Wonderland 2007 concert DVD on February 27, 2008!

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:18 am

tachikaze wrote:I just pre-ordered the Limited Edition DVD from Amazon.co.jp . . .

Items: ¥ 4,088
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 2,000
Total: ¥ 6,088
Promotion (incl. Points) Applied: -¥ 123

Order Total: ¥ 5,965
Thanks for pointing this out! Amazon.co.jp was much cheaper than cdjapan! I just ordered mine!

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:06 pm

I wonder why the shipping to Brazil from Amazon Japan is unbelievable ¥3,500 plus ¥300 per item. :shock: We ain't that far down from the US (I think)! ;)

By the way, the limited edition is sold out on HMV. I'm expecting it to sell like hot cakes since The Love Rocks DVD got a #1 on the charts. I don't see a reason for DWL 2007 be any lower on the DVD chart. ^^

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:28 am

DWL 2007 entered the Oricon at #2. By the way, has anyone else ordered from CDJapan? My order is estimated to be shipped within 1-4 days. :shock:

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Yep. Pre-ordered on the 9th Jan got the order shipped e-mail yesterday :lol:

I've also noticed on E-bay that they quite often charge more for delivery to South America and Africa :shock:

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:26 pm

nakoruru wrote:DWL 2007 entered the Oricon at #2. By the way, has anyone else ordered from CDJapan? My order is estimated to be shipped within 1-4 days. :shock:
Yepper...the Sergio disc is keeping mine for being shipped immediately, but I can wait ^^
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by sdankoehler » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

Mine just arrived...:)

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Ugh. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order and ordering from HMV 'cause they have it on stock. It is bad enough it will take about 2 weeks to get here, I don't wanna wait more. :evil:

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:06 am

Mine's in the shipping process ^_^

And...the DVD moved up to #1 today :)
-Jay

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Mine is also in the shipping process now. ^^; I'm so stressed out lately anything is enough to get me upset. I will kick the customs people if they decide to hold my order for too long! HA!

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 am

It was the #1 DVD (of all types) in land for the week :)
-Jay

Spaceman
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Spaceman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Mine arrived today :D Not had a chance to watch it yet though.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:33 am

Hi Everyone:

Long time, no see! I'm still alive.

Got my Wonderland 07 DVD and I just wish I was there... the powerplant live dvd features some lovely arrangements. Sweet Revenge was great with Masa on electro-acoustic bass.

I loved the concert - but I hate the dancers and the MC. Both really, really get on my nerves.

I can't believe how many people were at that concert - does anyone have any figures?

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:40 pm

James wrote:Hi Everyone:

Long time, no see! I'm still alive.

Got my Wonderland 07 DVD and I just wish I was there... the powerplant live dvd features some lovely arrangements. Sweet Revenge was great with Masa on electro-acoustic bass.

I loved the concert - but I hate the dancers and the MC. Both really, really get on my nerves.

I can't believe how many people were at that concert - does anyone have any figures?

- James
Welcome back, James!

60,000 at each of the Tokyo concerts :)
-Jay

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:11 pm

James wrote:Hi Everyone:

The lowest were the 1999 dancers. The 1995 dancers were pretty freaky too, outside of "Sae" of course.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sat May 31, 2008 10:52 pm

Finally, my wife and I were able to watch the DVD set.

As performances, the songs are hard to beat- everyone sounds great, they didn't try to medley any songs (even the shortened versions are not TOO short) and the song selection (vox populi) is arranged very well. It's almost too good...

As a concert, this does not work. My wife and I did not feel like we were watching a concert. I felt like I was watching a very extended performance video. All of the between-songs conversation and interplay was removed, so no mention of the 'All dreams come true' theme which is supposed to be the core of this Wonderland. The show moves at a breakneck pace- despite the number of discs, I felt that this was the shortest Wonderland I had ever seen. I understand that this format is the best way to allow access to individual songs, but it also takes away the 'concert' feeling, and defeats the concept of a 'live' DVD.

Was this the best of the Wonderlands? We have Jei, Dan, and Kudou to tell us what really happened, and I think that we may take them at their words. The best of the Wonderland videos/DVDs? I think that still goes to the '99 shows. They are CONCERT videos, warts and all- I would rather see Masa take a fall and come back later to blow us away with his performance than have it edited out for the sake of continuity.

The POWER PLANT Special disc is a great 'unplugged' set, but as a concert, it's even worse than the other discs- it actually fades out between songs, displaying the titles just like a performance video.

This set did not live up to the hype- I'm glad that I have it, but not as a record of the Wonderland 2007 shows. I hope that someday, I may have the experience of seeing DCT live.