Winter Fantasia aired on WOWOW

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Winter Fantasia aired on WOWOW

Post by nakoruru » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:48 pm

After a crazy day at work, I had a bit of free time so I ended up reading Masa's blog on the computer there. Only then I realized Winter Fantasia already aired on WOWOW. I didn't even get a chance to ask the guys at JPS to record it for us.

Good news is that popular streamed video site came to the rescue. Search for the user hdmdnotaka to watch the videos. I'm downloading them to my HD because they might be erased soon. I haven't watched it yet and probably won't have time tonight. It is already quite late and I need to sleep. :?

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 am

I think all those videos have been removed from that user but not the credits and other people have tried to post videos from that concert they got deleted because of copyright claims= This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by WOWOW, Inc.

There was also wonderland 95 on youtube a few weeks ago removed in 2 days should of downloaded it. Ahwell

The most recent video that user posted was a live version of nandodemo but there was no video just a pic of masa holding his bass and after nanadodemo finished you can hear the crowd clapping and singing the end to love love love.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Boy, I'm glad I took the time to download these videos! I knew they wouldn't last too long up but I didn't expect them to be removed in less than a day. Not to worry though, I have already sent it to JPS if anyone feels like watching it. :)

I didn't watch it on purpose. I wanna wait for this long weekend ahead of me (4 days at home!!! Hooray!) to enjoy it properly. I love their winter songs so I can't wait to watch it. I'm curious to hear Tsurette Tsurette and Middle of Nowhere live but Pride Nante Shiranai is one of my all time favorites. I can't wait to hear it live as well! ^^

It will be released as the limited edition DVD of DCT's new album. So we should have a good quality copy of this concert up in no time. I also think it is available on Utatane by now...

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:46 am

Just looked on JPS nakoruru, any reason you didn't grab the HD version of the files off that popular streamed video site?

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Spaceman wrote:Just looked on JPS nakoruru, any reason you didn't grab the HD version of the files off that popular streamed video site?
Lack of sleep would be my best bet. Seriously, I totally forgot there is such thing at that website now. Bummer! :x EDIT: Double bummer! I don't know why the quality is SO slow...

Oh. My. God. :shock: Did you guys see it yet? Good lord. I don't know how Miwa and Masa can possibly improve their live performances after The Love Rocks and DWL 2007 but heck, hello! Yikes. Geez! :shock: They did it, again.

I gonna pre-order the new album to get this concert. I was going to save money because I spent a lot on tickets for Kraftwerk's gig next month but no way. I gotta have this concert in DVD, I JUST HAVE GOT TO BUY IT. Which reminds me that if I ever get a chance to go to Japan see them, I would definitely go see one of these off-tours like DCT Garden lives. I gotta put on JPS their DCT Garden 2001 concert so you guys will know what I mean.

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:54 am

I have to agree, it was a wonderful performance and Pride Nante Shiranai is also one of my favorites as well :D

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:34 pm

I have only one thing to say: Miwa and drums on Carnaval... I don't wanna spoil it to those who didn't watch the concert. But she really rocks! ^^

"Tsuretette Tsuretette" gets back to DCT's electronic music roots from their first albums. It is so SO good it almost makes my head explode. In a good way!

Their (awesome) performance of "Fuyu Zanmai ni wa Mada Tooi" gave me an idea: someday they should make a concert to play only these tunes they rarely play live. I would love to listen to "Emerald no Yowami", "Escape", "Kakusereta Kyouki"...

* Reminds me that I have a theory that "Escape" is actually a left over from Sonic's soundtrack.

Finally, I had no idea David T's music was so awesome. I totally suck at figuring out music styles but it reminds me of Keiko Matsui's smooth jazz songs. Masa rocked on his bass on this one and Miwa sang in English. What else could we ask for? ^^

Another thing, am I the only one singing "PANASONIC" while watching Middle of Nowhere? ;)

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:46 am

I liked the drum part with Miwa and drums on carnaval as well, Talking about there electronic roots I really like there old sound and really like there first album for some reason.
"Fuyu Zanmai ni wa Mada Tooi" Never heard that song does anybody know what cd it's from, Escape I love that song and I do like Emerald no Yowami as well.

Reminds me that I have a theory that "Escape" is actually a left over from Sonic's soundtrack = What's your theory lol :P
Aparently David t Walkers style is jazz/fusion I may be wrong though Well I know I wasn't singing Panasonic while middle of nowhere was playing lol.

Also The last thing I have to say about this concert other than it was great is I liked the parts where Masa like spoke in english like on the carnaval drums part Masa said something Like Miwa whoo yeah simple touches like that I find cool and what do you think of that mc Marcellus D. Nealy do you like him or can he be annoying I have mixed opinions of him.

I don't hate him that's all and if you think this is good then how will there 20th anniversary concert be hope they play some older songs they don't play live as much and going even further into the future how will there next wonderland be for some reason I want to hear them play approach live.

Anyways Great concert :P

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:35 am

One of my favorite parts is the return of the original Love Love Love! That was AWESOME!

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:42 am

Johnny wrote:"Fuyu Zanmai ni wa Mada Tooi" Never heard that song does anybody know what cd it's from,
Fuyu Zanmai ni wa Mada Tooi is on the Magic album

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:04 pm

My theory about "Escape" is that Masa composed the song for Sonic, it was never used on the game so it ended up as a filler in their album. Sonic 2 has a song on it that was never used on the game but you can hear it on the option menu. It is obvious that he composed more tracks than were used though...

Speaking of Escape live... I cannot get enough of their old school techno-ish sound. Too good to be true.

Oh, it also reminds me I miss Rinko. I mean they found good singers to replace her but none of them reaches her level IMHO.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Oh thanks Spaceman it's a song they don't perform live much I wonder if they have footage of supporting concerts for the old albums like i know they had a concert for most albums.

The original love love love oh cool, Oh a possible left over sonic 1 song hmm hope drx of hidden-palace.org finds and dumps a sonic 1 prototype rom one day one can only hope.

Yeah he would of composed more tracks than needed and talking about that track in sonic 2 which is unused 10 in the soundtest that is similiar to the special stage music of sonic 1 because the level that track was used for hiddden palace was where sonic learned about the emeralds but they scraped it due to time restraints.

OMG do you have a clip of escape live I really like that song and the bit near the end where miwa goes whoo. Oh rinko shes classic on wonderland 2003 when masa shows off each musicians talents like nirz ect. and when he called rin up he said Super Vocals or Vocal lol.

On an unrealted note I like how japanese go crazy for example look at the japanese advert for sonic spinball the man on the add goes after speaking in Jap american funky action lol maybe crazy english words sell products reminds me of the site www.engrish.com visit there I think most of it will be worksafe but some of it isn't it's typical site but yeah.

Also that escape live video is cool and is takahiro plaing some keyboard there lol I was looking for the second keyboardist in the backround.
That was in 2001 so Takahiro left a year later looking forward to seeying dct perform some of there older songs especially ones we rarely hear live.

Well I'm going peace lol which is coincidently a name of a DCT song.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:25 pm

My favorite would have to be 'Yasumi no Uta,' which was a nice surprise on a "Winter Songs" concert. I also enjoyed 'Love Letter' and 'Fuyu Zanmai ni wa Mada Tooi,' but the original versions are hard to beat.

Miwa kicking her cymbal on 'CARNAVAL' was a nice touch- soccer style! Haven't seen something like that since Keith Moon...