Puffy! Puffy!! Puffy!!!

The place for general talk about all other JPop groups and related things
sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Puffy! Puffy!! Puffy!!!

Post by sdankoehler » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:51 pm

Well, as much as DCT's performance at the Fillmore was charged with emotion, Puffy's was charged with ENERGY! That's about the best way I can describe it...a major sugar rush!

They really know how to work a crowd.

Let me start out by saying the place was packed, and yes, I was first in line...and in the front row again! The problem is, the Fillmore put up a 3 foot metal barracade in front of the stage so no one could get close enough for them to reach out to you. I hope this is not a new Fillmore policy. If you can get no closer than that, you might as well go to a concert at a big stadium, although I must say this crowd was a bit on the crazy side.

I never realized how much of a hard-core style Puffy had live. The cutest moments were when they had to read their english messages off a piece of paper and appologize repeatedly for their english. Maybe they should take lessons from Masa...:p

What impressed me the most is that they brought their Japanese touring band with them and did not use a local group to back them up. They were all trying to introduce themselves in english, and it made for some comical moments.

As for what songs they played, my knowledge of Puffy is not much...I just know...oh that's a song I like, and I recognize it, or, that's a new one. They did play Teen Titans and True Asia, which got the crowd jumping up and down wildly.

Yumi had her hair dyed green and cut short. It was really cute! Ami, was just plain HOT! Her hair was quite long, dyed slightly brown.

Their cartoon network show "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi" starts November 18. They opened the show with the theme song from it. I must say I was quite surprised at the size of their non-asian following. Perhaps if this cartoon does well, Americans may be seeing more of them.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:33 pm

well damn, wish I woulda gone then...

certainly can't complain about the ticket costs, and it's always nice to spend the afternoon in J-town. What time did you show up at the flagpole?

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:01 pm

I showed up at the flagpole at about 4:00 PM. I was the only one there for a while, but I got to see them arrive. I think they were a bit surprised to see an American first in line. They gave me what I can best describe as an "interesting" look. I couldn't really read their expression well.

For those of you interested, the new cartoon on Cartoon Network about Puffy now has a website with clips, and audio of Puffy.

http://www.hihipuffy.com

The show is called Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.