Beauty and Harmony DVD

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Beauty and Harmony DVD

Post by zberry » Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:28 am

I highly recommend this DVD. Great musicians making great music. The playing and singing are simply phenomenal. I also like the recorded interviews with the musicians between songs, talking about the project and playing with Miwa.
Words cannot do justice to Miwa's performance. She puts everything into every single note and, when she's not singing, is totally grooving into the sounds the other musicians are making.
Beauty and Harmony 2 will be great I'm sure, because you could tell how much fun they all had playing together.
I couldn't find a date or venue for the concert listed on the DVD. It said Orchard Hall, which I assume is the one in Bunkamura in Shibuya? The Beauty and Harmony CD was released in '96, right? But this concert DVD wasn't released until 2000, I believe? One of the musicians talked about the growth and development in Miwa's voice during that time.
I really hope another tour and DVD come out of Beauty and Harmony 2, but I hope we don't have to wait 4 years. Something to look forward to.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: Beauty and Harmony DVD

Post by Jei » Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:54 pm

zberry wrote:I also like the recorded interviews with the musicians between songs, talking about the project and playing with Miwa.
I really enjoyed those too. Especially after finding out how influencial these gentlemen have been in the music industry...
zberry wrote: I couldn't find a date or venue for the concert listed on the DVD. It said Orchard Hall, which I assume is the one in Bunkamura in Shibuya?
If it's Orchard Hall, then it's either June 3rd or 4th of '96
zberry wrote: The Beauty and Harmony CD was released in '96, right? But this concert DVD wasn't released until 2000, I believe? One of the musicians talked about the growth and development in Miwa's voice during that time.
December of '95 for the CD.
The VHS video first came out in November of 96.

Hoping there's a B&H2 tour, this was....
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/