The monster is coming...

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
James
DCTJoy 24/7

The monster is coming...

Post by James » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:09 pm

... Well it finally bloody came! I ripped open the box a popped "The Monster universal mix" into the cd player. As usual, I loved it and yet again, a different sound!

Stand out tracks for me would be.... New york atlas, Funka-Monster and Another day without you (I have the japanese single release of this track and was amazed there was an english version - and very pleased there is one!) Obviously theres also Go on, baby! and See you in my dreams that make it into the most played.

A disappointing thing would be the lyrics are even more annoying to read than the "Sing Or Die" ones. Also, not sure why they have the AHAHA remix from Sing or Die on there?

Question: Does anyone know what these "Agent Codes" are that are hidden in the artwork?? Noticed them also on MGO and Go on, Baby CD single.

Completly changing point.... After watching DWL 2003 and 1999 I realised just how cool Ohtani Koh is on the keyboards! He's awesome! Glad he's on a lot of the monster tracks.

Jei - I hope you got my email thanking you for the videos, thanks again!

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: The monster is coming...

Post by Jei » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:01 pm

James wrote:A disappointing thing would be the lyrics are even more annoying to read than the "Sing Or Die" ones.
I've never understood the decision to make the lyrics so difficult to read...I assume it wasn't DCT idea considering their past albums. It was so bad, I refused to try to write them down for the lyric pages.

Fortunately, forum member Jentutu was crazy enough to give it a try :)
(Which results in the lyric pages you see here...Thanks Jentutu!)
Jei - I hope you got my email thanking you for the videos, thanks again!
Yepper...glad you like 'em!
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

Keith
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by Keith » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:47 pm

James where did you buy it from im after that as well.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:55 pm

Sorry keith, never noticed that one. Oh well, it's on its way now!

BTW - I noted there about the remixes... i think this is because these are Taiwan release bonus tracks.... I noticed they weren't listed on garden...

Sing or die came with a nice booklet with pics of them in the studio.... possibly another Taiwan only extra... although, looks Japanese.... I can't imagine the US release containing this booklet. It also has pics of Takahiro at the keyboard and on his laptop.... makes me think this "manipulating" might have actually been something!!

- James