Wonder 3 and more...

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
James
DCTJoy 24/7

Wonder 3 and more...

Post by James » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:31 pm

Wonder 3, Love Unlimited and Delicious (along with a 2nd copy of The Swinging Star) arrived today from Japan, nearly completing my DCT album collection (Oh, apart from the compilations).

"Open Sesame" is probably my favourite of Masa's opening themes.... wasn't expecting that change! Oh, and I do love "Stella Of Dreams Come True" from million kisses. The opening themes is a great idea, I was disappointed "Love Overflows" was missing one. :(

Masa's slap bass on "Sweet Revenge" is awesome...
Jei.... am I right in thinking the "Love Unlimited" enhanced CD is not Mac compitable?

I think Wonder 3 is my favourite of the 3... but I like them ALL as usual. I dont think i own one of their albums I hate listening too.

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Re: Wonder 3 and more...

Post by Jei » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:12 pm

James wrote: Masa's slap bass on "Sweet Revenge" is awesome...
"Sweet Revenge" is my fave unappreciated DCT song!
Went absolutely ballastic when they performed it at 2003 :)

A recommendation for US fans: Go see DCT if/when they come back...Masa is more liberal (fierce!) on the bass in front of our smaller crowds...(or at least he was at the concert I went too ^^)
Jei.... am I right in thinking the "Love Unlimited" enhanced CD is not Mac compitable?
Yup...just Windows 95 or higher...

But...You can access the quicktime movies and music files...
There'll be a "DCT_8th" disc that shows up when you insert the disk...

Still...you should seek out a Windows machine...The CD Extra part, in it's full package, is *excellent*. Nothing like two music videos ('Romance' & 'Love Love Love') and clips from the first 8 albums to sample through...:)
I think Wonder 3 is my favourite of the 3... but I like them ALL as usual. I dont think i own one of their albums I hate listening too.
Wonder 3 fights back and forth with Magic for my all time fave...
While that's the case, I still think Delicious is the album I'd recommend to people who've never heard of DCT before...outstanding power songs and compositions...more of a 'live' sound than future albums...and it has 'Sankyu' on it :)

I love Open Sesame too...I've always dug majestic songs and this fits the bill to no end. Can't help but my flail my arms about like I'm conducting when I hear it...:)

You might want to try out the 'Seventh of July' soundtrack...it has a number of other excellent Masa instrumentals that aren't available anywhere else.
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:20 am

Jei wrote:A recommendation for US fans: Go see DCT if/when they come back...Masa is more liberal (fierce!) on the bass in front of our smaller crowds...(or at least he was at the concert I went too ^^)
Wow! I must see them live at least once in my lifetime! The chances of them playing England are very slim I bet considering we never had the albums. Masa has inspired me to take up the bass guitar... I've been playing the piano for 8 years now and so can already read the bass clef pretty well so surely its just a case of learning where all the notes are and the technique of playing it!

utstanding power songs and compositions...more of a 'live' sound than future albums...and it has 'Sankyu' on it :)
Oh god, what a great song. I recognised it from the Wonderland 2003 DVD, Miwa's vocal is outstanding.
I love Open Sesame too...I've always dug majestic songs and this fits the bill to no end. Can't help but my flail my arms about like I'm conducting when I hear it...:)
LOL! :D I know the feeling, I had to blast the hell out of it! The start sounds similar to the "Children of the sun theme" from DCT Sing or die live 1998.

You might want to try out the 'Seventh of July' soundtrack...it has a number of other excellent Masa instrumentals that aren't available anywhere else.
Is that out of print? I really wish he'd bring out his sonic tunes!! The very tunes that got me into DCT in the first place... I dont think people realise the work and the arrangement that went into those tunes, at the time it sounded far better than anything else on games (still does to me!!)

The newer Sonic Advance games use Masa's music, funny that.... Sega were willing to pay him for loads of little tunes from the game for Sonic Advance, yet they wouldn't pay him for the 12 second theme for Sonic 3...

- James

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:55 am

James wrote:
Is that out of print?
It's still available (tho with limited quantities) at CD Japan...
Better get it while it's there...:)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/