DCT on Bokura no Ongaku

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

DCT on Bokura no Ongaku

Post by nakoruru » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:28 pm

I just discovered that DCT performed on Bokura no Ongaku:

http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... s&id=16935

Yay! :D :D :D

I also know they will (did?) perform on Music Fair but I don't think the show is going to be uploaded to JPOP Suki. Hopefully I'll grab it on WinMX...

Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by Kohaku » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:45 pm

I saw that today. They had performed Kessen wa Kinyoubi, Nandodemo, and Memai. All in three different places. The place where Memai was performed at I liked a lot. A nice looking area.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:33 am

I just watched the show. There is a terrific interview with Miwa and Masa! :)

They performed the full version of Memai, what a powerful song. Gotta LOOOOOVE those long notes! :D Kessen wa Kinyoubi was terrific as usual so was Nando Demo. Great performances, the arrangement for the songs was very nice. All the gang was there, Rin, that MC guy, those two dancers...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:54 am

The MC guy is the same guy who at the end of "go for it" sez :'Hey honey let's watch Monty Python' etc?

Seems like they're trying to go for more of a TK sound, with a stronger male voice underneath Miwa's.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 am

tachikaze wrote:The MC guy is the same guy who at the end of "go for it" sez :'Hey honey let's watch Monty Python' etc?
Heh, nah....that was Mike Pela ^^
(Wonder what happened to him...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 am

Put 'Mike Pela ' into your search engine and you'll see he's still quite busy as a producer and engineer on a variety of projects. I was sorry to see him go when DCT switched labels, especially considering the outcome of the label switch (only one U.S. release allowed). As part of the DCT 'family' on the early and middle period albums, he helped give that music a certain feel which I like very much. He also was open to doing whatever was necessary to support Miwa and Masa's ideas- instrumentals, backing vocals, voiceovers. I know that's what a good producer is supposed to be able to contribute to an album, but everything just seemed to work very well with him on board. Perhaps I don't feel that 'warmth' on the newer albums (although I enjoy them very much). Again, that 'family' atmosphere the music lost when the band broke with Sony.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:08 pm

On this week's Bokura no Ongaku, DCT made a collaboration with BoA. From the screen shots I was able to figure that Miwa and BoA sang Love Love Love. :D I'm still downloading the file:

http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... d&id=17098

I will post more details later.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:48 pm

It was an AMAZING performance. I agree with Miwa "kanpeki" alright! :D I'm not a big BoA fan but she has a nice voice. Both of them nailed the song, it was a perfect! :D

I have seen Miwa performing Love Love Love with ELT on CDTV and also with Aiko in a concert but this duet with BoA was by far the best. :) I wish Misia would sing Love x3 with Miwa sometime...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:56 pm

yes, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of BoA's rendition, her tremulo or whatever added a dimension to the sound that Miwa actually lacks.

I also liked the HD-quality cap. I could toss my TV if I get more of this.

I'm actually peering this torrent right now, serving 40KB/s :)

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:06 pm

They did blend quite well together...and I have to say that after a second week of watching the show that I LOVE the show's choices for performance set selection...all about mood, baby :)

Also great to see so many young singers looking up towards Miwa & DCT... :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:16 am

It's a shame that Love love love isn't a song where they could show the best of their voices. However, BoA did well. It's good to know that BoA is a fan of them!
I wish Misia would sing Love x3 with Miwa sometime...
That would be great, but it'd have to be in a concert.... Like when they sang I miss you in a Misia concert...