DCT on iTunes America!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

DCT on iTunes America!

Post by Jei » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:26 pm

Hey folks,

A DCT song finally appeared on the iTunes US store :)

"Eternity" :)
(from 'The Swan Princess Soundtrack')

Love it!
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:52 pm

And if you haven't seen the video for this song, it's well worth the time searching for an old VCR copy of the movie (sadly not on the DVD version, as Jei has already mentioned)- wonderful!

The movie's kind of cute, too...

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:35 am

I have got to this video, if anyone is interested drop me a note. It was indeed worth the work to get a copy. I just can't upload it to that site 'cause both my accounts were deleted. :roll:

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:35 pm

seed it and I'll pick it up thru JPS.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:14 am

thanks! Lyrics and voicing not quite as taut as the original, but any video is always nice.

Funny how 'love' is easy to say in Japanese but impossible for Japanese to say in English . . . I got UA's live album recently and she tried to cover Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love" . . .

FinalBeyond
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by FinalBeyond » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:47 pm

While not actually DCT performing, I've found an instrumental (music box style) cover of Yasashii Kiss O Shite on the England version of iTunes. I randomly searched Yasashii, and there it was.

tokyophoto
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by tokyophoto » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

I just discovered this version -- I never knew "Signs of Love" had an English version!

The video was really magical -- I wonder if it will be on the Blu Ray release?

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 pm

'Eternity' was actually recorded first; if you look at the track list for the album 'Delicious,' you will see 'The Signs of LOVE' subtitled Eternity "Delicious" version. The lyrics are also different, so they are two different songs with the same tune.

tokyophoto
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by tokyophoto » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I went to my used video shop and picked up 2 copies of the Swan Princess VHS. (with old VHS copies, you never know if there will be damage)

The first one did not have the DCT video. (There's also supposed to be a Children's Safety message after the credits, too.)

Luckily, the second copy had the music video, and it's so great to see the video on a TV instead of just on PC.

What impressed me was the production scale -- that was an expensive video to produce, so they really were not playing around with their attempt to break into the American market.
nogizaka wrote:'Eternity' was actually recorded first; if you look at the track list for the album 'Delicious,' you will see 'The Signs of LOVE' subtitled Eternity "Delicious" version. The lyrics are also different, so they are two different songs with the same tune.
Puffy Amiyumi did the same thing for a few of their USA CD releases, too.

p.s.
It took me a few times before I caught that Miwa snuck in a direct mention of the band name: "...and now I know that Dreams Come True..."

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 am

For those that haven't seen, it looks like all of DCT's post-Epic albums ("Sing or Die" and after) & some of the singles are available on the American version of iTunes...check it out :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/