M-Sute

What TV show is Dreams Come True appearing on this week?
tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

M-Sute

Post by tachikaze » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 pm

so I'm watching the 1000 SP music station and in the hatsu dojo section, #203/1000 shows DCT in the background seats, but they blurred out Nishikawa's head!

That's harsh!

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:10 am

It's a bit harsh I also read but don't have a source and have heard rumours why he left but one was when DCT tried to break into America he and mike pela who worked with DCT in the sony days they didn't fit in with the groups image and they tried to americanise DCT ala masa was known as king masa ect.

" On April 1, 1996, they released Love Unlimited, which would be their final album for Sony Music. News of their departure would cause Sony Music shares to drop severely on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.[5] They later signed with Virgin Music America and Toshiba-EMI in Japan, due to that label's promises to break the group into the American market--something Sony was unwilling to do. Their first album under the new contract, Sing Or Die (a title that half-jokingly described the band's relationship with their former label, according to Nakamura), was released in an English-language version, but received very little promotion and even less airplay. It would be the band's final album as a trio, and Takahiro Nishikawa would depart the band shortly after its release. Sing or Die was Virgin's only attempt to penetrate the American market, and its failure would taint the band's future relationship with that label.

Part of the failure of the Virgin-DCT relationship can be laid at the label's attempt to renovate the band into something the American audiences could relate to. Miwa dropped her last name, Nakamura became "King Masa," but Nishikawa remained the same, and only received a passing mention on Sing or Die's liner notes. Musically, the album veered away from the classic DCT formula and deeper into the hip-hop dance theme begun on Delicious and Love Unlimited. The combination was not well-received by American audiences, nor DCT's legion of loyal Japanese fans.

There are conflicting accounts concerning Nishikawa's departure. Nishikawa himself states both he and longtime DCT producer Mike Pela were forced out by Virgin because they didn't fit into the label's makeover for the band. However, he also adds that prior to that, he hadn't been touring with DCT for some time, which supports the official account. At present, there seems to be little chance of Nishikawa playing with his former bandmates ever again.

Following Nishikawa's departure from DCT, he was arrested for assault and drug possession, but received a suspended sentence. However, a second arrest for possession in 2006 netted the musician prison time. Both Yoshida and Nakamura have declined to comment on their former bandmate's legal problems, other than to wish him well. "

from wikipedia bad source I know lol, wall of text a bit rude but I think nishikawa is going okay has his own bar and makes his own music and is a dj and yeah havent read much else about him but I think he's cleaned up his act but I know this sounds harsh what did he really do with the band when he wasn't playing keyboard backing vocals and hes listed engineer under song titles on love unlimited album notes and manipulation for another album I'm confused lol wish somebody would interview him.

Maybe virgin didn't like him and his eyebrow ring lol he did change his haircolour to black.

also look at this cool picture on the bar reboot blog has glowing stuff with a niehya sign looks cool

http://www.bar-reboot.jp/blog/

Image <<<< Niehya sign under glowing plant thingos lol

Image << cool glowing thing, sorry about the size
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:54 am

Something to keep in mind, Niha was part of the band 2 albums (3 years) after Sing or Die, so you should take that story with a grain of salt... ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 am

Well theres no source linking to an article and what you mentioned as well he was around till around monkey girl oddeysey.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)