Mirai Yosozu II ~English Version~

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
Kohaku
DCTJoy 24/7

Mirai Yosozu II ~English Version~

Post by Kohaku » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:54 pm

There is now an English Version of Mirai Yosozu II. It's going to be a CM song to the Honda Odyssey car starting on September 1st.

CM info here.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:34 pm

I have seen that add on youtube 15 secs long can't wait too see the english version released but for some reason I prefer the japanese version but the thing is I don't know the meanings of the mirai yosouzu songs but I think there about love between two people and stuff.

But I like mirai 1 and 2 especially 2 even though I like part 1 oh what the hell I like them both.
Masa and Miwa and Takahiro too
now a duo dreams come true. :)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Guys, the 30 sec version is up on YouTube! It is going to be one of their best English songs if not THE best! I feel like their English songs are a hit or miss kind of thing. Either they turn out amazing like "See You in My Dreams" or
strange like "Another Day Without You" - despite the fact I absolutely love "Asa Ga Mata Kuru", I simply cannot like its English version.

I gonna make one bold future prediction here: I think Mirai Yosouzu II in English will be released on the limited edition DVD of DWL 2007. :)

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:16 pm

nakoruru, how do we find the 30-second version? All I can find is the Japanese '07 version.

'See You in My Dreams' works so well because it is a standard jazz rhythm- the "ad lib jazz cymbal beat" as my "Jazz Around the Drums" book told me. 'Another Day Without You' is tougher because it is about as good as you can do with a translation of the lyrics, although I wish they wouldn't have substituted 'taxicabs' for 'bicycles'- my wife and I think that we will probably both be killed by bicyclists in Tokyo while walking.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:24 am

I think bicycles was changed to taxicabs because it was the world wide version and I dunno americanise it like the english version of Tokyo atlas is called New York Altas.

And also miwa I think likes new york like in Song of Joy worldwide version video clip was shot there and moshimo yuki nara video clip I just wish they would release some of there old classic hits in english. Translation may be a problem and it seems hit and miss I guess I would like to see songs like "Kessen wa Kinyoubi" , "Eyes to Me", "Haretara ii Ne" , "Ureshi Hazukashi Asagaeri", " Love Goes On"
could name more its just how they would sound and would they change how it sounds.

Ala ureshii tanoshii dasuki english version I like how it sounded and it reminded me of the 15th aniversary version a bit but i wish it sounded like the japanese version the music with the whole synths ,drums, sax ect. dct style lol.

Im not complaining dct rocks and i do like there japanese songs I really like Kyo Dake Wa I played that song and my sisters friend kinda like danced to it or was moving around lol I think she liked it. She knows about my dct obsession but she doesn't like them I dont think lol. :)

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:44 am

Just do a search using "Honda Odyssey true" should just you thee results.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:02 pm

Thanks, Spaceman- I found I just wasn't using the Honda CM info website properly.

There is now a 1:54 clip as well as the :30. It shows the filming, which is pretty cool, plus more of the track towards the end. Check it out!

nakoruru, I agree with you- this sounds like a very good English version. I hope we can hear the entire track soon, but I guess I could wait for that DVD version!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:28 pm

nogizaka wrote:nakoruru, I agree with you- this sounds like a very good English version. I hope we can hear the entire track soon, but I guess I could wait for that DVD version!
Another great English version I had forgotten about is Sayonara. It was only released as a b-side for Wherever You Are but in my opinion, it deserved to be in some album!

You know, the exact same phrase in Japanese feels completely different in English - that is true for any language at all, to be honest. That's why literal lyric translations end up being awkward. Even with similar languages. I have seen few Kraftwerk songs that had actual lyrics in German fall off flat when translated to English.

Though I absolutely love the English version of "Itsu no ma ni", "I was born into this world crying" simply doesn't feel the same to me as "nakinagara umareta no ni".

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:21 pm

I agree with you on 'Sayonara', nakoruru- a very good translation. You feel the meaning of the song in English just as well as the Japanese.

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:30 am

I Would hate for this song to get released as a special single with the 2011 wonderland dvd for the first 50,00 people lol that would suck. Plus I don't think I can wait that long for one song lol.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:36 pm

I imagine that they will release a single version a little sooner- by 2011, some people will have forgotten that it exists!

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Johnny » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:33 am

Your right lol I was just stating I Just wonder what songs would be on the single if it's released other than mirai 2 english version I would not know.
Hope there is another English single in the vain of maybe um it's all about love,Say it but DCT have released english singles before in Japan ala wherever you are I dunno I'm tired lol just wanna hear the song. :)

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 am

Whatever happened to the full-length version? I'd love to hear it!

Johnny
DCTJoy Senior Member

Re: Mirai Yosozu II ~English Version~

Post by Johnny » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:04 am

Sorry to bump this topic kinda unrelated to topic but here is a fan translation interpretation of Mirai Yosouzu II.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e34BGTszHY