So what's your favorite ending?

General talk about everything Dreams Come True related

What is your favorite DCT album ending? (Updated)

1. STILL
No votes
2. Mirai Yosouzu II
40%
3. Jikan Ryokou
20%
4. Ginga e no Fune
No votes
5. Haretara ii ne
No votes
6. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
No votes
7. Oyasumi no Uta
No votes
8. Shiawase na Karada
No votes
9. Gekkou
No votes
10. dragonfly
No votes
11. Kanon
No votes
12. Love Love Love (English)
No votes
13. Hatsuyuki- ENDING THEME
20%
14. SPOON ME, BABY ME
20%
15. AND I LOVE YOU
No votes
16. a love song
No votes
17. THE ONE
No votes
18. AGAIN
No votes

Total votes: 5

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

So what's your favorite ending?

Post by nogizaka » Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks to James for the inspiration.

A good finish is as important as a good beginning- we see that some endings of DCT's albums are linked to the introduction of the next album (or that there is some kind of link between albums- thanks jentutu!). Since I am an album listener more than a song listener, I know that the endings of many albums seem to stick with me (and often govern my mood) after I am through listening.

My choice? I found that when I listened to 'The Love Rocks' for the first time, I was not impressed with the tracks (singles excepted) UNTIL I got to the end. 'SPOON ME, BABY ME' grabbed me from the first notes, and I sat transfixed all the way through to Miwa's last words (even though it was 11:30 pm, and I had to get up at 5:45 am ). I began to enjoy the other tracks from the second listening, but the power of 'SPOON ME' reigns supreme.

Second, 'Jikan Ryokou' from 'Wonder 3'- an ending with a great ending- this song will stay with me "Longer than forever". Third, 'Oyasumi no Uta'- possibly the sweetest goodnight in recording history- Juliet couldn't have done it any better than Miwa.

So what do YOU think?

Jei
DCTJoy Grand Poobah

Post by Jei » Sun May 07, 2006 11:42 pm

I almost want to break it into two levels....ending songs that are just cappers (short songs to finish off the mood/album...and then there's full fledged songs.

As much as I love "Happy Happy Birthday", I've got to go with the classic "Mirai Yosouzu II". Still get blown away by this 7 minute opus :)
-Jay
DCTJoy.Com - The Joy that is Dreams Come True
http://www.dctjoy.com/

nakoruru
DCTJoy JET!

Post by nakoruru » Mon May 08, 2006 2:17 am

I couldn't agree more with Nogizaka about 'SPOON ME, BABY ME'. But still Mirai Yosouzu II is the best ending of all times. If not one of the best songs of all times.

I happen to like long songs and it just kills me the instrumental part in the end. I adore the arrangements of their songs. Miwa's vocals are so great but the arrangements are terrific as well. :D

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm

I can't fault your choice, folks- 'Mirai II' is DCT's epic, their longest track. Interesting that the three longest tracks ('Mirai II', 'Ginga e no Fune', and 'SPOON ME' [uh-huh, uh-huh] are also closers. These long songs, with their ascending finishes, of course make for powerful endings.

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Thu May 18, 2006 1:17 am

11. Kanon
It's Crystal vine, isn't it?? The ending for that album.

That's my favourite, along with Mirai yosouzu II.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu May 18, 2006 8:44 am

'Crystal Vine' is listed as a bonus track- 'Kanon' is the ending track (and a pretty cool one at that).

tachikaze
DCTJoy Swinging Star

Post by tachikaze » Sat May 20, 2006 3:03 pm

I was going to vote Ginga-he no fune since that is my favorite late-night song but I guess if I had to pick one song to "close" DCT's career-album with it would have to be Mirai Yousouzu II . Miwa just sings her guts out on that ending, which btw goes on for *two minutes*.

Celes
DCTJoy Salad

Post by Celes » Sun May 21, 2006 11:37 am

nogizaka wrote:'Crystal Vine' is listed as a bonus track- 'Kanon' is the ending track (and a pretty cool one at that).
Oh I see. Thanks for telling me.

M'Turk
DCTJoy Chibi

Post by M'Turk » Mon May 22, 2006 1:23 pm

First up, IMO Kanon is the best song n the list. But not the best ending.

SPOON ME, BABY ME is a great ending, but I have two favourites; Love, love, love and Gekkou. Love, love, love with it's lovely fade out caps the album off just a fraction better.
On the internet,
Nobody knows you're a dog.

James
DCTJoy 24/7

Post by James » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:06 pm

hehe, has to be Mirai Yosouzu II for me!

JOHAN
DCTJoy Salad

Post by JOHAN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:16 pm

A lotta tough choices.

SPOON ME, BABY ME also blew me away the first time I heard it. This song was very unlike anything I've heard from DCT in my years of listening to their songs with its hints of sexiness in it. If that's not enough proof, watch the performance of this song in THE LOVE ROCKS concert and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Haretara Ii Ne is another favourite of mine with its cheerfulness and such, but to me seems more as a song that shouldn't end an album.

I'm gonna go with everyone else here. Mirai Yosouzo II is definitely a favourite of mine due to the enitre arrangements and Miwa's stunning vocals. The latest version of this timeless classic is just as amazing as well if you've heard it.

Come to think of it, the long outro (in terms of length and dramatic feel, not musical style) is similar to a song my band performed during our jamming sessions.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:39 pm

It's been awhile since I checked this topic, but if you don't mind, who picked 'dragonfly'? It's a good choice (they all are, each in their own way)- a short, very sweet ending to a very powerful album. A quiet one that stays with you all the same.

Yukifox
DCTJoy Senior Member

Post by Yukifox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Mirai Yosouzu II definately, one of my favorites as well. ^_^

Also, curious, but why did MYII come out before Mirai Yosouzu? Were they movie tracks and the latter wasn't put on an album until later or is there another reason? (Or does II mean something else rather than "2")

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm thinking that 'MY' and 'MY II' were lyrics (poetry?) that Miwa wrote chronologically, but she and Masa came up with the music and arrangement for 'MY II' first (for reasons I don't know), and so it appears first in recorded form.

nogizaka
DCTJoy Wonderlander

Post by nogizaka » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 am

The new versions of these tracks just became available in Japan as ringtones, by the way.