Ano Natsu no Hanabi -- Concert Commentary

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Ano Natsu no Hanabi -- Concert Commentary

Post by tachikaze » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:34 am

The DCT Wonderland 95 concert tape was so good I also got it on DVD. Jei has posted the opening, so I thought it would be fun to show the last song of the pre-encore set, as it shows DCT perhaps at their absolute peak.

Opening shot of monster stage with illumination

Dancer #1 picking Miwa up off the stage floor -- after that previous set of hard dancing (featuring the "sexy Miwa" set), she didn't seem too genki at that moment

Dancer #1 fanning Miwa while she prepares to start singing

Miwa singing with Dancer #1

Miwa leaving Dancer #1.

Miwa on to Dancer #2

Miwa has moved on to sing with Rin for a bit

Miwa close shot #1

Miwa close shot #2

Miwa moving over to Nakamura

Pregnant pause in the song & music

Fireworks start! This band had the pull (and budget) to set up 5 outdoor fireworks venues across the nation July-Sept, 1995. DCT wasn't on my radar in 1995, unfortunately, but I do remember seeing the fireworks go off over the bay and wondering what the heck was the event.

Back shot of Masa, Miwa and fireworks

Miwa & Masa watch.

Masa gets pretty emotional...

... with a caring embrace

This is the 7th or 8th time they've done this for this tour, but they still seem sincere here

Miwa moves back from Masa, savors the moment. My favorite image of her -- she's turned 30, in the middle of a massively successful year, on a multi-million dollar national tour, doing the last song of the set, and at the absolute top of her art. Talent + preparation + opportunity + execution + reward, all in a single jpeg.

After a brief pause, Miwa finally starts singing again, band comes back in to join

Later Miwa moves over to Nishikawa

Sings "These days, are you too, somewhere, living through the falling seasons" to Nishikawa. None of my business, but one must wonder if they had something going when Miwa first came down from Hokkaido to Tokyo in the mid 80's.

Nishikawa pats Miwa on the head, smiles

Miwa walks off as song ending winds up

One last ending for Miwa...

...and "ey!" of the concert proper

Closing shot of stage from rear of the audience... 50,000 people. With only 10 dates, I think the money went into the event and at best the band broke-even for themselves on this tour.

Image[/b]

zberry
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by zberry » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:22 am

Great shots! I've been thinking seriously of getting the '95 show. You say you got it on DVD? I recall only seeing it on VHS. Any difference between the versions?
Also, re: Miwa and Nishikawa, you mean he's a heterosexual? I'm sorry, but I just assumed he was gay. No offense, but I would have bet money he was gay.

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:01 am

It's region-2 coded, only available in Japan. I ordered it via tower.co.jp and a friend there who owed me a favor.

Maybe amazon.co.jp will ship to the states... I certainly bought enough crap from the states while in Japan...

There aren't any differences between the VHS and the DVD -- the DVD extras are pretty weak, and the video is only in 4:3.

If Nishikawa's gay then half of Japanese males are too (not impossible).