DCT will be coming back to Seattle!!

Read up on the latest Dreams Come True Tour news!

When DCT comes back to Seattle, what's your preferance on a venue?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:05 am

The Paramount Theater
50%
The 5th Avenue Theater
No votes
The Moore Theater
50%
Safeco Field
No votes
Seahawks Stadium
No votes

Total votes: 2

CooLDsteR
DCTJoy Chibi

DCT will be coming back to Seattle!!

Post by CooLDsteR » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:05 am

...It's October 18, 2002. The Moore Theater doors opened @ 7:00 PM. I got there at...7:30 PM. The show....starts @ 8:00 PM.

It was so strange at first. I live in Seattle and I have certainly never seen so many Japanese people before. Many were from here, although I could tell several had been visiting. A lot of the visiting or "new-to-Seattle" Japanese guys had that "cool, rugged" Japanese appearance to them. The hair, clothes, posture, etc. 8) I knew I was a foreigner in this crowd. But the concert was nearing....getting exciting..!...-can't wait. It was crowded outside the theater on the sidewalk, an overflow of the people waiting inside the theater...

I'm in. It's quarter 'til 8 and it took me forever to find my seat. It was in the Left Box, Seat C 4 (Third row back on the front left!). Talk about facing the speakers. I'll be able to hear loud 'n clear.

The guest artist was done and the lounge music played once again...the suspense was awesome, exhilarating!

--And then, it happened. The mingling chatter eased while the lights dimmed, and when they stopped dimming, the 2000+ person crowd knew it was coming. The Stage lit eerily, giving you that suprising yet heart-throbbing optimism of a truly exciting act by Japan's greatest pop group-----Dreams Come True!

With everyone's eyes fixed on the stage's side entries, we were waiting for 2 people to walk out. First, Masato came out, slowly, absorbing all the screaming. Then after he reached his bass guitar, Miwa followed with a slow trott. And so the show began....

This was my first Japanese concert, for musical concert period, for that matter. So I didn't really recognize most of the songs, except It's All About Love and one with a bunch of la-la-la-la's in it. It made me happy though when they knew some english, Miwa and Masato. ..."Next time!"..."my Seattle Babies!"... :D

In between songs, people'd scream stuff, come laughs, DCT would reply, come laughs, and some smiles. Miwa even took this person's sign and stuck it in front of the center speaker.

Towards the end, man, it was insane! Especially for the encore!!--"clap.....clap....clap...clap..clap.clap.clap.clap.clap--then feet stomping!" Oh my gosh! They come back out!-OUTBURST! All this was followed with the mob crowded up near the front stage and the aisles, people handing Miwa all sorts of stuff, flowers, blown kisses, waves, screams, stuff to have autographs on (she signed several, too!), etc.

You just wait 'til they come back to Seattle. I can't wait.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: DCT will be coming back to Seattle!!

Post by Jei » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:30 am

CooLDsteR wrote:The guest artist was done and the lounge music played once again...the suspense was awesome, exhilarating!
Heh, lounge music. We had the 80s greatest hits in Vegas. It was a quick way of finding the older members of the crowd...seeing the heads bop and sway to Dexy's Midnight Runner's "Come On Eileen" :)
CooLDsteR wrote: All this was followed with the mob crowded up near the front stage and the aisles, people handing Miwa all sorts of stuff, flowers, blown kisses, waves, screams, stuff to have autographs on (she signed several, too!), etc.
Now that's what I'm talking about...a great crowd!
Enthusiastic enough to get the band to do more...:)
Would have loved to seen a the full 2000 in motion...^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/