DWL 2007 on WOWOW?!

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

DWL 2007 on WOWOW?!

Post by sdankoehler » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Check out Masa's blog! It says something about WOWOW! and something about DWL 2007. Are they airing the concert on TV? These are the times when my poor Japanese skills really get under my nerves!

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Yes. I think it's mentioned in the free pamphlet that was given away at the
concerts, that points to this web page http://www.wowow.co.jp/live/dct/
Oh and Nakoruru mentioned that she had read it somewhere as well.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:25 pm

I read it on some news article, indeed the show will air on WOWOW in December. No official date was given just yet. But I remember the day after The Love Rocks aired on WOWOW, the official date for the DVD release was on the official website.

However since I'm not patient at all :lol: I will ask around on JPS if someone might be kind enough to record this for us. Tomoo shared both D15 and TLRs tour there, I will check if he is still around...

Dorikam Fan
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Dorikam Fan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:03 am

as kudou highlighted and i also checked at Wowow website, the DWL2007 concert at Tokyo will be aired at Wowow on Dec15th, 4pm.

i m currently trying to determine whether Wowow has an online broadcast so tat we can also see it..... espacially since we culd not see it live.....

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:42 am

Dorikam Fan wrote:i m currently trying to determine whether Wowow has an online broadcast so tat we can also see it..... espacially since we culd not see it live.....
I was at the concert...:) Trust me it is worth seeing, and I cannot wait to see it again on TV or DVD!

Dorikam Fan
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Dorikam Fan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:03 pm

wow.... :shock: u mean tat u actually went to c them.
urayamashii naa... i mean i feel a bit jealous coz u were able to experience the concert in its full blown extravaganza....

i m sure it was entertaining and fulfilling especially for a fan !

.......now if i can only find a way to watch that satellite broadcast ... hhmmm...

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:32 pm

watching & seeding it now . . .

beginning to think it's time to clone Miwa and Masa. . . so the originals can train them up for DCT WL 2035 and beyond . . .

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 pm

tachikaze wrote:watching & seeding it now . . .

beginning to think it's time to clone Miwa and Masa. . . so the originals can train them up for DCT WL 2035 and beyond . . .
I can think of just about a dozen other things I would rather do to one of their clones but it might just be my dirty mind in action. ;)

I have seen the concert only once so far. One more reason to hate the holiday season I suppose, but I can honestly say I can think of ONE thing that was better in any previous Wonderland concert. However I had the most interesting experience that in certain moments thru the concert, my mind would start playing their performance in some other Wonderland concert. :) I guess that was my way of really comparing everything. But it was bigger and better, to put it into simple words.

I was blown away by the new arrangements. I loved the synth bass, also the fact it was mixed loud enough to be heard. Everyone, each and every member of the band was amazing. I officially name Shige and Keita the best dancers DCT has ever worked with, those guys actually do add something to the performances. All that have been said at the moment I need to watch it again, many MANY times before I can say anything else. ;)

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:48 pm

finished my first viewing . . . preformance-wise it was top-rate. Looks like I chose the right show to get tickets for . . . too bad I cheaped out and didn't go!

'95 had the horses, the music perfectly timed to the sunset twilight, the introduction of what I think of as "Sexy Miwa", and the hanabi break for Ano-natsu . . . impossible to top that, only match it really.

like I said before with the Love Rocks tour, they really solved the dancer problem . . . Yoshimura was looking damn hot throughout . . . one idea I had watching this (immediately before the cloning idea) was that Miwa could "hand-off" lead-person duties to Naomi, and later Masa could find a younger bassist dude to hand off his role to, preserving DCT as an ongoing music-making institution . . .

I've forgotten if I've asked Dan this, but Dan, if you're reading this, if you had to choose one show to go to, in the back at the WL2007 or front-row at the 2002 show, which would you choose now?

IMO I can get a good, if not better sometimes, feel for the event from the DVD, while having Miwa sing 5-10 feet from us for an hour was simply unrepeatable.

At the end of the encore but before the band presentation, Miwa said that "4 years from now we're going to try hard to be able to do this again . . .", not the most sure way to word that sentiment . . .

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 am

Before replacing Miwa, Naomi will need a voice transplant.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:48 am

nogizaka wrote:Before replacing Miwa, Naomi will need a voice transplant.
I couldn't agree more BUT I think Tachikaze is talking about LOVE which looks a lot like Naomi only that she sounds a lot better. Her actual name is Fukiko Nakamura, she was the singer of Core of Soul who recently is releasing on DCT's label. She was the back singer on DWL 2007.

However, even if you find a great voice... you simply cannot replace the composing talent both Miwa and Masa have.

I always thought of DWL 99 Winter as the best DCT concert out there. Though there are moments like Sweet x3 and Namida o Tataketteru together, also Mikazuki which I will simply never forget that performance... I still do think DWL 2007 topped all that.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:58 am

I'm glad to see so many people are enjoying the concert...I'm even hearing such accolades from non-DCT fans too :)

I'll be curious to see how much of each venue they used for it when the DVD comes out. ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:59 pm

I stand corrected! I was just going by their looks.

Miwa and Masa are certainly unique, but not necessarily unsurpassable. Not that I want DCT to go on without them, but I do think it would be an interesting experiment should the sufficiently talented and driven people make themselves known.

[I got this idea when watching "Love" seemingly put more energy into the concert than Miwa]