DCT 20th Anniversary Concert Tour DVD

Post current news (and rumors) you've heard about Dreams Come True
nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:32 am

I haven't had time or peace of mind to sit down and even turn on the subs on the DVD to pay attention to the lyrics yet. But one line of the lyric sticks to my head every time I hear the song "tomodachi no mae de nakinasai" / "cry in front of your friends".

"Asa ga Mata Kuru" is probably the most upbeat song with sad lyrics about a break up. I will see if I can find time to go thru the lyrics because I have been curious about it myself.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:15 pm

The lyric is not sad, rather it is encouraging. Miwa wants you to believe in yourself, "believe in believing." No matter what happens, things will change- the only thing in life that is "one hundred percent true." It is alright to cry in front of your friends and family; you should do this, because the hardest thing is not to be able to express yourself when you need to- "that's what friends are for." The Japanese lyrics don't speak of life not always being beautiful, and the English first states "Life is not just beautiful/It's not just a beautiful thing," then "And yet, life is maybe beautiful/It's just a beautiful thing." One may interpret that as one wishes, but isn't just being alive beautiful? That's what I think.

Being barely able to speak/understand Japanese myself, I know that it's easy to create a completely different meaning to DCT's songs, sometimes one which (as I have mentioned before) I like better than the actual meaning. But of course it's good to know the real meaning.

I thank my wife again and again...

Bandman
DCTJoy Chibi

True, Baby True

Post by Bandman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 am

Thanks to you both for your replies. They have helped me understand! It also makes more sense as you have explained it.
-Bandman

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

On the technical side of things, I have to give big props to the "RED" video cameras they used...has to be the highest video quality concert that I've ever seen...had to remind myself I wasn't watching a Blu-ray :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/