Winter Fantasia in Tokyo

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Winter Fantasia in Tokyo

Post by nogizaka » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:20 pm

DCT Winter Fantasia in Tokyo will take place at the Yurakucho Seibu's "Marion" building, which houses the beauty and fashion pavilions. It will feature a Winter Fantasia Cafe with special menu items, an illumination tree, and a photo display. My wife and I will get to Tokyo just in time to check it out. Report to follow!

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:00 pm

I should have made this report a long time ago, but my schedule and the somewhat scaled-down nature of the exhibit has seen me shuffle it aside on several occaisions. I do have some pictures, though, and at least one interesting story that goes along with them, so I will finally go ahead. To see the pictures, please go to:

http://groups.msn.com/diamond15avatar

001, 002, 003: are all attempts to get a good view of the Winter Fantasia Illumination Tree, which played 'Moshimo yuki nara'. Probably a bit more impressive at night.

004: The Winter Fantasia Cafe, which was mobile, as you can see, and disappointing enough that we didn't try the special menu.

The entrance to each level of the store had a series of photos from different points in DCT's career- most of which we had already seen in one form or other. I really didn't know what to expect from this Winter Fantasia, but I had hoped for more...

006, 007: ...but later on that day, we finally found Cor Blimey! (with the help of the map I should've printed from their online site before the last time we went around in circles looking for it)! As you can see, it would be pretty hard to find without a map of some kind- small and tucked away underground. Inside, we met a man at the counter who did not tell us his name, but did tell us that his wife was Miwa's hairstylist, that they were good friends with Miwa and Masa, and that they visited with them regularly. He didn't tell us anything startling (I imagine fans go there often and ask questions), but talked freely with us until we asked if he knew Niehya. Then he became rather guarded, and we decided it was better not to pursue that line any further. He remained friendly, though, and asked if we wanted to leave a message for Miwa and Masa. We wrote messages in English and Japanese on a clipboard, asking them to please tour the U.S. again soon, like maybe Washington, D.C.! I also wrote down my e-mail address (we haven't heard from them). I took a look at the "What Mee Mee Wants" merchandise, and after much deliberation, purchased a tie- a rather expensive tie, but you only live once.

Sorry I waited so long to post this, but I find myself spending most of my free time trying to recuperate from my close to overwhelming work schedule. I would love to post some of the POWER PLANT interviews I've received, but between my wife's schedule and mine, we just can't find enough time for translation and transcription at this point. Maybe later...