Live 8 Japan

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Live 8 Japan

Post by nogizaka » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:26 pm

It appears that Fuji TV will finally broadcast the Live 8 Japan concert today (August 13) at 11:00 pm Tokyo time. I hope someone will be able to record the concert and make it available for download (I hope Fuji will actually air it this time).

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:57 pm

You can actually see some photos of DCT (2!) in Live 8 Japan at
phillyBurbs.com. Looks like Masa got a haircut...

Still no word on the concert broadcast, though.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:34 am

showtime.jp is making the live 8 japan broadcast available by performer. Unfortunately, it's pay-per-view, and DCT's set will not be available until October. Where's that Fuji TV broadcast?

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:46 am

Indeed...I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on the torrent circuit yet.... :(
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:40 pm

An official DVD from the Live 8 will be released sometime in November, according to the media.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... on=single1

Only Love Love Love made it somewhere on the 4th disc. :roll:

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:52 pm

nakoruru wrote:An official DVD from the Live 8 will be released sometime in November, according to the media.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... on=single1

Only Love Love Love made it somewhere on the 4th disc. :roll:
That's great news!
DCT's the only Japanese band to make the disc :)
(Who says doing English versions of songs wont pay off...)
Great to hear ^_^
-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:12 am

Just a reminder: The Live 8 DVD box set featuring DCT singing 'Love Love Love' comes out here in the states (and probably other places as well) this Tuesday.

-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:08 pm

Got the box set!

DCT gets mentioned in the packaging of the box itself :)

1) On the back where they list all the bands, Dreams Come True is listed in purple within the third set of names between 'Katherine Jenkins' and 'Bon Jovi'.
(Same size text as all the rest ^^)

2) There's a picture of Miwa (!!!) inside the box. Underneath the clear plastic where the DVDs are held is a montage of a number of the artists. On the third disc panel, in the bottom right corner (unobscured by the DVD) is a happy Miwa in the process of singing. :)
(And get this...directly above Miwa in the montage is....James Brown!)

The actual performance is an 'Extra' on the fourth disc, between 'Good Charlotte' and 'Bjork'. I originally wondered why any of the Japan performances would be considered an extra, especially considering Bjork's worldwide appeal (and the fact that some more obscure artists made the non-extra cut)..and then I saw how it was filmed.

There looks like there's a curtain at the very left/right edges of the screen (for all the Japan performances) that gives it a rather boxy feel. Also, some of shots are rather substandard in terms of focus, lighting, and camera positioning. (I'm no expert, but that's the first thing that came to mind while watching it...)

That being said, Miwa sang her heart out. :)
I've seen them perform the song a little better on one of the TV shows, but it was still very enjoyable. The power and the passion was still there...especially towards the end when she starts blowing people away ^^. The whole thing lasts about 3 1/2 minutes.

(And for you original version fans, the chorus at the end was all in Japanese ^^).

It looked like it was probably the same band from the Diamond 15 concerts (Rin got some screen time...Not sure about Koh...).
Miwa had her hair up in the semi-mowhak thing she's done before...Masa had a very closely shaved head (on the sides). Both were wearing white, and Miwa had some writing on the back (which I couldn't make out).

Was great to see the crowd singing along (with the chorus, anyway), with the sunflowers waving back and forth...^^

Hopefully, this'll be get more people here in the states interested...
(Just like with the Swan Princess...)
-Jay

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 pm

I'm delighted that Dreams Come True are on the DVD!

It was the first disc I stole from my friend when he had it! Well I say stole he said "You'll want Dreams Come True...." knows me too well!

Yea the quality of the Japanese concerts is dire compared to the rest. They also shot it in 4:3 whereas the other countries appear to be 16:9. Instead of putting a full frame on the dvd (which would have been better in my opinion) they slapped bars down the sides and made it widescreen ratio.

Yea! Where was Koh's screen time!? I could hear him playing out above it all tho, so, I'm forgiving.

Also was it me? Sure Masa was playing some wrong notes at one point in the song. Hadn't noticed Miwa on the packaging, Jei till you said! There she is, beaming!

Not bad at all!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:37 pm

I'll bet Fuji TV and showtime.jp have better quality images... I suppose Fuji sold showtime the rights to their filming, so who knows when or if they'll ever air it... Anyway, regardless of the format, DCT made it onto the DVD, which is all for the good.