead on songs like Crystal Vine and others. Hey, if you had the chance to play drums for Miwa, you can be damn sure you’d be giving it your all for her, too.
I don’t know anything about Masa and Miwa’s relationship, other than the fact that they make incredible music together. But they really seemed to be having a blast together and to enjoy what they are doing. It's very possible DCT has many more great performances ahead of them.
I don’t know what else to say except it was a spine-tingling performance by incredible musicians.
I hope it’s true that they’ll be back soon. I have to tell you this straight out. Seeing a band like DCT at this point in their career in a place like the Fillmore is as close to musical heaven as you are ever going to get. That is no BS. They were there on a bare stage, just them and the instruments, and they weaved magic with every song, proving they are a great, great live band.
I second that call for a DCT live album. Or at least a new live video. You guys in Seattle and Vancouver, I envy you. If you have the chance to go, don’t miss it.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:53 pm

I agree. I only heard about the "live" Sunday, bought tickets Monday, and showed up early enough to wait at the head of the line last night, allowing me to stand "stage-mae" -- having the Wonderland '95 and SoD tour DVD's I certainly know what a once-in-a-lifetime chance that is!

They are certainly at the top of their game, and I was impressed with the energy they put into the concert, after having just come off a major tour in Japan (and being in the middle of this mini-tour).

Backing band was very good (though I wish they had Koh playing stilll :)

Miwa did back off of the really high-note on Asa-ga mata kuru, but other than that the whole show was spot-on.

Strangely enough I found standing 2m from Miwa and Masa not much different from just watching the SoD DVD. Might be because a lot of their patter last night was very similar.

I was pleasantly surprised that they seem to be backing off their English-ifying of their songs (Ai suru kokoro was Japanese), and Miwa really didn't speak much English.

$30 for this was quite a steal :) Funny, the scalper guy in front gave up in disgust 20 minutes before the doors opened...

naka-chan
DCTJoy Newbie

Absolutely amazing.

Post by naka-chan » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:46 pm

I'm a longtime fan that couldn't believe that I'd have a chance to see them live, let alone ten feet from the stage.

Their music was more powerful live than I could have imagined.

So, I have to say thank you to DCT for coming all this way to play for your U.S. fans.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:39 am

tachikaze wrote:Backing band was very good (though I wish they had Koh playing stilll :)
Was Koh not part of the pp-mix or arena-mix?
I know he played on the number of songs on the mgo album.
tachikaze wrote: $30 for this was quite a steal :) Funny, the scalper guy in front gave up in disgust 20 minutes before the doors opened...
Indeed! I wonder how many people at the concerts realised what a rare treat they were getting, especially considering how difficult it can be to get DCT tickets in Japan (and for a lot more than $30) ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/