New version of Sweet Sweet Sweet. (Sonic Next-Gen)

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

New version of Sweet Sweet Sweet. (Sonic Next-Gen)

Post by Kohaku » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:03 pm

It's said here that a new version of Sweet Sweet Sweet will be on the Next-Gen Sonic game!! It's called "Sweet Sweet Sweet -06 AKON MIX-" with American artist "AKON" doing the arrangement and new vocals are done.

I'm really happy about this! I didn't expect to see something like this. lol

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:29 pm

Is masa actually working on this new version? I read somewhere that he was?

To be honest, I'd love to see him write the whole score - I think it would be fitting with sonic being 15 and this being the next gen of Sonic game...

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:16 pm

Sorry, I posted that in excitement of reading the news! almost a month late.... anyway!

You can hear a snippet of the new version on the trailer to be found here:
http://sonic.sega.jp/sonic/movie_02.html

- James

BTW - It's in the last section of the trailer, from about 1:28

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

wow this is great news. I agree James as you will recall I too think it fitting for Masa to do a sonic arrangement again.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:09 pm

I was just checking thru this link Masa posted on the blog that in February the Sonic soundtrack will be released with vocals made by some US artist. There goes down the drain my dream of hearing Miwa singing Starlight Zone theme... :x Just think about it! Or Sky Chase <- add some sad lyrics to this melody and you get yourself a fine ballad!

BUT the good news is, on the same day a BGM instrumental collection is going to be released obviously with Masa's awesome songs from both Sonic games. I think I gonna have to pull this off and buy the darn thing. Being a huge Sonic fan so I must have it. :lol:

Rudy
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Rudy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:54 pm

For those of you whom seek to purchase the Sonic the Hedgehog Soundtrack and Vocal Tracks, I have found a site that has them available for pre-order:

Sonic the Hedgehog Original Soundtrack

Sonic the Hedgehog Vocal Trax: Several Wills

So far, the only song I have heard of that was performed by Dreams Come True was Sweet Sweet Sweet/Sweet Dream -06 AKON MIX-. The other songs on the vocal track is from different artists.

Still, this is definately a sign for possible good things to come, as Dreams Come True has finally been able to perform a song for the Sonic games in 14 years now. :)

I am really hoping that Dreams Come True will perhaps use other Sonic music for their songs.