Amoretto?

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related
sdankoehler
DCTJoy 24/7

Amoretto?

Post by sdankoehler » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:52 pm

Anyone know what this "Amoretto" thing on the dctgarden website is? It's next to the Diamond 15 link.

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:34 am

It's a DCT produced movie...and if I read it right, both Miwa & Masa are in it... (someone please check that last part...that kanji in kinda hard to read...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:51 am

Dream Collaboration Realized
Mori Junichi (Director) x DCT x ?Somebody Nobu? (screenplay)

amorétto

Theme Song
DCT (Love Letter)
Lyrics: Miwa Music: Miwa•Masa Arrangement: Masa
Genshu: Masa & Miwa

(and yes, I can't find WTH 'genshu' means, either... it's not in my two powerful deadtree dictionaries, it's not on my favorite online dictionary (http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/), it's not on usenet, and the 40 entries in google look like it's mostly a name of a historical figure or a guitarist.

edict doesn't have it, but looking over the meanings of 'shu' it looks like 'shu' can be just an artistic title (it's used in kabuki to mean young actor role).... so, I'd just guess since 'gen' means source then 'genshu' is Original Idea or something like that.

DCT's production company is also producing this movie.

It's a one-off print playing in one theater in Shibuya from Christmas to 1/14, then moving to another theater until after valentine's day. 9:30 -> 10:15, so it's more a long-form video than a movie.

It will be also shown at Winter Fantasia (Private Showing Member Exhibition).

(as for the picture, man, that's one thing I miss about winters in Japan -- women in boots and jackets)

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:37 pm

hmmm, never mind. genshu is probably a kabuki term for 'featuring', or perhaps '/only/ featuring'...

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:25 am

The website for 'amorétto' has been updated with full info on cast, staff, background, story, etc....even a trailer ^^

http://www.dctgarden.com/amoretto/

Looks like Miwa & Masa on their acting chops again...
(Hopefully it won't be as strange as the 24/7 movie...)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:28 pm

hah! They changed the 'genshu' to 'gen-an', so "Original Idea" above was correct...

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:57 pm

Thought I'd share this information with you...

A very nice guy named Takashi emailed me a while back... I've been staying in touch. He worked on the Wonderland 2003 DVD and has been producing the documentary DVD featured with the DCT box set.

His comments on the film are below... Thanks Takashi!

"The film was supposed to be a sort of short film, before they started their shooting. But the result is a bit long 'proper' film.

Masa and Miwa act a folk duo group, who cannot make a big hit, and they travel around and play on the streets to make their living. They begin to imitate Dreams Come True, because they look like them.

In the film the real Masa is acted by a popular comedian who looks like Masa and he really entertains us on TV shows by imitating Masa!

I'm not sure about the detail of the story, but Masa and Miwa's manager is acted by Atsushi Ito, who is a young talented actor, who also did the
narration of the documentary DVD that we made.

The schedule was quite tight and the shooting was done in only 2 weeks.
Due to the bad weather like a big typhoon attacking,
they really had hard time during the shooting, as I heard."

- James

jentutu
DCTJoy Member

Post by jentutu » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:20 pm

oh the story sounds cool...thanks for sharing!
i hope when it release on DVD it will include english subtitle this time!!,
not like the 24/7 DVD,i have NO idea what is the story is about.... :oops:

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:04 pm

Good thing I decided to do my homework around here... ;) I don't like to revive old threads but it one is worth while,
James wrote:His comments on the film are below... Thanks Takashi!

Masa and Miwa act a folk duo group, who cannot make a big hit, and they travel around and play on the streets to make their living. They begin to imitate Dreams Come True, because they look like them.
Geez! I thought so because of what was written in the banner - darn it, I'm too lazy to check the DVD now. Plus the fact Yasuo was trying to fool the driver saying they were DCT.
James wrote: In the film the real Masa is acted by a popular comedian who looks like Masa and he really entertains us on TV shows by imitating Masa!
Oh, now it makes sense. I have seen this guy on YouTube. There is a cover of Go For It... it is really funny how the guy can imitate Masa so well. :lol:
James wrote: The schedule was quite tight and the shooting was done in only 2 weeks.
Due to the bad weather like a big typhoon attacking,
they really had hard time during the shooting, as I heard."
Two weeks?! :shock: That's just insane! Plus, with a big typhoon around.

Great info, thanks James for sharing it...

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:42 pm

The comedian who imitates Masa is named Higo, and is a member of 'Dacho Club', a comedy group (see the POWER PLANT interview post from January 3rd).