The Love Rocks concert on DVD!!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

The Love Rocks concert on DVD!!

Post by Kohaku » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Right here!. The concert is coming to DVD!! On the same day as Kyou Dake wa is released. The Limited Edition will contain the main DVD, a DVD with a DCT-TV Special and there will also be a CD with it that contains the Jazz Mix of Love Love Love. The regular edition is just the DVD.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Gold! The end of November keeps getting better :)

Specs:

Dreams Come True Concert Tour 2006 The Love Rocks (DVD)
(Release: November 29th)

Limited Edition
ID Number: UPBH-9275
Price: 5,250 yen
(Extras: "Love Love Love ~ English Version Jazz Mix ~" CD, DVD of a "DCT-TV SPECIAL" and a LIVE Photo Book)

Regular Edition
ID Number: UPBH-1198
Price: 3,990 yen

Additional: The sound of live DVD is mastered by Mr. Vlado Meller, who is a well known mastering engineer at Sony Music Studio in NY, for both 2 and 5.1 channels.
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:19 pm

DCT's released an excellent extra long sample of the concert video on DCT-TV:

http://www.dctgarden.com/dct-tv/dct/13.html

nakoruru...I think you may be right... :)
-Jay

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:19 pm

Jei wrote:nakoruru...I think you may be right... :)
"I'm always right!" :lol: :wink:

So you guys don't get lost, I wrote to Jei thinking he had watched the concert and I asked him "could it be the best DCT concert of all times?". Happens he didn't watch it yet. He has a lot more patience than I do and is waiting for the DVD to come out. :D

Just wait until you see Memai, I think you will agree with me. Now I'm sure this is in fact the best DCT concert to date. They have reached a whole new level when it comes to playing live. It's kind of amazing because I never thought they could top WL 95 or WL 99 Fuyu. But they did alright!

Wonderland 2007 has all the momentum it needs to be... THE concert. Mark my words. It's going to be a historic moment for DCT.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:02 am

The Jacket!

-Jay

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:14 am

FYI: The pages for both editions are up (including pics of both versions):

Limited Edition:
http://www.dctjoy.com/dreamscometrue/vi ... imited.php

Regular Edition:
http://www.dctjoy.com/dreamscometrue/vi ... egular.php

I dig both of the covers ^^
-Jay

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:01 am

I just wanted to let you guys know that MUCH to my surprise/desperation the limited edition of this DVD is not longer available on YesAsia's nor HMV's site. :shock:

As usual YesAsia did NOT clear my credit card and just like the last time it took more than two weeks. Why would I remember to use my brother's credit card in the first place? So I got an email yesterday my order was cancelled. When I was going to place it again with my brother's credit card... WHERE'S THE DVD??? :cry:

Fortunately CDJapan still has it. I placed the order but I paid USD $9 in shipping and I might have to pay customs taxes as well. :cry: I ended up ordering Moshimo Yuki Nara again from YesAsia.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:08 pm

WL95 is still tops for me, but I do think this tour solved the dancer issue.

The '99 dancers were just too "gay" (in the 'happy' sense); the '95 dancers were just too goofy (even Sae . . . her work on Suki was completely awesome but otherwise, meh).

The choreography on Jet! is simply perfect. The "moonwalk-wo dekisou!" move just slays me.

I also appreciate the stripper-pole direction Miwa is taking with her work :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 pm

tachikaze wrote:WL95 is still tops for me, but I do think this tour solved the dancer issue.
I agree. Besides, thinking back of all concerts they did without dancers e.g. WL 2003, Diamond 15, SoD... I think Miwa is more confortable with dancers around. This new concert not only solved the dancer issue but it also made me like the MC guy! :lol:

While browsing on Yahoo Japan Auctions I came across these:

Regular edition cover

The DVD itself looks great! :)

I LOVED the Limited Edition cover! :)

There is about 40 minutes of footage on the extra DVD.

^ Is this design awesome or is it just me?

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:10 am

THE LOVE ROCKS CONCERT IS ON #1 ON ORICON DAILY!!! THIS REALLY REALLY MADE MY DAY!!!

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dm/d/

I will have a happiness overload here... :D

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:49 am

FYI: The Concert Tour DVD ended up #1 on the music DVD chart and #2 on the overall DVD chart in it's first week. :)

nakoruru...prepare yourself for the photobook that comes with the DVD. Too much Masa for you to handle ;D

I got a big kick out the map of Miwa making salad on the DCT-TV special DVD....a different regional salad each time they performed Anata ni Salad :)
(There's so much more on that special DVD...my poor Japanese can't handle it :P )

The concert itself comes tomorrow ^^
-Jay

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:44 am

Jei wrote:FYI: The Concert Tour DVD ended up #1 on the music DVD chart and #2 on the overall DVD chart in it's first week. :)
I'm surprised since the concert aired on TV and all. But I couldn't be happier, it is an awesome concert. I watched Wonderland 99 Fuyu tonight, I had forgotten how great this concert is...
Jei wrote:nakoruru...prepare yourself for the photobook that comes with the DVD. Too much Masa for you to handle ;D
That's all I wanted to hear! :D Now, there is still hope it will get here today! *fingers crossed*
Jei wrote:I got a big kick out the map of Miwa making salad on the DCT-TV special DVD....a different regional salad each time they performed Anata ni Salad :)
I can't wait to watch the DCT-TV special! It was indeed very amusing to see on the concert! I wasn't able to sub this because I didn't understand which places she said, other than Tokyo Tower. :P

I can't wait to hear your thoughts about the concert! ^^

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:05 am

The best talks from the concerts on the special DVD are gold! GOLD! So many funny things but one in special cracked me up:

I think it was the concert in Hiroshima they were talking about the very first concert they ever made. Someone in the crowd had a tape of that, Masa said they should NOT watch it by all means! :lol: So they were saying they played three songs, the crowd was cheering but they had no idea who they were. By the time they played the last song which Miwa thinks is Anata ni Aitakute the crowd was wild, waving and going "WHO ARE THEY?" :lol:

Worse of all, I have seen this tape on Yahoo Japan. :cry: If only I had a disposable income... there is a tape of a concert from 86 that Masa was a session musician for some singer I can't read the kanji from her name. If only I could get it...

Anyway, I need to watch it again because there is like 20 minutes or so worth of these talks.

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:34 pm

I had to watch it again to remember another one that cracked me up: they did the concert in Hiroshima, it was Miwa's birthday. She was overcome with emotion and she was crying so Masa told the audience "tonight she is turning 59!" and then someone came to her later and said "I had no idea you were 59!" :lol:

There is too much stuff in these talks. Oh my! I just wish Miwa would talk slower! I will need to watch again to see if I can catch anything else.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:04 am

Finally got a chance to sit down without my mind focused elsewhere...give some time to the DVD. ^^

Sorry nakoruru :)
I'd still place 99 Winter at the top, but this is certainly the best of the non-Wonderland concerts. I impressed as to how polished it was...in every sense of the word. From the directing to the camera work to the dancing to the music itself. Very much a show from serious professionals. ^^

Miwa's come soooo far in her dancing. It's great to see her move so effortlessly along with Shige & Keita. And yeah...the stripper pole was a pleasant surprise. ;)

It still amazes me how easily they can win me over when performing live, even when it's a song I didn't dig originally. Loved the performances of "Jet!" and acoustic "Yasashii kiss o shite". Forgot where I was for a while...:)

Need to watch is again....^^

(Side Note: Dug Miwa's initial white outfit...loved seeing dem gams... ^_-)
-Jay